Sunday Results 3rd August

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Tim C
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Sunday Results 3rd August

Post by Tim C »

Vale 5 - 0 West Beach
(Scorers: D.Maher, C.Nicholls (2), M.Hobbs, T.Crawford :D )
A good solid game played by the Vale today with the only disappointing thing being the scoreline as should of probably been closer to 8-0.
We played some great football and took the game to WB from the first whistle. WB did have a 5-10 min spell early in the second half but never really trouble our defense. Another clean sheet for Kokot and the defense, good work lads. 5 goals for the midfield and forwards.
4 massive games to go with everything on the line. East next week will be tough as they are playing for any survival chance they can and always hard to play on the hill.
C'mon the VALE, Lets have it !!!!
At the end of it all there will still be Football !!
It wasn't Bad but its Far from Good !

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

haywood djablowme wrote:Pontians 2 Gardens 2

Pontians penalty last minute to level it up
How were Gardens goals scored?

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

Golden EAGLE wrote:

2penalties to gardens 1 to pontians
things happen for a reason

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

robinfriday10 wrote:
Golden EAGLE wrote:

2penalties to gardens 1 to pontians
3 penalties and not one send off! Gardens keeper lucky not to be sent off for the Pontians penalty.

Eagles a bit unlucky not to win in saying that Gardens or Pontian keeper didnt have to make a save all day. The Koala's in the trees took out life insurance at half time! I thought the game was a good Div1 stoush and what the Eagles having been playing for a while, the hunger was back and looking forward to playing Westies to see if we can be the first team during the season to knock them off.

BTW how got sent off for Westies, hopefully wasnt Doran.

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

[quote="Sweaty Bollocks"]A's: Croatia outplayed Inter all day, could have been 4-0. Inter had 12 players on the park in the second half... there 12th player being the Referee. He made some rubbish decisions in the 2nd half, thank god didnt have an effect on the result.

4-0 ? didnt we score 1 ??

couldabeen ??

croatia the better side, dunno about 4 tho??
with boris and frank on the pine you boys definitely good chance of staying up........you boys didnt start complaining about the ref til we pulled 1 back and were all over you's , but like i said better side won

p.s you should start playing in april like the rest of us :lol: :lol:

oh well just glad won't be going back to the wolves den next year :) :)
things happen for a reason

Made in Australia
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Made in Australia »

Rob Lozza wrote:Sunday Division 3
Munno Para 6:0 El Salvador (Reserves 9:1)

Sunday Division 9
Munno Para 12:1 Adelaide Villa
Did you officiate these games Lozza?
Image Image

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

congrats to brad and the boys at inter on winning promotion.
hopefully a couple of the boys will come to there senses and come out to the gully next season where they belong :D

PinchWeasel
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PinchWeasel »

robinfriday10 wrote:
Sweaty Bollocks wrote:A's: Croatia outplayed Inter all day, could have been 4-0. Inter had 12 players on the park in the second half... there 12th player being the Referee. He made some rubbish decisions in the 2nd half, thank god didnt have an effect on the result.

couldabeen ??

with boris and frank on the pine you boys definitely good chance of staying up........you boys didnt start complaining about the ref til we pulled 1 back and were all over you's , but like i said better side won

Rest assured, apart from Mr. Bollocks, we aren't counting our chickens just yet. Still gotta get out of the bottom two, but with four games left our future is in our own hands. Gotta keep the momentum going without getting too cocky.
Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel.

Hosovac
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hosovac »

PinchWeasel wrote:
robinfriday10 wrote:
Sweaty Bollocks wrote:A's: Croatia outplayed Inter all day, could have been 4-0. Inter had 12 players on the park in the second half... there 12th player being the Referee. He made some rubbish decisions in the 2nd half, thank god didnt have an effect on the result.

couldabeen ??

Rest assured, apart from Mr. Bollocks, we aren't counting our chickens just yet. Still gotta get out of the bottom two, but with four games left our future is in our own hands. Gotta keep the momentum going without getting too cocky.
Thems words of a wise man! :wink:

Right Winger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Winger »

Croatia - Inter.
Choo-choo.
Its easy to gloat when the oppostion sook, but when they take it on the chin and are modest in defeat, its alot harder.
But im gonna give it a go.
It must be intimidating playing at the Wolves Den. Foul weather, dark skies and a thick fog descending.
But it wasnt a fog, it was the 'crnci', dressed in red, white and blue.
Every Croatia player dominated their position. Midfield, ours. Leagues 2 leading goal scorers AWOL. Ours turned it on.
Scoreboards lie. Having Branko didnt make us 1 goal better than Inter. Having him in the team made us 4 or 5 better.
We missed sitter after sitter. One young guy is getting bashed on Wednesday for the 2 he choked on.
Inters late goal was a scramble, they did pressure us last 10-15 but from corners and shots/free's from 30 yards out.
Have to say, absolute pleasure playing with Branko. He is all class.
Also congrats to Inter. Back where you belong.

Next stop, Bosna.
Q. How many mujahadeen fit in a box car?
Thats not a joke, Im running figures.

General, you should come. We can make a little 'safe haven' for you and some mates.
Guaranteed safety. Its a safe haven, da?
If you wear your light blue beret, you have to hide the KANGA logo
or you wont be taken seriously. Pazi snajpera.

Starwars
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Starwars »

totally agree that sweaty bollocks is a knob! only if his feet could dribble as much as his mouth does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tony Adams
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Tony Adams »

Right Winger wrote:Croatia - Inter.
Choo-choo.
Its easy to gloat when the oppostion sook, but when they take it on the chin and are modest in defeat, its alot harder.
But im gonna give it a go.
It must be intimidating playing at the Wolves Den. Foul weather, dark skies and a thick fog descending.
But it wasnt a fog, it was the 'crnci', dressed in red, white and blue.
Every Croatia player dominated their position. Midfield, ours. Leagues 2 leading goal scorers AWOL. Ours turned it on.
Scoreboards lie. Having Branko didnt make us 1 goal better than Inter. Having him in the team made us 4 or 5 better.
We missed sitter after sitter. One young guy is getting bashed on Wednesday for the 2 he choked on.
Inters late goal was a scramble, they did pressure us last 10-15 but from corners and shots/free's from 30 yards out.
Have to say, absolute pleasure playing with Branko. He is all class.
Also congrats to Inter. Back where you belong.

Next stop, Bosna.
Q. How many mujahadeen fit in a box car?
Thats not a joke, Im running figures.

General, you should come. We can make a little 'safe haven' for you and some mates.
Guaranteed safety. Its a safe haven, da?
If you wear your light blue beret, you have to hide the KANGA logo
or you wont be taken seriously. Pazi snajpera.
only 1 played :wink:

good luck next week if u win that then you'll def b stayin up
"Victoria Concordia Crescit"

ian rush

Post by ian rush »

Where does Bosna Play??

I will come next week as we play Black Eagles and they are eliminated. I will where my united Nations beret and announce that Mostar will now be given back to the Vlacks>[/quote]

Pure gold.. .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ian rush

Post by ian rush »

BTW how got sent off for Westies, hopefully wasnt Doran.[/quote]

Ahh golden eagle you seem to know Doran well. 2 yellows. 1st one was retaliation after T Elliot smacked him in the knackers. 2nd was for dissent after west player was trodden on and no free kick given. Many cards handed out. Was only a matter of time before ref. sent someone off.

Look forward to seeing ya in goals this week. Try and stay off the pies this week, ya old body might not b able to handle the quality westies pitch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

5cougars
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 5cougars »

was at the first half of the croatia / inter game and branco was trully class . everything went through the middle and then up to him , held the ball well and brought others into the game.Not sure on inters' formation but seemed to struggle in the middle and then the wide players werent getting much of the ball either.

Second half went to ingle farm and saw the same thing at farm/downs. downs had striker who did the exaclty the same,brought the midfielders into the game
food was good at both venues .

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

A bit of a disappointing day for us yesterday. The first team loss all but finished our chances for winning the league this year. A 5 nil loss at home isn't acceptable and I know the boys are pretty embaressed about the result. We created a few chances which we didnt take. It felt like everytime the Downs went forward, they scored. In the end though, they played all over us and deserved the victory. It was a very somber clubroom after the game.
Credit to the Downs. They wanted it more, were first to the ball and didn't turn it over like we did.
Its a bit harsh been so critical of our players, coaches and style of play. In the end, we are third in the toughest league in the amatuers and if you look at our results over this year and last year, we are one of the best performing teams. I know that no one cares if you finish 2nd and 3rd but still, we have been fairly successful with how we play. A small club with a very limited budget so really, I think the boys and Simo should be recoginised for their hard work. Yes, we aren't getting results at the moment but to call people heros or soft is a bit harsh.

I didn't get to see any of the B's game as I was flat out on the BBQ. Appartently a very tough, hard fought game. We didn't take our chances and Downs took one of theirs. A really good rivarly between the two ressie teams. Lots of respect, hard physical play and of course skill. This really should be the cup final game but the football gods have drawn us to play each other in the next round. Well done to the Downs. We are fortunate that we are still in front on goal difference so hopefully we will take out the Double this year.

The C game was quite good for a C game. A few of us haven't had a game for a few weeks so our fitness really struggled. We did well in the first half, controlling the game and taking a 2-1 lead to half time. After the half, the Downs came out and dominated. Benny was denied some cracking goals by our keeper who pulled off some unreal saves. Downs got a deserved equaliser to make it 2 all at the end.

Our C2 team played with 8 players and only lost 2-1. Big effort and appartently we were denied a goal for no reason. Oh well

Dad's Army had a 9-1 win against Greenock who only had 9 players.

Thanks to Marooned, Bert, Steedy, Legga, Keano (I think it was him that came and said hello) and of course Swannsong. Highlight of the day was to meet you, pretty much sums up how bad of a day it was for us. No offence of course. :lol: Downs of always supportered the bar and BBQ really well and we greatly appreciate it.

Hopefully we can win the Rite Price Cup back off you guys next year 8)

on the side
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by on the side »

JIMMY JAZZ wrote:congrats to brad and the boys at inter on winning promotion.
hopefully a couple of the boys will come to there senses and come out to the gully next season where they belong :D
Is this a joke? they've been a big influence on inter being strong this year, fought all season to be in div 1 next year, and then u think they might just drop back and play with Gully in Div 2?

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

on the side wrote:
JIMMY JAZZ wrote:congrats to brad and the boys at inter on winning promotion.
Is this a joke? they've been a big influence on inter being strong this year, fought all season to be in div 1 next year, and then u think they might just drop back and play with Gully in Div 2?
Pretty sure he is joking. At a guess anyway :D

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Jay Walking wrote:A bit of a disappointing day for us yesterday. The first team loss all but finished our chances for winning the league this year. A 5 nil loss at home isn't acceptable and I know the boys are pretty embaressed about the result. We created a few chances which we didnt take. It felt like everytime the Downs went forward, they scored. In the end though, they played all over us and deserved the victory. It was a very somber clubroom after the game.
Credit to the Downs. They wanted it more, were first to the ball and didn't turn it over like we did.
Its a bit harsh been so critical of our players, coaches and style of play. In the end, we are third in the toughest league in the amatuers and if you look at our results over this year and last year, we are one of the best performing teams. I know that no one cares if you finish 2nd and 3rd but still, we have been fairly successful with how we play. A small club with a very limited budget so really, I think the boys and Simo should be recoginised for their hard work. Yes, we aren't getting results at the moment but to call people heros or soft is a bit harsh.

I didn't get to see any of the B's game as I was flat out on the BBQ. Appartently a very tough, hard fought game. We didn't take our chances and Downs took one of theirs. A really good rivarly between the two ressie teams. Lots of respect, hard physical play and of course skill. This really should be the cup final game but the football gods have drawn us to play each other in the next round. Well done to the Downs. We are fortunate that we are still in front on goal difference so hopefully we will take out the Double this year.

The C game was quite good for a C game. A few of us haven't had a game for a few weeks so our fitness really struggled. We did well in the first half, controlling the game and taking a 2-1 lead to half time. After the half, the Downs came out and dominated. Benny was denied some cracking goals by our keeper who pulled off some unreal saves. Downs got a deserved equaliser to make it 2 all at the end.

Our C2 team played with 8 players and only lost 2-1. Big effort and appartently we were denied a goal for no reason. Oh well

Thanks to Marooned, Bert, Steedy, Legga, Keano (I think it was him that came and said hello) and of course Swannsong. Highlight of the day was to meet you, pretty much sums up how bad of a day it was for us. No offence of course. :lol: Downs of always supportered the bar and BBQ really well and we greatly appreciate it.

Sorry I couldn't hang around for a drink, I had a 40th birthday party to attend at Hillbank.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

KEANO16
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by KEANO16 »

Jay Walking wrote:A bit of a disappointing day for us yesterday. The first team loss all but finished our chances for winning the league this year. A 5 nil loss at home isn't acceptable and I know the boys are pretty embaressed about the result. We created a few chances which we didnt take. It felt like everytime the Downs went forward, they scored. In the end though, they played all over us and deserved the victory. It was a very somber clubroom after the game.

Nah wasn't me Jay, must've been some other good lookin fella, :lol: Saw you cookin the BBQ, but when i got my yiros u weren't there. Might catchya at cup game!

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

ian rush wrote:BTW how got sent off for Westies, hopefully wasnt Doran.

Ahh golden eagle you seem to know Doran well. 2 yellows. 1st one was retaliation after T Elliot smacked him in the knackers. 2nd was for dissent after west player was trodden on and no free kick given. Many cards handed out. Was only a matter of time before ref. sent someone off.

Look forward to seeing ya in goals this week. Try and stay off the pies this week, ya old body might not b able to handle the quality westies pitch. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I was hoping he would play, he gives away a penalty every second week!!! :wink: :D

I heard there pitch was one of the better ones have never played there before.

redsfan20
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by redsfan20 »

Golden EAGLE wrote:
ian rush wrote:BTW how got sent off for Westies, hopefully wasnt Doran.

Look forward to seeing ya in goals this week. Try and stay off the pies this week, ya old body might not b able to handle the quality westies pitch. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was hoping he would play, he gives away a penalty every second week!!! :wink: :D

I heard there pitch was one of the better ones have never played there before.[/quote]

Hey Eagle
Doz has only given 1 maybe 2 this year and the pitch is quite good if you compare it to playing on roadbase!!!