Asteras and MSSC Blue Eagles effectively promoted!

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Asteras and MSSC Blue Eagles effectively promoted!

Post by Aldo Serena »

I just found the following excerpt on the front page of the SAASL website:

6th August 2007
Abandoned Game Maiwand SC v Adelaide Asteras 26/7/2007
As a result of the meeting of the SAASL Management Committee held on Friday 3rd August 2007 covering the above fixture, that due to the fact that club Maiwand was unable to provide adequate measures to satisfy the Management Committee that the club could control its Players and Supporters it was therefore resolved that:

"the balance of fixtures with which this club were to be involved will be forfeited and that should the club decide to re-apply to continue in 2008 they will be subject to the new range of controls to be instituted on all clubs from season 2008 onwards".

With Northern Utd 7 points behind Asteras/MSSC Blue Eagles, both teams are effectively promoted (unless Asteras drops all four remaining games!)

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Furburger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Furburger »

Well done to both teams... By far the best 2 sides in Div 4.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

congrats furburger

if yous finish top, will that be Asteras' first title win?

The Spick.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Asteras and MSSC Blue Eagles effectively promoted!

Post by The Spick. »

Aldo Serena wrote:I just found the following excerpt on the front page of the SAASL website:

6th August 2007
Abandoned Game Maiwand SC v Adelaide Asteras 26/7/2007
As a result of the meeting of the SAASL Management Committee held on Friday 3rd August 2007 covering the above fixture, that due to the fact that club Maiwand was unable to provide adequate measures to satisfy the Management Committee that the club could control its Players and Supporters it was therefore resolved that:

"the balance of fixtures with which this club were to be involved will be forfeited and that should the club decide to re-apply to continue in 2008 they will be subject to the new range of controls to be instituted on all clubs from season 2008 onwards".

With Northern Utd 7 points behind Asteras/MSSC Blue Eagles, both teams are effectively promoted (unless Asteras drops all four remaining games!)
i personally think that there should of been another club that should of been looked at!!! if a club can not control there players and supporters then they should not be allowed in the saasl at all!!!
Talent wins chicks,
Teamwork wins port!

Furburger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Asteras and MSSC Blue Eagles effectively promoted!

Post by Furburger »

The Spick. wrote: i personally think that there should of been another club that should of been looked at!!! if a club can not control there players and supporters then they should not be allowed in the saasl at all!!!
Who do you mean?

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Furburger wrote:Well done to both teams... By far the best 2 sides in Div 4.
Thanks furburger - roll on Div 3!

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

TheKing#9
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TheKing#9 »

wait a minute...

if the result of our game stood at 3-0 like it did shouldn't i get the 3 goals i scored cos i think i should....if the result stands then the goals should count if it was a forfeit then it should be 2-0 and no goals for anyone....

only saying it because we have stitched up promotion now so its time for some personal glory hahahaha

u like that dont ya furburger

malone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by malone »

RtnMchn wrote:wait a minute...

if the result of our game stood at 3-0 like it did shouldn't i get the 3 goals i scored cos i think i should....if the result stands then the goals should count if it was a forfeit then it should be 2-0 and no goals for anyone....

only saying it because we have stitched up promotion now so its time for some personal glory hahahaha

u like that dont ya furburger
You have a good case there.

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

Congrats ABE and Asteras these teams were the standouts in div 4 from all the games I saw.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

zola wrote:Congrats ABE and Asteras these teams were the standouts in div 4 from all the games I saw.
wat about Athelstone?

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Well Done to both clubs especially to Blue Eagles who were a better side than what their results showed last year.