Arjen Robben signs for Real Madrid

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

DON HALA MADRID
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Arjen Robben signs for Real Madrid

Post by DON HALA MADRID »

ARJEN ROBBEN AND ROYSTON DRENTHE TO REAL MADRID

Real Madrid have complete the signing of Chelsea winger Arjen Robben, according to a Spanish radio report.

Robben, the 23-year-old Dutch international, has been linked all summer with a move to the Spanish champions, who failed in their bid to sign Germany captain Michael Ballack from the Premiership club.

Spanish station Cadena SER said Robben would be presented as a Real player tomorrow (Friday) along with Feyenoord defender Royston Drenthe, who had joined in a €14 million deal.

Robben has been at Chelsea since joining from PSV Eindhoven in 2004, scoring 19 goals in 104 appearances for the Stamford Bridge club.

Sources:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... ben109.xml

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=323224

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ov ... HD=holland

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/r ... 54326.html
ImageImage

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

if its true will be a great signing for madrid
I speak nothing but the truth

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

spanish radio report means nothing

wait till their official websites say so

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

thats why i said if its true
I speak nothing but the truth

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

heard drenthe has signed as for robben, im not so sure :?:

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

have read anything about robben signin yet

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

nuthin reported by any reliable sources as of yet. I'm thinking its nothing.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Arjen Robben signs for Real Madrid

Post by Le King »

Hala Madrid wrote:ARJEN ROBBEN AND ROYSTON DRENTHE TO REAL MADRID

Real Madrid have complete the signing of Chelsea winger Arjen Robben, according to a Spanish radio report.
gotta luv when they add that in

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

He aint gone yet!

Spanish radio station, what a joke! Official statements from clubs is the way to go when regarding transfers. I'll miss him if he does go but the amount of times he is injured we wont miss him that much & we will just buy Dani Alves for thr right back spot which is where we have severly lacked quality.

Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 181 »

strappineastie wrote:He aint gone yet!

Spanish radio station, what a joke! Official statements from clubs is the way to go when regarding transfers. I'll miss him if he does go but the amount of times he is injured we wont miss him that much & we will just buy Dani Alves for thr right back spot which is where we have severly lacked quality.
So chelsea have offically signed Alves???
wat about alex?

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

As far as i know Alex is just waiting on his medical & agreeing personal terms. Alves we are in the hunt for but it is all depending on Seville, they are wanting about 21 million pounds for him.

Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 181 »

if robben wants to leave, let him leave
with his transfer money we can buy alves and will be laughing

heard this from a guy at work...apparently robben was paid extra cash off the books last year, as a model for chelsea, he was to be in there 2007/08 catalouge
this was done to keep him happy as he felt he wasnt getting paid enough... and now chelsea are peeking as he wants to leave

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Oh look your right if he wants to leave then let him, i just hope he has as many injuries with madrid as he has done with us otherwise he will rip it up over there & it will be a loos for us. Alves will be a quality player for us & i am quite confident we will get him. Not quite sure of the extra payments off the books, its way to risky to go doing something like that.

Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 181 »

from wat ive been to told about the payments off the books, it isn't illegal as he is getting paid from the club for a club activity...but like i sed its from a guy at work...so i dunno how reliable his sources are lol

hopefully we do get alves, would be quality
aswell as alex for a bit of extra cover

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

I think you would find that it is written in their contracts that they will have to do things for the club, eg: Photo shoots ( apparell ), community programs, charity events etc.

Alex i think will be ok for cover but not much more i think, i am going only on what i have seen of him so far. Not the quickest. Alves would be brilliant, him & a.cole on each side, devastating!

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

Real Madrid has officially got Drenthe for 14 million euro, not a bad deal for feyenoord

However, Real have switched their attention from Robben to Sneijder of my beloved team. :twisted:

They will have to fork out 30 million if they want him.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Madrid have signed Robben in all but the i's dotted and t's crossed.

It's a done deal but chelsea won't sign until robben puts his request to leave in writing. This means chelsea don't have to give him 5% of the transfer fee.

DON HALA MADRID
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Sneijder can leave Ajax for 24m, that's the offer we've made in it looks like it'll go through (hopefully)

Alot of Madridsta's want either Van Der Vaart or Sneijder to sign, (my personal favourite being VDV) and one of them looks set to arrive...

Robben was set to travel to Madrid today, but thanks to none-other than Chelsea FC - his transfer's being delayed. - as i like to put it.

Drenthe will do great for us, 14m for 5 years.
ImageImage

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

Real bid 24mill but ajax have said thats not enough

real will put a higher bid in soon

fucksake :(

DON HALA MADRID
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Everything will be resolved with Sneijder before next Wednesday, because Ajax are threatening to play him in the CL game if a deal isn't reached- therefore ruining his chances of playing with Madrid in the CL this season.

As for Robben, I think Chelsea are waiting on Sevilla so they can buy Alves at the same time Robben leaves...
ImageImage

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

Real Madrid not getting Sneijder

Ajax made an ultimatum for Real to pay 30mill euro today

Real took their 24mill bid back

bahahaha @ not wanting to pay 6 million more

Sneijder staying at Ajax :)

DON HALA MADRID
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

:D great news

Now we can get Van Der Vaart

Drenthe will be presented on Monday, I'm expecting Robben to be presented on thursday/friday...
ImageImage

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

everyones happy :)

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

so Robben is in the process of leaving... and Alex is no confirmed as a signing..!!??

DON HALA MADRID
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Alex has been announced as a signing by Chelsea, he's their player now.

The Robben deal is still waiing to be completed due to Chelsea with Alves atm... Hopefully they can sort it out this week (well there gonna have to)

I'm still not sure that everything's 100% confirmed with Ajax, they feel that we might still be in for him and that Wesley will push for a move there (therefore agreeing to our $24m offer)

But our other option is VDV and hes shown interest in joining us, alot of madridsta's want him here aswell..

(definately don't want Sneijder and no Robben though.. alot of websites are claiming that)
ImageImage

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

rofl hala madrid

sneijder is a way better player than vdvaart...

DON HALA MADRID
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Current Update on the Robben situation - We're sticking to our 30m bid for him but Cuntski want 40m because they want to buy Alves with it..

Keep an eye out this week, i have a feeling that something big will happen in the next 4 days...
ImageImage

CFC10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by CFC10 »

The more I see Malouda play the less I think Chelsea will miss Robben as a team, but it still sucks that he is likely to leave. Massive part of the Premiership winning teams, and awesome to watch take on defenses. Diving has gotten a bit out of hand though, sometimes embarrassing to watch as a Chelsea supporter. Might have been one of the reasons he's fallen out of favour.

Wish him well if he goes, but happy to see him stay too :P

DON HALA MADRID
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

UPDATED : (THURSDAY the 23rd)

Chelsea have agreed to sell Dutch winger Arjen Robben to Spanish champions Real Madrid, the London club said on Wednesday.

Real confirmed the agreement and said the 23-year-old would sign a five-year deal with the club after undergoing a medical.

Spanish media reported that the nine-times European champions would pay around 36 million euros for the player.

Robben had been stalling over signing a contract extension at Chelsea, even though his existing deal has two years to run.

The news of Robben's signing came just a few hours after Real announced they had agreed to buy Argentine defender Gabriel Heinze from Manchester United for a reported 12 million euros.

He becomes Real's eighth signing of the close season following defenders Heinze, Christoph Metzelder, Pepe, Dutch duo Wesley Sneijder and Royston Drenthe, Argentine striker Javier Saviola and former Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek.

With Ruud van Nistelrooy having signed for Real last season, Robben's signing brings the club's Dutch contingent to four.

(Official announcement from Madrid: Real Madrid CF and Chelsea FC have reached an agreement for the transfer of Arjen Robben to the Spanish Club. The Dutch player will sign a five-year contract with the Whites. The player still has to pass a medical exam)

Well, in the nicest way possible - I told you so..

Having Robben here is gonna be great, with Beckham gone he gives us that spark and could well prove to be a superstar player.

Welcome Robben
ImageImage

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

:D

I think he will do better in the Spanish league than in the EPL.

Hopefully stays injury free.