Man City banned

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16830
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am

Man City banned

Post by Nice One Cyril »

UEFA have banned City for 2 seasons and fined them 30 million Euros for cheating on FFP.

They're going to appeal, but everyone knows they've cheated by inflating sponsorship values, all of which come from companies either part of, or connected to, their owners ADUG.
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 13973
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by The Isolated One »

Nice One Cyril wrote:UEFA have banned City for 2 seasons and fined them 30 million Euros for cheating on FFP.

They're going to appeal, but everyone knows they've cheated by inflating sponsorship values, all of which come from companies either part of, or connected to, their owners ADUG.
Appeal may get a year off?
Could help your mob

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16830
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am

Re: Man City banned

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Normal One. wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:UEFA have banned City for 2 seasons and fined them 30 million Euros for cheating on FFP.

They're going to appeal, but everyone knows they've cheated by inflating sponsorship values, all of which come from companies either part of, or connected to, their owners ADUG.
Appeal may get a year off?
Could help your mob
We need all the help we can get. C'mon UEFA, Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea and Sheffield United need investigating.
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55899
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Man City banned

Post by Bomber »

Same old Mancs, always cheating
Ignore this signature

User avatar
swannsong
Coach
Coach
Posts: 29991
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:15 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by swannsong »

Aren't Oasis the 'unoffical' Man City Band ?
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

thebeautifulgame
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 857
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Man City banned

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Bomber wrote:Same old Mancs, always cheating
Think you will find that your lot aren't as clean and pearly white as Klopp's teeth. :D

ozzie owl
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17932
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am

Re: Man City banned

Post by ozzie owl »

FFP was never designed to be about fairness.

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1841
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 4 times

Re: Man City banned

Post by eagleboy »

If Man City have breached UEFA FFP, chances are they have done something dodgy in the EPL. This story many have some more mileage in it yet.

MegaBonus
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7219
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by MegaBonus »

Man U to claim their 21st title before Liverpools this year......knocked off their bloody perch alright....

Mourinho knew exactly what he was saying when he claimed that Man U finishing 'second' to City in 2018 was his greatest achievement.....

thebeautifulgame
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 857
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Man City banned

Post by thebeautifulgame »

MegaBonus wrote:Man U to claim their 21st title before Liverpools this year......knocked off their bloody perch alright....

Mourinho knew exactly what he was saying when he claimed that Man U finishing 'second' to City in 2018 was his greatest achievement.....
Yes Mourinho would say that as he is a master of psychology. Does this mean when he 'bought the titles' for Chelsea that their opponents/managers who finished runners-up could say the same- I would hardly think so. Whether clubs 'buy' the title is irrelevant IMO as first simply means they are better than their opponents in any given season. Mourhinho knows this but will always try to deflect when it suits him.

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 13973
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by The Isolated One »

MegaBonus wrote:Man U to claim their 21st title before Liverpools this year......knocked off their bloody perch alright....

Mourinho knew exactly what he was saying when he claimed that Man U finishing 'second' to City in 2018 was his greatest achievement.....
I know you are joking, but typical one eyed fan forgetting Liverpool also win a title or two.

MegaBonus
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7219
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by MegaBonus »

Liverpoo don't win titles...they buy them....

most expensive GK in the world and the most expensive CB at the time....they are responsible for this ridiculous arms race....if Man U get over 100m for Pogba, we can thank Liverpool...

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55899
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Man City banned

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:Liverpoo don't win titles...they buy them....

most expensive GK in the world and the most expensive CB at the time....they are responsible for this ridiculous arms race....if Man U get over 100m for Pogba, we can thank Liverpool...
:lol:

Recent history not your strong point then (unless I missed the blue text)
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7219
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by MegaBonus »

youre very good at not addressing the point being made....

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 13973
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by The Isolated One »

MegaBonus wrote:youre very good at not addressing the point being made....
which is we sold Phil to fund them.

Look at Net Spend.

User avatar
Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:49 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by Raich Carter »

The Normal One. wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:youre very good at not addressing the point being made....
which is we sold Phil to fund them.

Look at Net Spend.
Net Spend?? You must be part Newcastle supporter, its all they go on about.
Image
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 13973
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by The Isolated One »

Raich Carter wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:youre very good at not addressing the point being made....
which is we sold Phil to fund them.

Look at Net Spend.
Net Spend?? You must be part Newcastle supporter, its all they go on about.
I hate it :-) but in this case it shows Mega is talking shite.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45007
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Man City banned

Post by God is an Englishman »

Typical UEFA, another example of them hating English teams.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55899
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Man City banned

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:youre very good at not addressing the point being made....
So Man U, Man C and Chelsea all won their trophies through junior development?
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7219
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by MegaBonus »

i would say than Man U would have the best record (compared to those clubs named) in regards to success via youth development.


no doubt this great Liverpool team have Barcelona to thank for their current squad make up. Will be interesting to see how long they can keep their squad for.

Firminio destined for Spain
VVD will follow Pep to Juventus

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45007
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Man City banned

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote:i would say than Man U would have the best record (compared to those clubs named) in regards to success via youth development.


no doubt this great Liverpool team have Barcelona to thank for their current squad make up. Will be interesting to see how long they can keep their squad for.

Firminio destined for Spain
VVD will follow Pep to Juventus

Man U had a lot of youth development, they also spent a lot of money.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55899
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Man City banned

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:i would say than Man U would have the best record (compared to those clubs named) in regards to success via youth development.


no doubt this great Liverpool team have Barcelona to thank for their current squad make up. Will be interesting to see how long they can keep their squad for.

Firminio destined for Spain
VVD will follow Pep to Juventus
If Barcelona want your contracted players, surely they have to compensate?

Yes, Man U have developed some, notably during the Fergie years. They also bought heavily during the same period.

Bottom line, it's not as though Liverpool are alone in the spend up stakes. They haven't won a league title for 30 years!
Ignore this signature

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 13973
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by The Isolated One »

Megabonus is playing football manager.
Last time I looked Pep was at City.

I am actually not sure he even knows what he is thinking.

MegaBonus
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7219
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by MegaBonus »

Pep wont stay at City if the 2 year ban is upheld
he has coached and won titles in Spain, England & Germany....of the top 4, that leaves Italy
he only coaches clubs that are title contenders
if he wins in Italy with Juve, he will be, arguably, the worlds greatest club coach
there are already rumblings that Juve will replace Sarri
Juve want VVD

2 + 2 = 4

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55899
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Man City banned

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:Pep wont stay at City if the 2 year ban is upheld
he has coached and won titles in Spain, England & Germany....of the top 4, that leaves Italy
he only coaches clubs that are title contenders
if he wins in Italy with Juve, he will be, arguably, the worlds greatest club coach
there are already rumblings that Juve will replace Sarri
Juve want VVD

2 + 2 = 4
That in itself gives thought that maybe he isn't that great after all. Whilst I don't blame him (going for top jobs only) one might never really know how good he is/was. Get him to manage Southampton, Eintracht Frankfurt, Valladolid or Parma - then you could really tell what he is capable of with a limited budget.

I reckon nearly anyone credentialed enough could coach Juve to a(nother) Serie A title with their budget
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7219
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by MegaBonus »

thus
arguably, the worlds greatest club coach

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 13973
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by The Isolated One »

He has so far failed to win the CL with City and the largest amount of money available.

If Klopp wins the league this season, I think there is no doubt he is the currnet world's best.
He has made LFC the European and World champions and last 34 games won 33 D1. He should become a PL winner too.
He topppled Bayern in Germany with little money too.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55899
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Man City banned

Post by Bomber »

The Normal One. wrote:He has so far failed to win the CL with City and the largest amount of money available.

If Klopp wins the league this season, I think there is no doubt he is the currnet world's best.
He has made LFC the European and World champions and last 34 games won 33 D1. He should become a PL winner too.
He topppled Bayern in Germany with little money too.

...and as much as he annoyed me, at least someone like Fergie did the almost unthinkable with Aberdeen to show what he could do with a relative minnow. Plus Man U weren't exactly setting the world on fire when he came on board at Old Trafford.
Ignore this signature

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 13973
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: Man City banned

Post by The Isolated One »

Bomber wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:He has so far failed to win the CL with City and the largest amount of money available.

If Klopp wins the league this season, I think there is no doubt he is the currnet world's best.
He has made LFC the European and World champions and last 34 games won 33 D1. He should become a PL winner too.
He topppled Bayern in Germany with little money too.

...and as much as he annoyed me, at least someone like Fergie did the almost unthinkable with Aberdeen to show what he could do with a relative minnow. Plus Man U weren't exactly setting the world on fire when he came on board at Old Trafford.
We need NOC or OM to help here, But Herbert Chapman was not bad either.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45007
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Man City banned

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:He has so far failed to win the CL with City and the largest amount of money available.

If Klopp wins the league this season, I think there is no doubt he is the currnet world's best.
He has made LFC the European and World champions and last 34 games won 33 D1. He should become a PL winner too.
He topppled Bayern in Germany with little money too.

...and as much as he annoyed me, at least someone like Fergie did the almost unthinkable with Aberdeen to show what he could do with a relative minnow. Plus Man U weren't exactly setting the world on fire when he came on board at Old Trafford.

Like he did with St Mirren?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

Post Reply