Results - 17/18 June 2006

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Results - 17/18 June 2006

Post by Rob Lozza »

Saturday Division 1 (Reserves in brackets):
BOSA 2 Sturt Marion 0 (10-0)
Stirling 8 Modbury Jets 5 (?-?)
Cove 2 Gleeson 1 (7-1)
St Peter's 4 University 0 (3-0)
Comets 1 Old Ignatians' 2 (0-1)

Saturday Division 4:
University 3 Old Ignatians' (2) 4
Stirling ? Strathalbyn ?
Cove 1 Hahndorf 1
St Peter's 5 Monarchs 0
Old Ignatians' (1) bye

mooks1304
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mooks1304 »

Saturday Division 2

Hahndorf v Adelaide 3-3 (1-2)
Sth Breakers v Gryphons 1-2 (0-6)
Cougars v Adelaide Uni 9-4 (2-2)
Flat Caps And False Nines. A Football Blog.
www.flatcapsandfalsenines.com

john dada

Post by john dada »

A.V Metro V N.A.B

A's 2-0

B's 12-3

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Athelstone v Central City Tigers

A: 8-0
B: 5-3

thierry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by thierry »

a's:
doons 2-1 inter

scorers:

downs:
kelly(?), taylor

inter:
who knows who cares
---------------------------------------------------------------------

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Fulham A 1 West Beach A 1

Have to say that Fulham played well and should have run up a cricket score, game was played in good manner well done both sides.

Fulham B 3 West Beach 1

Good game to watch again played in good spirit, although three injuries to the Fulham side in the 1st half may come back to haunt us.

Games were played at West Beach.

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

A's Vista 1 Farm 0
B's Vista 2 Farm 4
Last edited by Football_lad on Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

vista's a's played like we all know they can.though not a huge scoring game vista deserved the win. we wanted the result and this is the type of performance that i expect for the rest of the season.for once vista had 11 players all working hard for eachother.full credit to those on the park.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Great win for Modbury Vista today after being comprehensively beaten last week by Ingle Farm (albeit with a completely different line-up). The response today was great to see.

TEFLON
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by TEFLON »

A'S KNIGHTS 2 - PHE 2

B'S KNIGHTS 2 - PHE 0
"WITH TEFLON, NOTHING STICKS"

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

avenell_road wrote:Great win for Modbury Vista today after being comprehensively beaten last week by Ingle Farm (albeit with a completely different line-up). The response today was great to see.
Different coach aswell....!???!

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

[quote]

GULLIES A'S 2 RAPTORS 0
GULLIES B'S 3 RAPTORS 2

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Happy Kopite wrote:
avenell_road wrote:Great win for Modbury Vista today after being comprehensively beaten last week by Ingle Farm (albeit with a completely different line-up). The response today was great to see.
well said does that mean you take the credit for last week and i'll take the credit for this week.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Macedonia 3 Limnos 1

Apparently we were supposed to get pumped 5-0 or something?? Its a bit hard to score 5 goals when u dont even have 5 shots on goal

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

A's PHW 1-0 Florina

B's PHW 2-2 Florina

C's PHW 5-0 Florina

LION
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LION »

Good game between Limnos and Maso's, however we just got on top in the midfield! Hey Quality23 great back heal mate! :D Lucky i was there to make it look better!

LIMNOS 1 - MACEDONIA 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

BULLDOG wrote:
Happy Kopite wrote:
well said does that mean you take the credit for last week and i'll take the credit for this week.
Well the game plan worked perfectly. Make them think we're shite in the first game and then surprise them in the league game. I think I played my role perfectly.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

haha it was QUALITY mate.......well played by the boys n just glad we got another result :wink:

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Happy Kopite wrote:
BULLDOG wrote:
Happy Kopite wrote:
Well the game plan worked perfectly. Make them think we're shite in the first game and then surprise them in the league game. I think I played my role perfectly.
oh i see i didn,t see it that way.well done then coach.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Fulham A's 1-1 with west Beach and as said before here Fulham had the chances but it was not to be.

Fulham B's another solid win.

Gamoto mouni
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gamoto mouni »

Limnos A's 1 - Macedonia A's 3
Limnos B's 4 - Macedonia B's 1
Ingle Farm C's 2 - Limnos C's 2

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

WELL DONE MOD VISTA... TOO GOOD FOR FARM TODAY.

SAD RESULT FOR OUR 1ST TEAM AGAIN

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

Downs 2 Inter 1
Last edited by marooned on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

You dont have to take any of this cabernet mate. Just take your $50 match payment and stick it up your savignon blanc!! How great is Div 1 when the top team smashed the bottom 8-0?? Obviously great for the top team, not that interesting for anyone else!

You're obviously are a fabulous player yourself?? Did you miss your big chance of playing overseas and have now settled on a fabulous career in amateur div 1??

Good luck to ya buddy... :wink:

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

marooned wrote:how much off this crappy div 2 cabernet does one have to put up with, you are all pretenders with three half decent players, and six fill ins, two that should be playin thirds and a keeper slash centre forward you all think you got at chance at coming somewhere in div 1. come on . get with it , talk about your social events and your dreams , but unless you can put eleven quality players on the park week in and out for 18 weeks forget it . bring on wanderers in the cup we will show you the difference between div 1 sunday and the sat pretenders. I do think that knobheads from div 2 that think they are in a league of there own and will come down to earth with a thud if they ever get the chance to play a quality div 1 side mid season. Downs are all quality players with eleven quality back up players that can turn it on week in week out. When bottom teams in div 2 beat top teams in div two it tells you that one player out makes a huge difference to a team. nuff sed. Any team that wants to move forward with limited resources should snap up Marty Craig from Macos. he can sow a silk purse from a cows ear. by far the best coach outside Div 1.
Yes mate Div 1 Sunday is the Ultimate league in amateur football.

Go and play a superleague side and then report back here on how great your first 11 performed. In fact you are that good, should be on SBS right now.

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

Thanks Fraffe mate, funny you should mention that but your dead set right and the downs "are" playing a ''super league" team on July 1 at Adelaide Galaxy. Even if you love or hate the Downs. we dont care, just come and support the amateur league heavyweight vs sons of birkalla. Understand Downslow man may make a guest appearance on that day. Two Nigerian Imports will make their first appearance for the Downs. Interesting to see if Galaxy back eight can handle the speed of these two sprinters. If anything it beats going to the footy. got to go game about to start me thinks Brasil by one dubious penalty.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

marooned wrote:Thanks Fraffe mate, funny you should mention that but your dead set right and the downs "are" playing a ''super league" team on July 1 at Adelaide Galaxy. Even if you love or hate the Downs. we dont care, just come and support the amateur league heavyweight vs sons of birkalla. Understand Downslow man may make a guest appearance on that day. Two Nigerian Imports will make their first appearance for the Downs. Interesting to see if Galaxy back eight can handle the speed of these two sprinters. If anything it beats going to the footy. got to go game about to start me thinks Brasil by one dubious penalty.
Thats wild, pity I can't make it to watch all the talent. Nevertheless I might get to watch the downs on SBS one day.

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

frappe ur a mug!

Plonker
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Plonker »

Interesting comments from the Vista lads on the forum. Not to harp on the game, Vista had one shot on goal from a free kick which they scored and that really was it. The Farm keeper didn't have to make a crucial save for the rest of the game.

I don't think it came down to Vista playing better than the Farm but more that the Farm not taking there dozen or more chances.

Vista defended there lead well, there keeper was sensational, they learned from there mistakes the week before and came away with the result. Leagues games are about getting the points, no matter how good or bad you play, and Vista did. Well done to the lads, you may not be the most skilful side but your well drilled and have a never say die attitude they other team came learn from. They certainly can walk away from the Farm game with there chins up, all the best for the rest of the season.

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Brown paper bag crew »

A's Para Hills 0 Brahma 4
B's Para Hills 2 Brahma 4
C's Para Hills 0 Celts 2