Adel Utd Coach to be Offered Further Contract Extension

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Adel Utd Coach to be Offered Further Contract Extension

Post by sportsbird »

It appears that Ivan will be offered a further 1 year extension on his contract. Well, I certainly will not be renewing my season ticket if he is head coach. This is absolutely ludicrous and appalling. This tells me a lot about the Adelaide United recruitment board. I just cant fathom or comprehend that a sporting club is offering a coach an extension on his contract after an disappointing season, especially sitting bottom of the ladder. Are these recruitment officers for real. Maybe they should look in the mirror. The current & past players do not respect him at all, they are to afraid to speak up in case of retribution and may never be given the opportunity again. Its about time for the board to get off the posterior and approach the past & current players and listen to them before the deal is done. I will guarantee the board will change their minds. If not, It will continue to be another step backwards for SA Football.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Adel Utd Coach to be Offered Further Contract Extension

Post by MegaBonus »

I certainly will not be renewing my season ticket if he is head coach.
youre not good at keeping promises....you once said you'll never post on here again.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

KRO
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by KRO »

This is where youre wrong Sportsbird.

Its not a sporting club.

AUFC is an accounting entity for a private overseas investment group. The W squad is virtue signalling of their commitment to diversity etc. Dont care whether win or lose. Just dont cost me to much.

Perhaps time for a club to get the W licence and give a cabernet about what happens on the field.

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

sportsbird wrote:It appears that Ivan will be offered a further 1 year extension on his contract. Well, I certainly will not be renewing my season ticket if he is head coach. This is absolutely ludicrous and appalling. This tells me a lot about the Adelaide United recruitment board. I just cant fathom or comprehend that a sporting club is offering a coach an extension on his contract after an disappointing season, especially sitting bottom of the ladder. Are these recruitment officers for real. Maybe they should look in the mirror. The current & past players do not respect him at all, they are to afraid to speak up in case of retribution and may never be given the opportunity again. Its about time for the board to get off the posterior and approach the past & current players and listen to them before the deal is done. I will guarantee the board will change their minds. If not, It will continue to be another step backwards for SA Football.
i agree, a joke, poor performance and poor technical development. mates rates

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

there is a word for that, when you keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

It’s so easy to hang the coach out to dry.

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

juniorsupporter wrote:It’s so easy to hang the coach out to dry.
Surely you can't be serious with a comment like this? The results this season of one win in eleven matches tells us it's been a disaster. :x

Btw 0 - 4 at H-T (Jets vs Victory match) giving us a slender hope at this stage we still may have an opportunity to avoid the wooden spoon

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

Great news if Ivan is re-appointed

One of the best coaches in SA.

It’s a pity that not many good players are coming to Adelaide or even coming out of Adelaides WNPL to make the team strong like back in the 90s.

Blame the development and recruiting system, not the coach.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:
youre not good at keeping promises....you once said you'll never post on here again.
:lol:

I didn't know the women's team offered season tickets. How much are they out of interest?
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Bomber wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:

I didn't know the women's team offered season tickets. How much are they out of interest?
$55 for the 19/20 season

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

We definitely overachieved last season but this year is a case of back to reality. The visa players definitely made a difference last season whereas this year many failed to live up to expectations.

Maybe it's team to look at an AUFC WNPL side so Ivan can work with the players year round?

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

I think if you look at the money and what input is given to adel utd women , Ivan couldn't do much more . don't take this the wrong way , but I think Adel utd really don't want women football , and several other A league clubs don't either , they get grants and that's all they want . no serious investment done . I could be wrong , but I believe I'm right .

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
$55 for the 19/20 season
So about 5 imperial pints of beer. Wow! One or two abstainers might see the team go broke. Best we take sportsbird more seriously for the sake of the team.
Ignore this signature

Adi
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Adi »

nathanburns15 wrote:We definitely overachieved last season but this year is a case of back to reality. The visa players definitely made a difference last season whereas this year many failed to live up to expectations.

Maybe it's team to look at an AUFC WNPL side so Ivan can work with the players year round?
Strongly disagree with this comment. There has been a fair bit of criticism about the quality of the local players which I believe is wrong when you compare with the other teams (especially those outside of the top 4). Ad Utd beat West Sydney (4th) and for whatever reason it was, showed that they are capable and have some decent quality. Some of the local girls are terribly underestimated and capable of so much more. I would argue that Ad Utd squad is a least comparable to Perth, Newcastle, Canberra & Brisbane and results against these teams should have been better. This is a good squad, it has a good coach and he operates under financial constraints that can affect preparation. Well, so do other W League teams. I think that given the comparable quality of this squad, a position much higher up the table should be expected.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Adi wrote:
nathanburns15 wrote:We definitely overachieved last season but this year is a case of back to reality. The visa players definitely made a difference last season whereas this year many failed to live up to expectations.

Strongly disagree with this comment. There has been a fair bit of criticism about the quality of the local players which I believe is wrong when you compare with the other teams (especially those outside of the top 4). Ad Utd beat West Sydney (4th) and for whatever reason it was, showed that they are capable and have some decent quality. Some of the local girls are terribly underestimated and capable of so much more. I would argue that Ad Utd squad is a least comparable to Perth, Newcastle, Canberra & Brisbane and results against these teams should have been better. This is a good squad, it has a good coach and he operates under financial constraints that can affect preparation. Well, so do other W League teams. I think that given the comparable quality of this squad, a position much higher up the table should be expected.
AU lacked someone to convert chances.
They created a heap in every games, but lacked the ability to take them.

They are a decent team with some good quality players.
The table has not told the whole story in my view.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

Adi wrote:

For me, essentially we have a squad of young (and no doubt talented) WNPL players topped up with visa players. Whereas the stronger clubs such as Sydney, Brisbane and the two Melbourne's have multiple Matildas in their squads. That is where the difference is.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Ivan is the only part-time coach in the league?

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

Adi wrote:

you play the talent correctly and not make excuses, telling the local players they aren't fast enough or not physical enough. yet they seem to perform when they come off the bench, meanwhile the imports didn't impact as they should, sorry but we keep repeating the same thing over and over.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Hi Nathan,

You comment as follows; "Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Ivan is the only part-time coach in the league?" Well Ivan chose to be part time as he did not want to commit full time. That's why he was given the coaching job and it saved money for Adelaide United. That's why you rarely see Ivan at WNPL matches. Ivan will not get Adelaide United to the next level, he cannot communicate effectively with his players as he is arrogant. Ivan is only interested in himself. Full stop. If he was genuinely interested in the women's game he would be a full time coach and be at every WNPL game. End of story.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

sportsbird wrote:Hi Nathan,

You comment as follows; "Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Ivan is the only part-time coach in the league?" Well Ivan chose to be part time as he did not want to commit full time. That's why he was given the coaching job and it saved money for Adelaide United. That's why you rarely see Ivan at WNPL matches. Ivan will not get Adelaide United to the next level, he cannot communicate effectively with his players as he is arrogant. Ivan is only interested in himself. Full stop. If he was genuinely interested in the women's game he would be a full time coach and be at every WNPL game. End of story.
I'm sorry but that is complete a lie.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

nathanburns15 wrote:

Why is it difficult for some of you to accept that Ivan and the coaching staff have been a failure. The facts are there. Yes there were games they should have won, but they didn't. This is the real world where we are all looking for success, to encourage more sponsorship, more supporters etc.
Some of you may believe he is one of the best coaches in SA which I disagree, has been a failure. Again the facts don't lie. Check the table, check his win loss ratio etc This is unacceptable. Time to move on.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

might have to do with the fact that your opinion isn't valued.....speak less listen more.....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

sportsbird wrote:
nathanburns15 wrote:

Why is it difficult for you to state your opinion without making up cabernet.

QuodUnusQuiPulsat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by QuodUnusQuiPulsat »

$55 for the 19/20 season[/quote]

That's about $55 too much

QuodUnusQuiPulsat
Apprentice
Apprentice

MegaBonus wrote:
And what a glorious time that was

QuodUnusQuiPulsat
Apprentice
Apprentice

AUFC Women's team is nothing but a novelty to keep female football fans in this state happy. The sooner people realise and accept it the better.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

We definitely will never accept that.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

JayCody wrote:AUFC Women's team is nothing but a novelty to keep female football fans in this state happy. The sooner people realise and accept it the better.

Jaycody, I think you are well off the mark and I agree with juniorsupporter, we cannot accept that.
What we need is more money injected into the women's club, full time quality coaching staff, current and potential players training together once at least once a week, significant improvement in junior development within the local clubs by introducing some sort of incentive by the FSA by rewarding clubs who are pro-active in quality training for Juniors.
I firmly believe an independent review should be conducted on the state of affairs of women's soccer and to make recommendation to improve the quality of players and clubs in SA.
I will start with two important issue that needs to be addressed immediately, the high coaching fees for gaining the A, B, C licence. Its just ludicrous the cost of these training. We need more coaches who will gain the knowledge & experience to pass onto our players but are unable to attend theses courses because it is way too expensive.
The other is male clubs sponging on women's soccer fees, sponsorship etc and then investing that money into their senior men's department. Needs to be fair on distributing the funds equally.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

I've also accepted that even the A League has fallen down the list with AFL-W taking its spot. This isn't a cheap shot at you however, the facts are that I haven't been to an A League game in 5 years. And even then it was an excruciating 90 minutes at Adelaide Oval. For mine Men's soccer at the highest can't put on a display that I'd be happy to attend. Soulless competition. At let with the W League you get honesty and commitment. Not a bunch of blokes thinking they're they're in the EPA. AFL-W above the A League? sure is.

JayCody wrote:AUFC Women's team is nothing but a novelty to keep female football fans in this state happy. The sooner people realise and accept it the better.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Hey Sportsbird. Excellent post and you raise a lot of things I've always supported and suggested needs doing. Again as I said in a another post, A League is a very poor and soulless competition> Standard is appalling and sadly W league teams will get Zero by way of support.

Look at the local WNPL/NPL set ups. The men's competition is supported mainly by the fees paid by the juniors and women. The overpaid players who play in the NPL and maybe State Leagues are getting paid overs. The clubs refuse in part to pay the women. even a pittance citing that "we can't support payment. The game doesn't generate enough income to pay the women!". My question, do the gate and bar takings on the day pay the payer payments for that day? The answer is a resounding NO.

We can bang on here but things will only change when the men's comp is sound. It isn't and sadly comments that the W league is a novelty will do little and is disrespectful to a group of players far more dedicated to the game than their male counterparts.

sportsbird wrote:

Jaycody, I think you are well off the mark and I agree with juniorsupporter, we cannot accept that.
What we need is more money injected into the women's club, full time quality coaching staff, current and potential players training together once at least once a week, significant improvement in junior development within the local clubs by introducing some sort of incentive by the FSA by rewarding clubs who are pro-active in quality training for Juniors.
I firmly believe an independent review should be conducted on the state of affairs of women's soccer and to make recommendation to improve the quality of players and clubs in SA.
I will start with two important issue that needs to be addressed immediately, the high coaching fees for gaining the A, B, C licence. Its just ludicrous the cost of these training. We need more coaches who will gain the knowledge & experience to pass onto our players but are unable to attend theses courses because it is way too expensive.
The other is male clubs sponging on women's soccer fees, sponsorship etc and then investing that money into their senior men's department. Needs to be fair on distributing the funds equally.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

This thread is getting quite hilarious on so many fronts.

Keep it up
Ignore this signature