downs v royal park

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

downs v royal park

Post by marooned »

downs 10 royal park 0
good win for lads today must say if wasnt outstanding display by RP keeper score would have been huge.
although fed cup match against galaxy was eagerly sought by the Downs we must with great regret forfiet this game as a shot at the league title is our priority. without support from our own league and clubs within we will not be forced to play two games in two days which is the only scenario left to us. Apologies to Galaxy and support crew who bent over backwards to help us. hang on to that keg we will come and drink it with you when you win your league.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

the amature league at its best again. this is why there should be one governing body in sa. With all the good work that is happening with the socceroo's progressing, the amature league still are in the dark age. some things never change :cry:

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

I dont think it is just the amateur league I am pretty sure that LION wouldn t postpone their game (and are within their rights to do so). So its not just one entity that is holding this game back. I could be wrong but thats my udersatnding of it.

Who was the keeper at Royal Park?

slipknot
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by slipknot »

thats sad to hear that downs cant play that match vs galaxy.I was looking forward to a fairytale downs cup run which would of shock a few of those superleague teams.On sunday that downs forward line would of given galaxy some headaches,has fuda,taylor and butler played at a higher level?Our goalie at royal park is very talented i wish he could play every week.the crowd on sunday was fantastic with the 50 paro downs fanatics vs the 6 royal pk fanatics with some funny chants and coments bein screamed out.downs your crowd is good one not like some of the others out there.forza r.p.s.c

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

righto pump up the game and then forefit...nice work! what do the lads think of that?

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

i think the downs are ace,epic even,best team we've played by far for at least 7 years,great bunch of chaps both on and off the park,and those who run the club by-jingo's their pucka.

(hope i got all that right marooned,now will it be a cheque or cash?)
onoir diomasack

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

ha!

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

it will be cash and it will be under your pillow where i always leave it. :wink:

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

marooned wrote:it will be cash and it will be under your pillow where i always leave it. :wink:
shhhhhhhhh people might talk babe.....i mean MAROONED...dude pal mate.

(i've made your fav for tea hun...meat and 2 veg.....don't be late)
onoir diomasack

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Golden EAGLE wrote:I dont think it is just the amateur league I am pretty sure that LION wouldn t postpone their game (and are within their rights to do so). So its not just one entity that is holding this game back. I could be wrong but thats my udersatnding of it.

Im pretty sure we were in a similar situation a few season back. We had a cup game on Friday night and league on sunday, DOWNS wouldnt postpone for us. Do you think we have short memories?? Anyhow, you guys have a big enough squad to play two games in two days.

Look forward to playing a fired up downs this week should be good.

jimbo
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jimbo »

Once again the Amateur league living up to it's title - AMATEUR!

downsboynow
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by downsboynow »

Redders, are you one of these people that talk the talk to make yourself feel good? Try and walk the walk for once....

nico
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by nico »

Wanderers have an Amateur Cup game vs Pontian on Sunday 16th and I have been advised by the league that we are able to re-schedule our fixture from the Saturday 15th vs Gryphons as cup commitments have precedence.

Is this not the case with the Fed cup?

If not surely it should be given the standing of that competition, given that not that many Amateur clubs progress so far.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

downsboynow wrote:Redders, are you one of these people that talk the talk to make yourself feel good? Try and walk the walk for once....
What are u having ago at me for???
Last edited by Redders on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

downsboynow wrote:Redders, are you one of these people that talk the talk to make yourself feel good? Try and walk the walk for once....
:?: What did he say to suggest that?

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

???? Im quite confused

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

Redders wrote:
Golden EAGLE wrote:I dont think it is just the amateur league I am pretty sure that LION wouldn t postpone their game (and are within their rights to do so). So its not just one entity that is holding this game back. I could be wrong but thats my udersatnding of it.

Im pretty sure we were in a similar situation a few season back. We had a cup game on Friday night and league on sunday, DOWNS wouldnt postpone for us. Do you think we have short memories?? Anyhow, you guys have a big enough squad to play two games in two days.

thats total bollox..... and your not pretty, a bit girlie maybe.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

shaunwright-phillips wrote:
Redders wrote:

thats total bollox..... and your not pretty, a bit girlie maybe.
Oh cry me a river, this is what people at the club have told me. Its not our problem its yours. I wanted to see you guys play Galaxy its just unfortunate you guys threw the towel in. Dont come on here and throw your little hissy fits at me, i can sense your all abit emotional about the situation.

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

maybe this will clear things up. DOWNS WERE GIVEN TWO OPTIONS ONLY. Play galaxy on the 1st July and Lion on the 2nd July, or play Lion on the 21st July and then play current div 1 champions AV Metro on the 23rd July. You make your own minds up. We prioritised and dropped the game that would matter least. Lion offered us the 21st only, when they play easy beats Royal Park on the 23rd. We offered to play a catch up game later in the season but were told no by the league. The league prioritised so we prioritised.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

marooned wrote:maybe this will clear things up. DOWNS WERE GIVEN TWO OPTIONS ONLY. Play galaxy on the 1st July and Lion on the 2nd July, or play Lion on the 21st July and then play current div 1 champions AV Metro on the 23rd July. You make your own minds up. We prioritised and dropped the game that would matter least. Lion offered us the 21st only, when they play easy beats Royal Park on the 23rd. We offered to play a catch up game later in the season but were told no by the league. The league prioritised so we prioritised.
Thanks for clearing that up. I honsetly wanted to see u guys play the Galaxy, to compare the Amatuer Leagues best team against a strong Super League team. Galaxy had 4 weeks off I dont understand why the game couldnt be moved to Wednesday night or something like that.