Results - May 27/28

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Results - May 27/28

Post by Rob Lozza »

Saturday Division 1 results (Reserves in brackets):
BOSA 7 Gleeson 0 (2-0)
Cove 2 Old Ignatians' 1 (0-1)
St Peter's 3 Comets 0 (3-1)
Stirling 4 University 2 (1-3)
Modbury 1 Sturt Marion 3 (0-1)

Saturday Division 4 results:
Cove 3 Old Ignatians' (1) 2
Old Ignatians' (2) 6 Strathalbyn 0
Stirling 10 Monarchs 1
University ? Hahndorf ?
St Peter's bye

mooks1304
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mooks1304 »

Sat Div 2
Uni v Hahndorf 1-2 (4-2)
Wanderers v MA Hawks 3-1 (?-?)
Flinders v Strathalbyn ?-? (?-?)
Adelaide Old Boys v Breakers ?-? (?-?)
Monarchs v Cougars ?-? (?-?)
Torrens Valley v Gryphons ?-? (?-?)

Sat Div 4
Uni v Hahndorf 3-3
Flat Caps And False Nines. A Football Blog.
www.flatcapsandfalsenines.com

mooks1304
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mooks1304 »

No-one's heard any others?
Flat Caps And False Nines. A Football Blog.
www.flatcapsandfalsenines.com

Forza Reggina
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Forza Reggina »

torrens vally v gryphons 2-4 (0-6)

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

Grove vs Seaford
A's 3-3
B's 4-2 to Grove

over 35's vs Mod Jets
3-3

howdy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by howdy »

PARA HILLS EAST 8 - Pumas 1
Para hills east B's 8 - pumas 0

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Athelstone were 15-1 up against Gawler before the game was called off because of a brawl with around 15 minutes left.

Athelstone B played a friendly against ourselves.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

A's USC LION 2-0 Av Metro
B's USC LION 0-2 Av Metro
C's USC LION 3-4 Av Metro

Great win by the boys..Metro played really well considering they went a man down at 1-0.

Ive also heard that VALE may have caused an upset. 1-0 at the Downs :shock:

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

florina 4 - NAB 2
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Knights v Modbury Vista

Reserves 1-2
First Team 1-1

We hit the cross bar 3 times had what looked like a good goal disallowed for offside and keeper had 2 great saves in the first team - athough only scored in the 88th minute. Had one player break his leg - not a bad challenge just one of those things

The number 17 - great player and can take a joke - some of their supporters were a bit dissapointing especially the chubby guy with the red top - when the game ends let it go - although they brought a bus and drank all day - good hard game with plenty of banter but when it's over it's over!

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

A's - Knights 1 Vista 1
B's - Knights 1 Vista 2

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Knight, we would have stayed longer if you guys had some food left. 2 pretty average games today. Thanks for letting me score mate!!

Interesting day. 1 ambulance and threats of calling the police on one of your own.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Yeah canteen closes pretty early and no problems your guys certainly drank enough from our bar! Now can you be honest (your coach was) your were lucky to get the draw?

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Are the Knights hard to beat down there or were Vista just ordinary? They may turn out to be two very important points to drop.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

limnos 0 west beach 7 :cry:
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

Moomoo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Moomoo »

LIMNOS 0 WEST BEACH 7 - A TEAM
LIMNOS 1 WEST BEACH 5 - B TEAM
LIMNOS 2 FULHAM 1 - C TEAM

NO EXCUSES FROM US
WE WERE WELL AND TRULY BEATEN BY A BETTER TEAM

DEFINETLY A BIG JUMP FROM DIV 3 TO DIV 2, THE TEAMS THIS YEAR ARE EXCELLENT.

THE ONE GOOD THING ABOUT OUR BOYS, DESPITE THE RECENT RESULTS
WE WILL GIVE AS GOOD AS WE CAN AND IF NOT GOOD ENOUGH, THEN THATS THE WAY IT IS. HOPEFULLY FULHAM HAS ABOUT 11 FIRST TEAM INJURIES ( 1 WEEK ONLY ) FROM NOW TILL NEXT SUNDAY...

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Knight7 wrote:Yeah canteen closes pretty early and no problems your guys certainly drank enough from our bar! Now can you be honest (your coach was) your were lucky to get the draw?
I thought the B's were pretty lucky to get a win. I think a draw was a fair enough result in the A's.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

unknown? wrote:limnos 0 west beach 7 :cry:
The coaches head might be on the choping board down there ;)

Who is the coach unknown? :P

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Knight7 wrote:Yeah canteen closes pretty early and no problems your guys certainly drank enough from our bar! Now can you be honest (your coach was) your were lucky to get the draw?
well no secret that the bulldog is the coach at modbury vista,and yes based on our game today were lucky to get the draw,the cross-bars did saves us.now this is a open forum to talk about football,a number of vista players often view this site,so with that in mind and honesty being the name of the game,it would go without saying that i am more that p---ed off at the way we played today.if the players on the park think that they are able to take the tittle out then they are sadly mistaken.as for the guy that broke his leg that is not a thing that anyone wants to happen but as you said accidents do happen. and as for the muppet in our crowd that is also something that i was not happy about and something that i tried to prevent(just ask your linesman).the knights are a team that will take points off the other end of the ladder.and unless the vista players learn to think for themselves we will always be the bridesmaids not the bride.simple as that.so if bagging them in here doesn't fire them up then as the coach i don't know what will.????????

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

A Team - Farm 3, Fulham 1
B Team - Farm 1 Fulham 0

Fulham had a man sent off with 5 mins to go - pretty dumb tackle !! Good luck Limnos next week

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

East 17 wrote:Are the Knights hard to beat down there or were Vista just ordinary? They may turn out to be two very important points to drop.
bad time for me to log on as i'm not in a good frame of mind, but the knights took the game to us and vista weren.t smart enough to hold on to the lead for another five minutes.can take nothing away from them they could of scored 3 had the metal work been smaller.if you won't the league you have to be good week in week out and were not, this is not just my view but that of most the a-team players , as coach some of the blame will lay with me but as a player of 10 years i know that i played week in week out with only one thing in mind and at the moment the a'team at vista lacks that mind set.harsh i know but if this works i'll be a legend if it doesn't i'll just be the coach that didn't get promoted.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

BULLDOG wrote:
East 17 wrote:Are the Knights hard to beat down there or were Vista just ordinary? They may turn out to be two very important points to drop.
bad time for me to log on as i'm not in a good frame of mind, but the knights took the game to us and vista weren.t smart enough to hold on to the lead for another five minutes.can take nothing away from them they could of scored 3 had the metal work been smaller.if you won't the league you have to be good week in week out and were not, this is not just my view but that of most the a-team players , as coach some of the blame will lay with me but as a player of 10 years i know that i played week in week out with only one thing in mind and at the moment the a'team at vista lacks that mind set.harsh i know but if this works i'll be a legend if it doesn't i'll just be the coach that didn't get promoted.
Bulldog, all the players are focussed and determined, at least as much as other teams at amateur level. The problem is decision making. We make the wrong decisions out on the park, for example, not playing easy balls when they're on and generally taking the wrong options. When you're 1-0 up with 15-20 mins to go you should be looking to keep possession and stretch the opposition, wearing them down and not allowing them to build up any momentum going forward. We continuously gave it back to them, even when not under any pressure.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

avenell_road wrote:
BULLDOG wrote:
Bulldog, all the players are focussed and determined, at least as much as other teams at amateur level. The problem is decision making. We make the wrong decisions out on the park, for example, not playing easy balls when they're on and generally taking the wrong options. When you're 1-0 up with 15-20 mins to go you should be looking to keep possession and stretch the opposition, wearing them down and not allowing them to build up any momentum going forward. We continuously gave it back to them, even when not under any pressure.
not all players mate as you well know,and not being able to do the things you have mentioned is the difference between going up a div and not.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Well you've won me Bulldog! Yes our Linesman did say you called that across and told them to shut that guy up. Yes we gave a bit but when he had a go at the poor guy with the stick well enough's enough! Sounds like the guy might not have broken his leg and here's hoping, last week we had 18 out some injured, some suspended, this week 14, so things are on the improve! Good luck and look forward o the return leg

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

oh yes east 17(great band by the way.....everybody in the house of love) 2 very very important points dropped which may in this tight league haunt us for evermore.great div to be in if one is not a player or a coach.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Knight7 wrote:Well you've won me Bulldog! Yes our Linesman did say you called that across and told them to shut that guy up. Yes we gave a bit but when he had a go at the poor guy with the stick well enough's enough! Sounds like the guy might not have broken his leg and here's hoping, last week we had 18 out some injured, some suspended, this week 14, so things are on the improve! Good luck and look forward o the return leg
good to hear about your player,we've broken one leg this year and don't want the tag of leg brakers over our heads.you have some good players in the side and you will be hard to beat at home once you regain your full squad,no disrespect to your guys but today was a huge blow for us, we should be able to hold the lead but we didn't and that's that. one for the ref i thought he did well and both linesman did well but not impressed by your player that punched our captain after the game but alsa i don't know the full story so it ends there. good luck boys for the year nice egg bacon sarnie.

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

A's Florina 4-2 NAB

B's Florina 12-1 NAB

C's Florina 1-1 NAB

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

Knight7 wrote:Knights v Modbury Vista

Reserves 1-2
First Team 1-1

We hit the cross bar 3 times had what looked like a good goal disallowed for offside and keeper had 2 great saves in the first team - athough only scored in the 88th minute. Had one player break his leg - not a bad challenge just one of those things

The number 17 - great player and can take a joke - some of their supporters were a bit dissapointing especially the chubby guy with the red top - when the game ends let it go - although they brought a bus and drank all day - good hard game with plenty of banter but when it's over it's over!

Knight 17 - As an injured Vista B player I would have to agree with you. I think we are very lucky to come away with a draw and a win. Your boys would have to be dissapointed.
You should never have let our sweeper nutmeg you for our first B goal :lol:
Your A team number 5 is a muppet though with his off the ball bull cabernet. He is sure to get cleaned up by the end of the season if he keeps that up.
As for the off the park entertainment - most of the banter was taken with good humour.....overall a good day although the football was of a crappy standard I thought.
I look forward to the return leg up our way - hopefully I will be able to play next time

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

So the word sh1t is substituted with cabernet in this forum. I wondered why I kept seeing that

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Robbo, have to say you had a bit of luck Fulham hit the bar twice and missed two open goals. The guy who was sent off deserved to go but he ran your midfield into the ground before going. The ref was shocking and made two calls which were wrong causing two goals one pen when your man was offside by a meter. The aftermatch celebration was disgusting why was that because you realised that you were lucky.