pontians

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

pontian mickmah
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

pontians

Post by pontian mickmah »

will the pontians go through undefeated this year?

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

maybe they will godd result on sunday as I think teams are more motivated to try and beat us as we are on top with no losses.

Are you mickmah connected with the club?

pontian mickmah
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

yes are you golden eagle

mcean
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mcean »

ive been watching the ponts for a few weeks now and i feel that there A side is pretty good but their keeper is a bit of a showpony,,, :roll:

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Yes mickmah I have a connection with the club and I agree with mcean the A side is pretty good as for their keeper being a showpony, well, I would say more that he is a character. As with anyone that is a bit more out there than the norm some will like others dont.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

I enjoyed playing against the pontians goalie

He made a couple of great saves against us.
He was copping a lot of stick from our supporters, but he was giving it right back

Twas all in good fun

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

@ golden eagle

you seem to be defending the goalie a bit. you dont know him do you????? :wink: :wink: :wink:

PECKER02
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by PECKER02 »

we will c if there that good this week when they go down to the GROVE

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

PECKER02 wrote:we will c if there that good this week when they go down to the GROVE
Nah that won't tell us much, we will have to wait until they are confronted with a real test rather than a team that got comprehensively beaten by Greenock. :D

Lebowski
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Lebowski »

I reckon the gullies will be the team to topple Pontian.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Pontians, although they are getting very confident... almost too confident, they will kill the Grove this week in the cup.

If Pontians go through the season with 100% record.... what does that say about div.3 teams?

PECKER02
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by PECKER02 »

dont underestimate the grove..pontian may be good but the grove wil put up a fight

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

@ Mega Bonus
@ golden eagle

you seem to be defending the goalie a bit. you dont know him do you?????

Of course I do, I am involved with the club.

And as for Pecker02 and Lebowski, the Pontians should beat the Grove but as we know this is a cup game and upsets happen, look at athelstone beating West beach, in saying that I am predicting another win for the flying eagles and quite possibly another clean sheet.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

If we (Grove) can play like we were at the start of the season we'll have agood chance. If we play like we have the last couple of weeks we will be in trouble. I don't like Pontian's chance of keeping a clean sheet though.
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

PECKER02
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by PECKER02 »

I find it hard to believe that pontian will keep the grove to a clean sheet. The grove have 3 players in the top 5 leading goal scorers in our league it will be hard to stop all of these players. Were in the other hand pontian only have the one outstanding striker.

but i could be wrong

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

PECKER02 wrote:I find it hard to believe that pontian will keep the grove to a clean sheet. The grove have 3 players in the top 5 leading goal scorers in our league it will be hard to stop all of these players. Were in the other hand pontian only have the one outstanding striker.

but i could be wrong
And you should be able to do a job on him Pecker02 8)
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

PECKER02
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by PECKER02 »

The grove defence is very strong and should be able to keep up to the challenge of the pontian offence

pontian mickmah
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

i think the game against grove will be a tight one i dont think many goals will be scored but i think there will be plenty of entertainment.

pontian mickmah
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

i think the defence of both teams are going to have a really hard time of it

PECKER02
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by PECKER02 »

well said..its going to be a good match and groves captain is back from suspension as well

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

We have a full strentgh team this week so hopefully we can stand up to the test. I'm looking forward to the game it has the potential to be a cracker.
- Paolo Di Canio

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

i think your stoppers will be playing out of position if they try to pick up our leading goal scorer. Boys, like the crows, we share our goals around you might notice that there are about 5 to 6 players that have scored 4 goals or more.

Look at the end of the day it should be a great game as for scoring against yeah you might but to score a winning scorline.... will just have to wait and see.

Good luck to both teams and may the best side on the day win.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Turned out to be a good game, both teams missed a lot of chances. Golden eagle missed a penalty :shock: . Grove had a couple of better penalty appeals than the one that was awarded to Pontian turned down. In the end probably a fair result though. Pontian, you have a good side but a disappointing bar. I went in for a drink after the game to find you only sell V.B and west end drought.
- Paolo Di Canio

anfield road
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by anfield road »

a game where both sides played some fantastic soccer and then patches where both struggled, pontian missed a penalty to make it 3 nil and in the second half could have paid for that miss as the grove had several good chances and 2 penalty appeals that would have been given by 99% of other referees. the grove keeper kept us in the game late on with a string of saves as the grove pushed forward. but in all a fair result and showed that we are good enough to take the step up to the next level.
I look at the great Liverpool Team. I think they won about eight League
Championships, and four European Cups. Compared to them I have done nothing
in the game" - Roy Keane

Azz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azz »

best of luck to the guy that injured his knee in the reserves game too, from what i was told he just came back from a knee recon. The keeper the reserves had played exceptionally well aswell.

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

maxin in the shade wrote:I enjoyed playing against the pontians goalie

He made a couple of great saves us.
He was copping a lot of stick from our supporters, but he was giving it right back

Twas all in good fun
Yes Maxi.....good keeper and made some really good saves against us........ BUT....if his head was any bigger he wouldn't fit through a door!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

maxin in the shade wrote:
I enjoyed playing against the pontians goalie

He made a couple of great saves us.

Twas all in good fun

Yes Maxi.....good keeper and made some really good saves against us........ BUT....if his head was any bigger he wouldn't fit through a door!!!!!

Hahahaha yeah I agree. :P