club ref's

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

club ref's

Post by BULLDOG »

This is not an attack or slagging off post,just wondered if anyone can answer a question.

if you have a club ref to ref the b's game(obviously at no cost)is it correct that they have to wear the black polo shirt aquired from the league,and cannot wear any other shirt...ie yellow ref top or whatever,as they are not an official league ref?

mooks1304
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mooks1304 »

.. the league provided your club ref with a shirt?

First season we've been caught short of refs on Saturdays (B & C games most weeks) this year..

We've two qualified Club refs.. no shirts tho I dont think..
Flat Caps And False Nines. A Football Blog.
www.flatcapsandfalsenines.com

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

i heard u can wear a flanalet shirt!! aslong as the black and red dont clash with the teams colours haha

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Bulldog, Bulldog, Bulldog..

Technically you are right, however most of these refs you speak of are past refs.

If they have the proper shirt they should be allowed to referee in the shirt.. At present the league overlooks it.

Look the more professional a ref can look the better surely??

Dont cause trouble with this, its nonsense if you do

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

I think the issue needs not to be brought up about Club referees but The actual amateur league referees. The referee at the Vista - Limnos game was absolutely attrocious. 3 send offs to vista, one which went toa player who was not even on the field. and countless yellows to go with it...As i can remember there were at most 3 yellows given to Limnos players. Absolute disgrace to the game. no wonder its hard to win at the LEAGUE HEADQUATERS.

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

The biggest difference between Limnos and Vista today?

Their mouth. Challenges didn't earn you the cards it was your foul tongue. Its rule no.1 in football, don't argue with the referee.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Football_lad wrote:I think the issue needs not to be brought up about Club referees but The actual amateur league referees. The referee at the Vista - Limnos game was absolutely attrocious. 3 send offs to vista, one which went toa player who was not even on the field. and countless yellows to go with it...As i can remember there were at most 3 yellows given to Limnos players. Absolute disgrace to the game. no wonder its hard to win at the LEAGUE HEADQUATERS.

1 send off was cause ur player chopped 1 of our players from behind, and that was his 2nd yellow... the otha 1 was that 1 of ur players got a yellow and when the ref was bookin him ur player called him a shiraz twat and countless other words... as 4 ur sub, well i dunno wat happen there!

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Ah yes that was an important game wasnt it?

Vista were lucky not to have a player sent off against Farm the week before when a Vista player put one of our blokes in hospital after a terrible, unnecessary challlenge.

And Vista do whinge a lot so I'd believe what Limnos are saying.

However that game was 1st vs 2nd so I could see a Limnos ref being bias perhaps? Hence a Vista reaction...

Should know better

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

we got robbed at there ground for offside when they won 3-2!
home ground u gotta expect it

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

robbo wrote:Ah yes that was an important game wasnt it?

Vista were lucky not to have a player sent off against Farm the week before when a Vista player put one of our blokes in hospital after a terrible, unnecessary challlenge.

And Vista do whinge a lot so I'd believe what Limnos are saying.

However that game was 1st vs 2nd so I could see a Limnos ref being bias perhaps? Hence a Vista reaction...

Should know better
i see you must be talking about the b's game? forget it. Limnos b's totally outplayed vista. Vista were nothing, don't know how they were top. FFS, I scored from a corner kick.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Yes I was impressed with Limnos in our fixture earlier in the year.

You guys def have good reserves team.

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice

colon clenser

Post by colon clenser »

the only way to solve the B grade ref is for someone from another club ..doesnt have to be from the same division to ref ,,,

Spellow House
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spellow House »

Frappe, or is it Crappe? Fair enough, you guys totally outplayed Vista B's, but a lot has to do with the two skyscrapers you had upfront, our B team this year is very young and there is not enough of us old farts to give the team a bit of muscle, the title is still very much anyones at the moment, so watch your back! :) And as for you scoring from a corner? Dream on m8, I was on the line, your not claiming that one! It was an o.g. from our sweeper! :evil:
EVERTONIANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED. WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT....DONT MATTER!

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

1. My point - it was crap defending.

2. those skyscrapers were probably the youngest on the park

3. I still reckon you guys can't ply football.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Frappe wrote:1. My point - it was crap defending.

2. those skyscrapers were probably the youngest on the park

3. I still reckon you guys can't ply football.

so frappe what number were you wearing,we kept calling your name but no=one turned round?
onoir diomasack

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Never heard my name, I was wearing the No.7. Tell me you are a better player than me pleaseeee.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Frappe wrote:Never heard my name, I was wearing the No.7. Tell me you are a better player than me pleaseeee.
arrr frap old buddy old pal,i'd love to however these old bones of mine don't allow such activities anymore.now i just coach and abuse refs to pass the time away :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
onoir diomasack

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

to the vista boys..

ever heard of karma?? now before u start going mental at me hear me out.. we got truly fu.cked by both your a and b refs in the first round in more ways than one.. and our team copped 3 critical injuries that day.. so why the shiraz are u guys complaining now??

obviously i wasnt at the match but from wat im reading a few of ur guys were abusing the ref etc... abusing a ref can only make things worse for ya and more decisions go against u guys.. its not rocket science..

just wanna say to the guys who helped clean up the mess left by your own supporters.. i have never seen or heard of anything like that in my life.. so a huge congrats and thankyou for that..

this is what the amatuer league should be all about.. fair play and good will towards each other, while playing the sport WE ALL LUV.. 8)
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Spellow House wrote: our B team this year is very young and there is not enough of us old farts to give the team a bit of muscle, the title is still very much anyones at the moment, so watch your back! :)
There are old farts 'Spewell House' but unfortunately they cant get a run :wink:
Experience and youth is a great combination and when sorted it will work wonders.
Faith and Passion, the vista way
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)