Mourinho appointed Spurs Manager

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Mourinho appointed Spurs Manager

Post by ozzie owl »

The white buses have just been ordered.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Mourinho appointed Spurs Manager

Post by haywood djablowme »

Matic has already picked out his squad number :lol:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:Matic has already picked out his squad number :lol:
FFS, the one bloke I didn't want. It always amazes me that a club can find millions to pay out a contract, give a bigger contract to the successor and also find money for transfers for the successor, yet can't find a penny for the original manager in order to keep him. Having said that, Poch looked like he wanted out during last season, so it might not be Levy's fault entirely.

As for Maureen, The Tight One vs The Spending One should be an interesting dynamic. I can foresee a period of better results (not difficult) becoming more solid at the back and midfield, followed by a plateau, followed by a sacking and giant payoff. I can only hope I'm wrong.

Mourinho's at the wheel :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:Matic has already picked out his squad number :lol:
FFS, the one bloke I didn't want. It always amazes me that a club can find millions to pay out a contract, give a bigger contract to the successor and also find money for transfers for the successor, yet can't find a penny for the original manager in order to keep him. Having said that, Poch looked like he wanted out during last season, so it might not be Levy's fault entirely.

As for Maureen, The Tight One vs The Spending One should be an interesting dynamic. I can foresee a period of better results (not difficult) becoming more solid at the back and midfield, followed by a plateau, followed by a sacking and giant payoff. I can only hope I'm wrong.

Odds on him being the first manager to wreck the fourth official's VAR monitor?
Ignore this signature

General Tony Cash
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by General Tony Cash »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Summed up perfectly NOC...there might be a 'minor trophy' thrown in there of some sort, but it will ultimately end with the usual Mourinho dummy spit and sulk.

If the morons running United had half a football brain they'd grab Poch immediately...but we all know football is just an annoying distraction for them while trying to milk the profits out of their business venture.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

NOC Am I right in thinking it's one manager out of your last 15 who won anything, if so, Jose can be no worse than most of them!

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I wonder how 'Arry & Co will react to Mourinho's negative tactics, could there be an exodus of players in the next transfer window or next?
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Old Master wrote:I wonder how 'Arry & Co will react to Mourinho's negative tactics, could there be an exodus of players in the next transfer window or next?
As a supporter do you worry about tactics or Silverware. Give me the latter any day and if style comes into it, a bonus. Jose has a v.good record for silverware.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

eagleboy wrote:
Old Master wrote:I wonder how 'Arry & Co will react to Mourinho's negative tactics, could there be an exodus of players in the next transfer window or next?
As a supporter do you worry about tactics or Silverware. Give me the latter any day and if style comes into it, a bonus. Jose has a v.good record for silverware.

As a long time devotee of Football, I agree with your statement to a degree but I would still much rather my club play a decent brand of Football than a boring defensive one.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Haven't lost a game, since he took over!
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Deli Ali seems to have come back from the dead,what a player.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Still can't win at Old Trafford!
:lol:
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Michael wrote:Still can't win at Old Trafford!
mmm

A Michael original joke or stolen off someone's FB.....

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Last one Standing wrote:
Michael wrote:Still can't win at Old Trafford!
mmm

A Michael original joke or stolen off someone's FB.....

Sorry, I dint mean to steal your thunder!

Ps, what's FB?

realfootballman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by realfootballman »

Reading this article earlier, http://danthestatman.com/data/reaching-your-goals/

It has Tottenham vs Burnley over 2.5 goals, looks a good shout and especially when you consider Spurs have kept just one clean sheet this season.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

General Tony Cash wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Summed up perfectly NOC...there might be a 'minor trophy' thrown in there of some sort, but it will ultimately end with the usual Mourinho dummy spit and sulk.

If the morons running United had half a football brain they'd grab Poch immediately...but we all know football is just an annoying distraction for them while trying to milk the profits out of their business venture.
Even though he's won trophies everywhere, I sometimes wonder whether Mourinho has any bottle of shiraz idea about football or whether he's just been lucky. Any manager that can play Lucas Moura at centre forward and Son on the wing needs his head examined.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

General Tony Cash wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Even though he's won trophies everywhere, I sometimes wonder whether Mourinho has any bottle of shiraz idea about football or whether he's just been lucky. Any manager that can play Lucas Moura at centre forward and Son on the wing needs his head examined.
Danny Blanchflower