chelsea v brum

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

chelsea v brum

Post by Judge Judy »

chelsea could've had about 30 goals, but it's 2-2 after an absolute spanker from kapo
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

ForzaChievo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by ForzaChievo »

What a bottle of shiraz strike from Kapo.

El Pocho Lavezzi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by El Pocho Lavezzi »

can't believe its 2-2.. great game to watch though...

wright phillips is taking the piss

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

come on birmingham :lol:

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

3-2, 4 minutes into 2nd half, essien 3-2, keeper is shockin, two howlers from him

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

:evil: :evil:
come on birmingham

Ignite_10
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ignite_10 »

ahahaha chelsea
wat a joke!!!!
3-2 against birmingham imagine wat the other teams will do to them this season demolish them especially in champions league

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

cant beleive this game was only 3-2 and what a strike by KAPO
I speak nothing but the truth

CFC10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by CFC10 »

#10 Shqiptar wrote:ahahaha chelsea
wat a joke!!!!
3-2 against birmingham imagine wat the other teams will do to them this season demolish them especially in champions league
Did you even watch the game? Their attacking play was some of the best I've seen, absolutely fantastic, and both of Birmingham's goals came completely against the run of play. Johnson's defending for the second goal left much to be desired but the actual shot from Kapo was a freakin' rocket, nothing anyone could have done about it.

Liverpool last night were much more disappointing considering, though against better opposition in Villa, and United atm are bloody shocking to have not put anything on the board at half time despite spending almost a full 45 minutes in Reading's attacking half.

Chelsea will be fine this season, don't be kidding youself. As will both other teams I have mentioned. It's only the first game of the season, hell :P

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

We take the 3 points! Thats what counts. Also agree with CFC. Our attacking was brilliant last night. SWP had bottle of shiraz great game. Shame Kalou couldnt find the back of the net though.

Great to see the new player out there fitting in nicely too!

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

chelsea were exceptional going forward.

defensively terry will be a welcome inclusion however still a pretty fair back four who were unlucky to concede twice last night.

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

chelsea's attacking play was brilliant, brums 2 goals were against the run of play and the first goal was a fluke by forsell. he didnt even acknowledge it.

couple of notes

repeatedly swp and malouda got in behind the flanks and delivered telling crosses.
SWP - hope this performance helps his confidence, would be good to see him play better, maybe he has improved over the summer, time will tell
Pizarro was good, held the ball up well some nice touches, not a power forward like drogba but a good addition, dear i say looks better than shevchenko at the moment
malouda, great, ran at defenders with pace and crossed well
ben haim , ok, good in the air but the team needs Terry out the back to marshall the defence, something ben haim and carvallho dont do
Glen johnson, you can see why we are looking at a new right back
shame, going forward he is good but defending wise he needs improvement
Essien, if we are to win silverware this year he needs to play most of it in the midfield. awesome !

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

where was Paulo Ferreira?

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Totally agree!

That was some of the best attacking i have seen us play for quite some time, Birmingham's 1st goal was just a slice of luck but 2nd was just a rocket. It's a shame Johnson isn't a better defender otherwise he would be a great right back. His defensive game can be quite shocking really.

Man utd faltered at home, have lost Rooney now too. Liverpool didnt really show to much at this stage.

It is only the 1st game of the season & there is plenty of football to be played yet!

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

getborn wrote:where was Paulo Ferreira?
yeah, is he out of favour or is he injured?

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Slight injury!

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

strappineastie wrote:Totally agree!

That was some of the best attacking i have seen us play for quite some time, Birmingham's 1st goal was just a slice of luck but 2nd was just a rocket. It's a shame Johnson isn't a better defender otherwise he would be a great right back. His defensive game can be quite shocking really.

Man utd faltered at home, have lost Rooney now too. Liverpool didnt really show to much at this stage.

It is only the 1st game of the season & there is plenty of football to be played yet!

LOL wot?

damn its a shame zamora isnt a good striker

otherwise he'd be bagging them in

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

how did he go at portsmouth last year ?

also , saw the worst offside call in the first half, long ball by cole or lampard to solomon kaluo, he is a metre inside the last defender when the ball is kicked and he runs on to the pass, and is called offside
:x

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

themachine wrote:

how did he go at portsmouth last year ?

also , saw the worst offside call in the first half, long ball by cole or lampard to solomon kaluo, he is a metre inside the last defender when the ball is kicked and he runs on to the pass, and is called offside
:x
:roll:

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Forza Roma wrote:
makes a obvious change for johnson who was ok imo as was ben haim i thought.

whats the deal with Alex?

Kick Start
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kick Start »

getborn wrote:
Forza Roma wrote:
makes a obvious change for johnson who was ok imo as was ben haim i thought.

whats the deal with Alex?

did he play? i didnt get to watch the game unfortunatley...

i thought he was still having trouble with the whole work permit.
T.T.G 10 - 1 Para Hills West... :shock:

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Forza Roma wrote:

LOL wot?

otherwise he'd be bagging them in[/quote
]

What has zamora got to do with last nights game? & you honestly think johnson is a good player defensively?

Kick Start
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kick Start »

strappineastie wrote:
Forza Roma wrote:

LOL wot?

otherwise he'd be bagging them in[/quote
]

What has zamora got to do with last nights game? & you honestly think johnson is a good player defensively?
if he wasnt a good defender he wouldnt be playing for chelsea
T.T.G 10 - 1 Para Hills West... :shock:

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

LOL!

he is all we have at this stage, thats why he is playing. As soon as we get Dani Alves, ferriera will be our no.2 not johnson.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

SWP played really well

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Very lucky to win that game, the defence looks prone to make mistakes
Chelski need Terry back ASAP

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

SWP was chelseas best player i thought and terry coming back will be great for them glen johnson wasnt that bad but to win trophies they need someone else in there as right back i think
I speak nothing but the truth

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

diegom wrote:Very lucky to win that game, the defence looks prone to make mistakes

probably over exaggerating, deserved to win comfortably.

b'ham were probably luckier than chelsea.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

diegom wrote:Very lucky to win that game, the defence looks prone to make mistakes
lucky? :lol: !

CFC10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by CFC10 »

Agree that Johnson isn't a bad player at all, but his defending against the second goal could have been much better. I really don't think there was anything wrong with our defending last night, 2 goals to Birmingham really flatters them. Forssell didn't know too much about the first one, and the second came from a moment of absolute brilliance?

What can you do? We'll take the 3 points, deservedly so.