Adelaide United Keeper Quits Club

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Adelaide United Keeper Quits Club

Post by sportsbird »

Another one bites the dust.
Willacy was fed up with the treatment coming from the previous coach and has decided to quit. Congrats to Adelaide United coaching staff for the retention policy. Sorry they don't have one.
Thats what you get for telling your best goalkeeper in the state that he does not rate her and then belittles her in front of her team mates prior to season end. Good luck Willacy in your new endeavours. Now who will be next.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Adelaide United Keeper Quits Club

Post by juniorsupporter »

Nice spin.

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Riggles64 »

Sportsbird, whilst I sometimes read your posts with caution, this post is a tad confusing. It appears that the alleged incident you are referring to was for the 2019/2020 season and isn't the case now. Or are you saying that the GK has left NOW today this week this month and won't be playing for AUFC this season?

Spin or bad timing or a messy post?

I've just read on TWITTER that Sarah has departed. Sportsbird...YOU were right.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Well things aren't going right at Adelaide United as another goalie decides to move on.
Our future goalie has decided to quit as she is also not happy with the club.
Not good.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Riggles, Sportsbird normally gets part of it right. Sarah has left the club. Yes, that's true. It's the why that's a bit off. She's got aspirations to get into the Matilda's camp. In order to do that she needs to grow as a player. She's been at United for over five years. She needs a new challenge. Good for her. I don't know that it was solely because she was unhappy at the club, or even if she was unhappy at the club. Sportsbird has a thing about Adelaide United and will normally spin anything to blame the club and coaches.

And maybe the other keeper left because she just didn't want to do it. It's hard training 4-5 days/week plus gym sessions and everything else if you're not playing. You need to enjoy it or it's just a drag. Maybe she just wants to do something else with her time. Fair enough.

Players move on all the time. They make life decisions and have many different reasons for deciding to leave a club. Sportsbird would have us all believe that all the players are miserable and hate the coaching staff. I know for a fact that that's not true.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Riggles64 »

Interesting discussions on her however, it appears Sportsbird has probably stated the obvious or is privy to information from within the inner sanctum.

Anyway, I'd say Juniors comments are on point and yes, I'd say Sarah is looking for a change of scenery. Good time in her career to do this. I wish her well. As for the other keeper (Apologies I'm not in the know about the identity I agree that there are many reasons why someone elects not to participate and leaves. I'd have thought that such an opportunity at the W League level was a much sought after opportunity. For me, take it whilst you can because it may not come again.

Anyway, will the W League go ahead and or will it take the form of a State Championship sort of a comp ie located at one venue with multiple games being played over a short period of time?

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

maybe Sportsbird could be employed for Donald Trumps PR department
they way she can twist a story

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

This is what you get in a one team town. No choice. aufc have the monopoly on he w league in SA. If players had a real alternative in a team that commits to the w league team will aufc be the club of choice? Nothing has changed in the 10 or s years the w league has been a part (on and off) of aufc. I thought when the Mr GG sold the club to the other nameless consortium, that the aufc would fully commit to the w league outfit. Did not happen. The ethos of do little and expect the same result. No viable alternative in SA and the same old same old continues. Sportsbird maybe have an agenda however, no one has provided any information that disputes what he/she says, I suggest read her/his comments with an open mind and maybe then look at aufc and question their unacceptable and consistently poor efforts towards the aufc-w team.

One team town breeds ignorance and arrogance.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Just come in now that Willacy has signed with Melbourne City. Congrats on her appointment. Very sad to see her go as she is a remarkable and talented goalkeeper in SA and now we have lost her to Melbourne. Very disappointing to see her go.
If the program is as good as AU coaches say it is, then why did this not attract both Willacy and Evelyn to stay on?

On another note, did anyone attend the game last night AU vs Metro, Just wondering how it went as I was unable to make it.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

sportsbird wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:35 pm Just come in now that Willacy has signed with Melbourne City. Congrats on her appointment. Very sad to see her go as she is a remarkable and talented goalkeeper in SA and now we have lost her to Melbourne. Very disappointing to see her go.
If the program is as good as AU coaches say it is, then why did this not attract both Willacy and Evelyn to stay on?

On another note, did anyone attend the game last night AU vs Metro, Just wondering how it went as I was unable to make it.
No she hasn’t.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

paul merson wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:10 am
sportsbird wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:35 pm Just come in now that Willacy has signed with Melbourne City. Congrats on her appointment. Very sad to see her go as she is a remarkable and talented goalkeeper in SA and now we have lost her to Melbourne. Very disappointing to see her go.

No she hasn’t.
You're right Paul, Just found out today from a source at Adelaide United who had previously overheard one of the Coaches that Willacy has gone Western Sydney Wanderers.

Sometimes sources are wrong.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

The old "I wasn't wrong. My sources were wrong" play.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

Slinky_Pete wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:22 pm The old "I wasn't wrong. My sources were wrong" play.
It's almost like she made it up