Ashes 21/22

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Ashes 21/22

Post by God is an Englishman »

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:48 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:43 pm
Bomber wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:24 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:29 am
Bomber wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:59 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:50 pm

Yes, previously.
All of history could be classified as 'previously' but we know that last time out it didn't happen, just like us winning a series over there.
And the last time here wasn't 5-0 either.
Didn't say it was.
Merely making my point that the 5-0 wasn't last time and neither was us winning them back.
so where is this barmy army advantage ? a decent team doesnt need yobs singing to help them
From what I've seen at australian cricket, the yobs normally turn up wearing yellow.

The army provide support which is invaluable, it helps take away the home ground support.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

lol both lots are yobs after a gutful of piss but you dont call off series just cos some cant get in to watch
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:21 pm lol both lots are yobs after a gutful of piss but you dont call off series just cos some cant get in to watch
100% agree with this. No way it should be cancelled just because some wont be able to be there.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:21 pm lol both lots are yobs after a gutful of piss but you dont call off series just cos some cant get in to watch
What makes the "barmy army" yobs?

I disagree, if you're not going to let people in (fans and family of players) then call it off as it becomes pointless.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:43 pm
100% agree with this. No way it should be cancelled just because some wont be able to be there.
Some? Practically the entire support of one country and their families Wouldn't happen in other countries.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:20 pm
Some? Practically the entire support of one country and their families Wouldn't happen in other countries.
As far as im aware nothing has been sorted out yet in regards to how many can come (family friends fans etc), so saying some is a reasonable statement to make.

No matter what the tournament should still be held.

Its irrelevant what other countries would or wouldn't do.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:49 pm
As far as im aware nothing has been sorted out yet in regards to how many can come (family friends fans etc), so saying some is a reasonable statement to make.

So far no oberseas fans are allowed in and none of the players families are allowed in. Some?

It's completely relevant, it's why cricket can take place in other countries but not in australia.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:43 pm

So far no oberseas fans are allowed in and none of the players families are allowed in. Some?

It's completely relevant, it's why cricket can take place in other countries but not in australia.
Yes some as previously explained.

Have the ashes been cancelled in Australia or other upcoming tournaments?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:26 pm

As previously stated. Some is not players entire families and almost the entire supporter base. Most would be a better word to use.

No, they haven't been cancelled YET. I believe England should refuse to tour if families fans and umpires are not allowed in. You certainly wouldn't want to play australia, in australia with solely Australian umpires.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:43 am

As previously stated. Some is not players entire families and almost the entire supporter base. Most would be a better word to use.

No, they haven't been cancelled YET. I believe England should refuse to tour if families fans and umpires are not allowed in. You certainly wouldn't want to play australia, in australia with solely Australian umpires.
Some is still a relevant word, despite your opinion.

Exactly nothing has been cancelled yet nor has things been decided of who is allowed etc, all just speculation. I did just hear that CA are wanting \ trying to get full crowds, whether that happens or not who knows.

Id think there would be plenty of English people who live in Australia who would turn up and support them as well..

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I think they should be allowed in if they follow certain protocols, but if they aren't and numbers are limited to locals, then aren't there enough expats who could do the "supporting"?
I remember watching test matches against the poms in the 70's and there was no barmy army but plenty of expats about. After all, we needed someone to throw our empty beers cups at when they went past the hill. 8)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:54 am

Exactly nothing has been cancelled yet nor has things been decided of who is allowed etc, all just speculation. I did just hear that CA are wanting \ trying to get full crowds, whether that happens or not who knows.

Id think there would be plenty of English people who live in Australia who would turn up and support them as well..

There will be SOME English people in the ground. However, MOST will be banned from entering.

I stand by my opinion that professional sport is pointless without fans.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:54 am I think they should be allowed in if they follow certain protocols, but if they aren't and numbers are limited to locals, then aren't there enough expats who could do the "supporting"?
I remember watching test matches against the poms in the 70's and there was no barmy army but plenty of expats about. After all, we needed someone to throw our empty beers cups at when they went past the hill. 8)
Ahh, the typical aussie cricket thugs.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:32 pm
Cooper wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:54 am

There will be SOME English people in the ground. However, MOST will be banned from entering.

I stand by my opinion that professional sport is pointless without fans.
As i said, its all just speculation at this point. Its a matter of opinion.

There will be tens of thousands if not more fans watching on TV around the world.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:33 pm
Bomber wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:54 am I think they should be allowed in if they follow certain protocols, but if they aren't and numbers are limited to locals, then aren't there enough expats who could do the "supporting"?
Yes, a few empty plastic cups.....oooohh, how naughty. In those days any time an english football team came to play, usually against our state team, the poms would wreck the trains, get arrested inside and outside the ground. Such well behaved gentlemen.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:48 pm

There will be tens of thousands if not more fans watching on TV around the world.
Yes, that's exactly the same. :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:11 pm
Yes, a few empty plastic cups.....oooohh, how naughty. In those days any time an english football team came to play, usually against our state team, the poms would wreck the trains, get arrested inside and outside the ground. Such well behaved gentlemen.
Football is not cricket.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:07 pm
Cooper wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:48 pm

Yes, that's exactly the same. :lol:
When did i say it was?

All you said was sport is pointless without fans, tens of thousands of fans will still be able to watch the Ashes.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:08 pm
Bomber wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:11 pm
Football is not cricket.
Poms are still poms.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:19 pm Poms are still poms.
Football is not cricket

Animosity
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Animosity »

I’m sure most poms living here would hope the games go ahead. You should want to attend regardless over o/s travellers. I sure hope it does otherwise my corporate tix are going to waste

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Post by God is an Englishman » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:52 pm
Bomber wrote: ↑Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:49 pm
Poms are still poms.
Football is not cricket

whats your point???

you forgot to use the word 'though'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:22 pm
Football is not cricket
i suppose those pommie blokes who ran on the ground at the waca and broke terry aldermans shoulder blade were nice fellas
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:42 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:22 pm
Football is not cricket
i suppose those pommie blokes who ran on the ground at the waca and broke terry aldermans shoulder blade were nice fellas
He broke his own shoulder blade.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:25 pm
Post by God is an Englishman » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:52 pm
Bomber wrote: ↑Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:49 pm
Poms are still poms.
Football is not cricket

whats your point???

you forgot to use the word 'though'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's a very simple point which I am sure you understand.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

very happy to hold others accountable but worms away when he doesnt like it.... :clap: :clap: :clap:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

MegaBonus wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:45 pm very happy to hold others accountable but worms away when he doesnt like it.... :clap: :clap: :clap:
Never have truer words been spoken lol

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:45 pm very happy to hold others accountable but worms away when he doesnt like it.... :clap: :clap: :clap:
What are you talking about?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:47 pm
Never have truer words been spoken lol
Are you two starting a slave convention?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

no...dont redirect...what your point????