EPL 20/21

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: EPL 20/21

Post by Victoria's Secret »

I hate to say this, but I completely agree with you.

I haven't seen the Evreton game though.

I dont like Mane/Salah/Kane/Pogba etc going over easily looking for penalties when touched, but they are all bad and I don't like singling out, Kane gets away with a lot as he is English (from the media). It's a stain on the game.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:02 am I hate to say this, but I completely agree with you.

I dont like Mane/Salah/Kane/Pogba etc going over easily looking for penalties when touched, but they are all bad and I don't like singling out, Kane gets away with a lot as he is English (from the media). It's a stain on the game.
I agree its a blight on the game but VAR has made it worst as the players know that by falling easy super slow VAR gives them a better chance of a penalty .

I have disagreed with VAR from day one and IMO hasn't improved the game or its look.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

This is why I can’t watch much EPL anymore, we are supposed to be grateful now when a millionaire doesn’t cheat ? Jesus what have we come to. I watch sport to see people compete, no other reason. Current officiating, along with VAR and the TVs tedious over analysis of every contact is taking the EPL away from anything I can relate to as a competitive sport. It’s not just in the box either, tactical squealing and going to ground is at epidemic levels all over the pitch. Can’t bear to watch arteta’s Arsenal for this reason, no interest in seeing knobheads like xhaka, lacazette & co carry on like absolute chardonnays in my shirt. Moyes’s West Ham can hold their heads high, I’ll still watch them and maybe the likes of Leeds & Fulham. The rest, no thanks

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

exaggerating is not cheating.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

That's debatable. Either way it's being a chardonnay and cheating the game.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Exaggerating is trying to influence the decision (rightly or wrongly).
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:04 pm Exaggerating is trying to influence the decision (rightly or wrongly).
Either way VAR has not improved player conduct if anything it encourages the exaggeration. As NOC says the slightest touch sees players flying through the air like they have been shot.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

ozzie owl wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:20 am
Champions at last wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:02 am I hate to say this, but I completely agree with you.

I agree its a blight on the game but VAR has made it worst as the players know that by falling easy super slow VAR gives them a better chance of a penalty .

I have disagreed with VAR from day one and IMO hasn't improved the game or its look.
i agree 100% let the ref do his job plus let him send off actors early in the game. then the coaches will stop it. QUICKSMART. :roll:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Liverpool have just recorded their 5th straight home league defeat , the first time in their history.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

ozzie owl wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:39 am Liverpool have just recorded their 5th straight home league defeat , the first time in their history.
Its what Liverpool are all about. Breaking records (in various forms) ;-)

Clearly a write off domestic season now
Ignore this signature

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Another VAR decision goes Liverpool's way. They must have shares in the process. Werner easily onside yet his arm partly in the grey area.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

crystal palace v man u im just glad nobody had to pay to watch,hopeless. in ancient rome they would have turned the lions loose. :thumbdown:

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

eagleboy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:10 am Another VAR decision goes Liverpool's way. They must have shares in the process. Werner easily onside yet his arm partly in the grey area.
As it did for the Scum v Fulham
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

eagleboy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:10 am Another VAR decision goes Liverpool's way. They must have shares in the process. Werner easily onside yet his arm partly in the grey area.
Not sure what you mean.

It was a ridiculous decision, just like many this season that have cost Liverpool.

We deservedly lost, but your trolling is appalling.

I am unsure why the handball wasn't given to Liverpool either (although I am not in favour of those ones being called, but the rules state it should have been)

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Is Klopp still struggling to force a smile through all the pain. I want to see the bit where he finally cracks

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

You have given up watching EPL as you keep saying, so are you asking for a friend? And how do you know about the Fulham match?

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

How do I know what about the Fulham match?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:11 am
As it did for the Scum v Fulham
Whilst I laughed when it was chalked off, it's got to be about the most ridiculous rule, or interpretation of it, ever.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

The Chelsea -Liverpool game was as boring as it can get.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

predrag wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:17 pm The Chelsea -Liverpool game was as boring as it can get.
Have read the BBC have questioned games between big clubs have become boring .

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55875197

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Clubs playing way to cautious,with that killing the game.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Cracking goal by Burnley :lol: :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:04 am Cracking goal by Burnley :lol: :lol:
Yes correct Cyril, yet let's be honest another cracking performance again by VAR!

Clear penalty not given - Pieters handball

in the words of the commentators
He must be blessed
Best buy a lottery ticket after the game
I'm done with VAR

then to overturn a red card / penalty in the last 5mins - correct decision, yet how you can decide that but don't give the 1st handball is crazy!!

VAR is lucky the pandemic is here cause if there was spectators at the games they would be getting smashed up...

The game is dead, ruined and will never return to way it used to be enjoyed by all
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

once teams played to win now they play not to lose. fifa must like it that way seeing as they have done nothing to stop it. coaches will stop it only when they are forced to do so. hopefully before they start conducting diving classes for kids. :thumbdown:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^ what are you on about?

the ave goals scored in games has increased (in the EPL anyway)...reasons below
  • no pass back to the keeper
  • the changes to the offside rule
  • harsh punishment of 'professional fouls
  • head to head victories count more than goal difference
  • away goals rule in knock out comps
  • 3 points for a win
and then you try and connect the idea that teams arent as attack minded with simulations?????
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:59 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:04 am Cracking goal by Burnley :lol: :lol:
Yes correct Cyril, yet let's be honest another cracking performance again by VAR!

Clear penalty not given - Pieters handball

in the words of the commentators
He must be blessed
Best buy a lottery ticket after the game
I'm done with VAR

then to overturn a red card / penalty in the last 5mins - correct decision, yet how you can decide that but don't give the 1st handball is crazy!!

VAR is lucky the pandemic is here cause if there was spectators at the games they would be getting smashed up...

The game is dead, ruined and will never return to way it used to be enjoyed by all
Haven't they changed the interpretation of handball by defenders since the Fulham v Spurs debacle which was obviously morally wrong? I honestly thought they had and that it would make sense, hand to ball is always handball, but ball to hand only in limited circumstances to be decided by the referee. Under those conditions it was never going to be handball and, as you say, the red card was correctly rescinded (under the new ridiculous 'sleeve' rule), so essentially VAR got the two big decisions correct, albeit that the red card one would have been handball under the old rules.

And I see you conveniently forget that Vydra was denied a penalty despite there obviously being contact. Not enough for me, but Salah would have been flying.

I agree entirely that VAR being there has completely shiraz the game, destroyed a ref's confidence in his own decisions and ruined the spectacle. It's not helped by the fuckwits at IFAB continually tinkering with Laws that have served us well for 150 years so that even the pros and the managers haven't got a bottle of shiraz clue what's what.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

And I see you conveniently forget that Vydra was denied a penalty despite there obviously being contact. Not enough for me, but Kane would have been flying and screaming and rolling around for 2 minutes.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Champions at last wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:34 pm
And I see you conveniently forget that Vydra was denied a penalty despite there obviously being contact. Not enough for me, but Kane would have been flying and screaming and rolling around for 2 minutes.
:lol: You're so funny. For a 12 year old. ;-)

Strangely, I think for the first time ever, I actually saw Salah try and stay on his feet in the Fulham game. Maybe he follows my FN posts?
Danny Blanchflower

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

theorakle wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:05 am crystal palace v man u im just glad nobody had to pay to watch,hopeless. in ancient rome they would have turned the lions loose. :thumbdown:
then they beat city 2 0 problem is that they all get paid far too much. at one time long past they were hungry to win every game. this applies to all teams nowadays. its a shame. its not the game i grew to love as a kid anymore. :roll:

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Champions at last wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:58 am You have given up watching EPL as you keep saying, so are you asking for a friend? And how do you know about the Fulham match?
Any write ups I can read on this weekends Fulham match. Cheers in advance