EPL 2019-2020

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: EPL 2019-2020

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:The on pitch ref could make that mistake without having any technology, so what exactly is the point of VAR as currently used?
I agree NOC I thought it was supposed to correct clear and obvious errors ?
What we need is VAVAR to correct the errors of the VAR. :wink:
What we need is for VAR to be put on hold and and then referred to parliamentary review, sub-commission, royal commission then back to parliament , that should hold it up for at least ten years.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

ozzie owl wrote:How did VAR not issue a red card for Lo Celso stamp on Azpilicueta?
100%

Aubameyang was dismissed earlier this season for a similar challenge by the VAR, resulting in a 3 game suspension! VAR inconsistency highlighted again.
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

What we need is VAVAR to correct the errors of the VAR. :wink:[/quote]

What we need is for VAR to be put on hold and and then referred to parliamentary review, sub-commission, royal commission then back to parliament , that should hold it up for at least ten years.[/quote]

spot on. agree 100 %. the game is over sanitised these days. its not the great game the poms gave to the world anymore. let the refs do their job without holding up the game all the time like yankee football. give refs more power to red card actors, shirt pullers,spitters and clowns who go down untouched screaming as if shot. ive seen kids doing this and I hope that they are not being coached. I know im an old bloke now and the game I fell hopelessly in love with has gone forever. perhaps we should never have shared what we had. solution. give refs carte blanche to red card idiots early in the game. the coaches will soon stop the actors quicksmart when there is no benefit to them. this would then flow on to make the game MANLY again. lets face it we have very fast skillfull players these days but im afraid not all changes are for the better. we still need two teams trying to beat each other rather like playing not to lose. in fact the only thing that has not changed is its still only goals that count. ok folks that's my rant for the day, cheers. the oracle has spoken. :roll:

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Phew! That was close. I thought Liverpool would match Arsenal’s record of going a whole EPL season unbeaten.

The Invincibles of 2003/04 keep their record intact. Long may it stay so!

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

This makes me very glad also,i have too many friend who are Reds fans,now they can stop bragging,still what a season.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

The Premier League and EFL have announced that the English domestic leagues will be suspended until April 3 due to the Coronavirus outbreak, while England's matches against Italy and Denmark will no longer take place in March.
All FA Cup matches and the Barclays FA Women’s Super League and FA Women’s Championship will also stop play until the early April date.
Scotland has followed England in cancelling all football activities with immediate, including Sunday's Old Firm clash and five other fixtures across the weekend postponed.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

This is going to be a quiet thread for a while.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Trust a West Ham man to suggest this at this time.

West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady has called for the Premier League season to be made "null and void" should the remaining games have to be cancelled.

Football across the world has been ground to a halt due to the outbreak of coronavirus, with the Premier League and English Football League halted until at least April 3.

Top-tier clubs are due to convene for an emergency meeting on Thursday to discuss what happens next and Brady, whose club are in a relegation fight, suggested that she may support a move for the campaign to be scrapped.

"There is no dodging the possibility that all levels in the EFL as well as the Premier League will have to be cancelled and this season declared null and void because if the players can't play the games can't go ahead," she wrote in her column in The Sun.
"The Premier League hopes that an interlude of three weeks from now will enable it to restart but that may well be dreamland.

"Perhaps scrubbing the European Championship could provide more time to complete the season into the summer but that is also a giant 'if'.

"What if the league cannot be finished?

"As games in both the Premier League and in the EFL are affected, the only fair and reasonable thing to do is declare the whole season null and void.

"Who knows who would have gone down or come up if the games have not actually been played in full?

"A huge blow to Liverpool who might be robbed of their first title in 30 years."

Inoue Waka
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Inoue Waka »

I don't think Karren Brady is a man, and she used to be involved with Birmingham City.

Inoue Waka
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Inoue Waka »

If anything though, the season should be completed before embarking on a new one.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

That would be the only just outcome but am prepared to make an exception in this case bearing in mind Leeds and Liverpool’s current situation

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Just noticed a series starting on Netflix. TheOrakle and OM may have been there to witness it :D

The English Game

2020/21 SeasonDrama

Two 19th-century footballers on opposite sides of a class divide navigate professional and personal turmoil to change the game — and England — forever.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

eagleboy wrote:Just noticed a series starting on Netflix. TheOrakle and OM may have been there to witness it :D

The English Game

2020/21 SeasonDrama

Two 19th-century footballers on opposite sides of a class divide navigate professional and personal turmoil to change the game — and England — forever.

AH,the good old days when men were men and women were glad of it. :)

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Great to have the EPL back, unfortunately still had to sit there and watch the same ol muppets running around in a red and white shirt.. one in particular was only on the pitch for 25mins and had a huge influence in the outcome :crazy:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

haywood djablowme wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:24 am Great to have the EPL back, unfortunately still had to sit there and watch the same ol muppets running around in a red and white shirt.. one in particular was only on the pitch for 25mins and had a huge influence in the outcome :crazy:
Arsenal could virtually have treated this as a home fixture such was the lack of noise.

;-)
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:24 am Great to have the EPL back, unfortunately still had to sit there and watch the same ol muppets running around in a red and white shirt.. one in particular was only on the pitch for 25mins and had a huge influence in the outcome :crazy:
:lol: :lol: I'm sure, if I CBF to look, I could find a post where I said he was rubbish and a liability and all the Goons told me I didn't know what I was talking about, I mean, he's a Brazilian right, they can all play football?

Agree it's great to have it back.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

TBF you say everyone and everything is rubbish.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Just read that Villa are asking ManUre to pay $160 million+ for Grealish - he's not worth anywhere near that much IMO - perhaps $60 million but no more, he drifts in and out of the game too much for my liking.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:50 am

:lol: :lol: I'm sure, if I CBF to look, I could find a post where I said he was rubbish and a liability and all the Goons told me I didn't know what I was talking about, I mean, he's a Brazilian right, they can all play football?

Agree it's great to have it back.
Please don't Cyril, as I was one of them...

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Old Master wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:35 am Just read that Villa are asking ManUre to pay $160 million+ for Grealish - he's not worth anywhere near that much IMO - perhaps $60 million but no more, he drifts in and out of the game too much for my liking.
You are pretty out of touch though. You don't even have Optus to make a judgement?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

The Final Countdown wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:00 pm
Old Master wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:35 am Just read that Villa are asking ManUre to pay $160 million+ for Grealish - he's not worth anywhere near that much IMO - perhaps $60 million but no more, he drifts in and out of the game too much for my liking.
You are pretty out of touch though. You don't even have Optus to make a judgement?
As I've said before, I've got a Genius Mate who provides me with all the Football I need, including the EPL and Bundesliga, and it costs me nothing.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

So he gives you all 10 premier league games a week, what size USB/external disc?
You watch(ed) a-league on fox dont you?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

The Final Countdown wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:58 pm So he gives you all 10 premier league games a week, what size USB/external disc?
You watch(ed) a-league on fox dont you?
You know exactly what I get as I told you a long time ago, but I'll repeat it as you've obviously got a poor ,#memory.
My mate sends me all the games he knows I'll be interested in from all the leagues he also knows I'm interested in.
Does that answer your question or are you still refusing to believe it? :thumbdown:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

You didnt answer my questions!

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Touching Distance wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:32 pm You didnt answer my questions!
As I've told you before, my Genius Mate gets all the Football he sends me from the Internet, I don't know where or how he does it, but geniuses rarely explain their abilities, mainly because I wouldn't understand it anyway.

He sends me all the games he knows I'll be interested in, as we've discussed our mutual love of Football for many years, over thirty, and share many of our favourites.

If he thinks I may be interested in a particular match, he just rings me up and asks me, all matches are compressed in email form and he put a program on my computer that de-compresses them for me to watch via WiFi, OK?

I don't have Foxtel as I refuse to pay for adverts, I get all I want on Free-to-Air. :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

So, what does he give you the games on? And what size USB? What do you watch on? What did you do before he downloaded games? How many games a week? Does he come round every day?

You have mentioned watching A league live, how?

So much doesn't add up.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Champions at last wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:54 pm So, what does he give you the games on? And what size USB? What do you watch on? What did you do before he downloaded games? How many games a week? Does he come round every day?

You have mentioned watching A league live, how?

So much doesn't add up.
Are you having problems with your ability to understand what you are reading?

The answer to your question was clearly stated above, try and read it again and read what is written and not what you think it says.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:26 pm
ozzie owl wrote:How did VAR not issue a red card for Lo Celso stamp on Azpilicueta?
100%

Aubameyang was dismissed earlier this season for a similar challenge by the VAR, resulting in a 3 game suspension! VAR inconsistency highlighted again.
I hunted this post down to highlight again, after this mornings game, the inconsistent decisions being made with the use of the VAR system..

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:24 am
100%

I hunted this post down to highlight again, after this mornings game, the inconsistent decisions being made with the use of the VAR system..
You wouldn't have had to hunt too far since it was one of your own posts. :lol:

I take your point about the inconsistency, but you cannot blame that on VAR, they don't make those decisions they just inform the ref that he might have missed something and that he should look at the monitor. Refs have always been inconsistent, often even the same ref in a single game, that's why they get stick.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:51 pm
haywood djablowme wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:24 am
100%

You wouldn't have had to hunt too far since it was one of your own posts. :lol:

I take your point about the inconsistency, but you cannot blame that on VAR, they don't make those decisions they just inform the ref that he might have missed something and that he should look at the monitor. Refs have always been inconsistent, often even the same ref in a single game, that's why they get stick.
????????????