Cup Predictions - have a stab.

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Who do you think will win the cup?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:36 am

Downs
56%
Vale
6%
Inter
No votes
Para Hils East
25%
Metro Villa
6%
Parafield Gardens
6%

Total votes: 16

Cantona7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Cup Predictions - have a stab.

Post by Cantona7 »

Have a stab - some good games.

Pontian Eagles V Elizabeth Grove
Greenock Town V AV Metro
(S) Old Ignatians’ V Bosna
Macedonia Utd V Stirling District
Adelaide Pumas V Monarchs

Para Hills East V Para Hills West - Blockbuster.

(S) Adelaide Wanderers V Sturt Marion
Plympton Bulldogs V Bosa
Athelstone V Salisbury Florina
(S) St Peters Old Collegians V Strathalbyn
(S) Adelaide Cougars V Parafield Gardens
El Salvador V Tea Tree Gully City
Ingle Farm V Modbury Vista
USC Lion V Salisbury Inter
Elizabeth Downs V MA Hawks
Elizabeth Vale V Para Hills Lions

Some cracking games.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Pontian Eagles V Elizabeth Grove (2-3)
Greenock Town V AV Metro (0-4)
(S) Old Ignatians’ V Bosna (2-2)
Macedonia Utd V Stirling District (0-3)
Adelaide Pumas V Monarchs (1-1)

Para Hills East V Para Hills West - Blockbuster. (3-1)

(S) Adelaide Wanderers V Sturt Marion (4-1)
Plympton Bulldogs V Bosa (1-1)
Athelstone V Salisbury Florina (0-4)
(S) St Peters Old Collegians V Strathalbyn (2-3)
(S) Adelaide Cougars V Parafield Gardens (0-4)
El Salvador V Tea Tree Gully City (1-3)
Ingle Farm V Modbury Vista (1-2)
USC Lion V Salisbury Inter (3-1)
Elizabeth Downs V MA Hawks (6-0)
Elizabeth Vale V Para Hills Lions (3-0)

I like your thinking Mr Cantona we are possibly from the same club??

I have no idea on some of these teams and how they are performing. So most are a guess. Saturday teams usually have a good turn out for the cup, but not quite so this year. Some very entertaining games this round though. Be very interesting on Monday to find out all results.

Cantona7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Cantona7 »

I'm a supporter of the club at the moment.
But will one day wear the red and white.

Au Revior.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Eastboy I dont think Grove are going to get to close to Pontian, let laone beat them... Also thanks for the confidence in Athelstone, we are only going to lose by 4? I think we have a bit better chance than that, but obviously we have a very hard game and must play atour best just to keep up...

PECKER02
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by PECKER02 »

Greenock Town V AV Metro

Plympton Bulldogs V Bosa

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Greenock Town V AV Metro

Plympton Bulldogs V Bosa
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Well LFTWNG11 the cup is where all the upsets come through the year. People take the foot off the pedal in some of these "Easy" games and teams get surprised. The grove was a roughie, coz they r hard and will never die. Typical northern team spirit really. It will be a very tough game for you guys. I'm sure you'll hold your own out there. Confidence is the key in cup games. No matter who you play you must beleive you can win. Unless you really are shite?? :wink:

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

fairly biased poll mate regarding Para Hills East, cant see them getting that far, amazingly surprised that vista has been picked by many to win its game against farm, must be a good wagon to jump on then. Aren't you forgeting that Bosa won the cup last year and didn't loose a game and are not on the list, i am a bit confused!!. They are quality side from last yr i not sure about this year but you have to involve the previous winners as a threat!

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

One of the only games that couldn't go either way is Athelstone v Florina. Athelstone will be exposed for the div 5 team they are, will be an embarrassing day for Athelstone :oops: :oops:

Win or lose the Grove will be competitive, it won't be a hammering.
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

suprised to see people think that Div 4 Grove will beat Div 3 Pontians but yet Div 4 El Salvador to lose to Div 3 TTG. I would have thought the later game would have been closer to call than the grove Vs Pontian. Time will tell.

PECKER02
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by PECKER02 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Eastboy I dont think Grove are going to get to close to Pontian, let laone beat them...
Lftwng11 why are u against the grove beating pontian??
have you seen us play this season?? We have a very young fit squad this season with only 3 players over the age of 20 in the first team

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

having such a young side in amatuers doesn't help. Experience counts a lot more in amatuers than it does with say your state premier and super leagues. Obviously fitness helps but experience is a massive key element and having only 3 players over 20 one would assume that you running on pure fun and excitement than a knowledgable head

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Im not against Grove beating Pontians!! I actually hope they do!! Its just Pontian from what I have heard have been in pretty solid form, 100% record in div.3 and everyone is picking Grove when its seems they should be the underdogs as they are 4th in div.4... like I said I hope the underdogs win!!

That being said, obviously it is not as wide of a gap compared to us v Florina. Everyone should expect Florina to win, and well they might but everyone expected West Beach to embarass us, espeically after they defeated in a pre-season friendly 5-1... so I'm sure our boys will give a good account of themselves and therefore an embarassment wont be on the cards.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

sweet mate productions wrote:having such a young side in amatuers doesn't help. Experience counts a lot more in amatuers than it does with say your state premier and super leagues. Obviously fitness helps but experience is a massive key element and having only 3 players over 20 one would assume that you running on pure fun and excitement than a knowledgable head
Sweet mate, I agree to some extent with what you're saying, I think our lack of consistency is due to this. On the other hand when you've got seven quick and fit eighteen-nineteen year old kids all performing lower div teams can't handle the pace. The lads are gaining more experience every week though and we can only get stronger. Mark my words this is the start of the Grove resurgence :wink:
- Paolo Di Canio

getstuckin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by getstuckin »

left nut if u honestly think u are going to beat florina ure dreamin buddy,they are a very good side in div 1 and ure in lowly div 5 mate.just because u will romp div 5 in mate dont think u can cut it against div 1 teams.ure a dreamer buddy.not that i no but i dought that u would have many or actually no players that could get a game in florina's team.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Big DIV1 CUP game against Inter this week.

Nice to see some guys backing the LION :D

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

getstuckin wrote:left nut if u honestly think u are going to beat florina ure dreamin buddy,they are a very good side in div 1 and ure in lowly div 5 mate.just because u will romp div 5 in mate dont think u can cut it against div 1 teams.ure a dreamer buddy.not that i no but i dought that u would have many or actually no players that could get a game in florina's team.
Damn... getsucking I think if you go back and read my posts, I never actually said that I think we are going to beat Florina, I just said that I think we can be more competative than most people on here think. As well as the fact that all I have said on this post about Florina is that they are actually one of the best teams in the whole Amateur league and they have been unlucky this season as there position on the table is not where they deserve to be.

Obvisouly div.5 is a crap division to play in and because we don't play against good teams week in, week out well actaully not really at all, we have to make a huge step up when we play the div.1 and 2 side.

So relax buddy, take a minute, big deep breathe and go shiraz, yourself

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

I think everyone is forgetting this is the cup!! Upsets can happen and if you think they dont just look at previous years. Everyone is obviously going to talk up there team, but i would just say don't get too cocky. Although the standard in div 5 say compared to div 1 is a very, very big difference who the hell knows what can happen on the day. Everyone could be out gettting paro for the first games of the WC and rocks up feelin shite, (No difference to any other weekend for some).

As for the East. Yeah i think we are a shot for sure. We have been competing with the downs, gardens and the like for many years in div 1, so we know what its all about. Looking forward to playing a div 1 team again actually. Will be a test for both sides!!
Guessing that Westies have lost a few to the WC??

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

I reckon that given the fact that ENGLAND are playing saturday night there will be alot of sore heads for the cup round.i'd love to enforce the no drink policy for the vista boys but they wouldn't listen so if ya can't beat em join em.so on that basis i think there will be afew upset results...see ya all at the jets clubrooms.

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

Will I be allowed in with my Paraguay jersey :shock:

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:Will I be allowed in with my Paraguay jersey :shock:
for sure mate,bet your not the only Paraguayian in the modbury area.

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

There definitely won't be any Paraguayans left alive in the North East subiuurbs if England don't get the 3 points :D

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

East boy your exactly right!!

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Hey left wing.........you have DiCanio giving a nazi (right wing) salute as your avatar. A conflict of interest? :lol:

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:Hey left wing.........you have DiCanio giving a nazi (right wing) salute as your avatar. A conflict of interest? :lol:
That's not a Nazi salute, he was just waving to his family. Just as Bosnich did at White Hart Lane. Grandpa Adolf Bosnich was up there in the stands.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

o hes just celebrating a goal like nay normal Lazio ultra would....

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

el salv over gully? thats an interesting one!
and lads ill be there for a beer after our game against the vista boys!
which of you are playing and in which grade?

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

you'll find out on the day mate, no one knows but i've heard a big shake up due to recent results, the week after is the main game to watch
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Cantona7 wrote:I'm a supporter of the club at the moment.
But will one day wear the red and white.

Au Revior.
Cantona7, the prez was hoping to sign you and then fly to Cairns and sign the AWARA FLYER :wink: R.E.S.P.E.C.T

The Blue and White would look better. :D

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Im not against Grove beating Pontians!! I actually hope they do!! Its just Pontian from what I have heard have been in pretty solid form, 100% record in div.3 and everyone is picking Grove when its seems they should be the underdogs as they are 4th in div.4... like I said I hope the underdogs win!!

That being said, obviously it is not as wide of a gap compared to us v Florina. Everyone should expect Florina to win, and well they might but everyone expected West Beach to embarass us, espeically after they defeated in a pre-season friendly 5-1... so I'm sure our boys will give a good account of themselves and therefore an embarassment wont be on the cards.
cant believe you are still going on about the west beach game. DO NOT FORGET that our keeper threw the ball into the net. and in the second half dont think you got over the half way line. Florina will pump Athelston by atleast 7. Elliot will get 3 so will breton and even Steve mac might get one. Athelston will be way out of their depth