Not long before AUFC-W season ends

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Not long before AUFC-W season ends

Post by billy the kid »

Then what happens?

A- Clear the decks.

Put the local girls out to pasture for a long rest in WNPL.

And please. No more gold passes to NTC players. It's wrong and they're years away from playing at WNPL let alone W league.

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Not long before AUFC-W season ends

Post by In the way »

The last point you make is very valid.
One area where the game has changed over the years and young players are missing out, too much emphasis on recruiting all the best young players ,put them together in a team in hope they develop into top notch WNPL players.
Those young players are missing out by not playing alongside older experienced players.

Don't know how many years we have been trying the current system, is it time for a change ?
What young players need to do is play in teams alongside experienced senior players, who will educate the young players on the field, during game time, help them there and then, something a coach cannot do.
Good seeing some W League clubs bringing in some players as young as 15 year olds, who are then surrounded by senior players offering helpful advice, those young girls will learn a lot from the experience.

Galey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Galey »

Totally agree with you. I've been saying the same thing for a while and it doesn't just apply to the girls either.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

The W League is NOT a development tool used to validate the NTC program. What does validate the program is the integration of NTC players into the mainstream WNPL. Most would agree that the transition to WNPL from NTC is problematic. I could only imagine the huge STEP from NTC to W League.

I think that in a post late last year, it was inferred that the AUFC gained $$$$$$$ by having NTC players in their squad. With the latest signing I think it's true. And it's wrong. But hey. Business is business.

Wheres the Sportsbird in all of these discussions ??

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

billy the kid wrote:Then what happens?

A- Clear the decks.

And please. No more gold passes to NTC players. It's wrong and they're years away from playing at WNPL let alone W league.
Billy the kid, I agree with your comments, but not all the locals.
Firstly, the head coach needs to resign at season end. You cannot go from last week playing good football then collapsing the following week. This was a winnable game. Sure we lost Weber but Newcastle lost wheeler, both great players. It makes you wonder if Adelaide Utd played well last week or did Western Sydney played bad.
The lady reds starting XI from last week was the same this week. Cannot fathom the loss. It appears the coaching staff failed to respect the opposition team and consequently was given a valuable lesson.
Unfortunately, the wooden spoon is now looming and a sad way to end the season.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

sportsbird wrote:

A- Clear the decks.

Billy the kid, I agree with your comments, but not all the locals.
Firstly, the head coach needs to resign at season end. You cannot go from last week playing good football then collapsing the following week. This was a winnable game. Sure we lost Weber but Newcastle lost wheeler, both great players. It makes you wonder if Adelaide Utd played well last week or did Western Sydney played bad.
The lady reds starting XI from last week was the same this week. Cannot fathom the loss. It appears the coaching staff failed to respect the opposition team and consequently was given a valuable lesson.
Unfortunately, the wooden spoon is now looming and a sad way to end the season.
I can’t believe I just read that.

Bianconeri
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Bianconeri »

A- Clear the decks.

+1

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

billy the kid wrote:The W League is NOT a development tool used to validate the NTC program. What does validate the program is the integration of NTC players into the mainstream WNPL. Most would agree that the transition to WNPL from NTC is problematic. I could only imagine the huge STEP from NTC to W League.

I think that in a post late last year, it was inferred that the AUFC gained $$$$$$$ by having NTC players in their squad. With the latest signing I think it's true. And it's wrong. But hey. Business is business.

Wheres the Sportsbird in all of these discussions ??
I would not be surprised if you are correct about the money and that is where the problem lies - I would not be surprised if the FSA receive government funding to justify keeping the NTC program going, when an NTC player is selected to play for the W League .
Can someone enlighten me on the NTC in regards to, are the players chosen who are the best , or is the ones who can play and who can afford to attend the programme ? I am guessing it is not free to be part of the NTC.