EPL 2019-2020

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

EPL 2019-2020

Post by Bomber »

This time! :wink:

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. Wolves
10. Newcastle
11. Southampton
12. West Ham
13. Norwich
14. Crystal Palace
15. Aston Villa
16. Watford
17. Bournemouth
18. Burnley
19. Sheffield Utd
20. Brighton
Ignore this signature

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Re: EPL 2019-2020

Post by Mr Red »

Very quite atm on the player transfer front for the EPL.

I wonder if Bale will head to the EPL?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Bomber wrote:This time! :wink:

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. Wolves
10. Newcastle
11. Southampton
12. West Ham
13. Norwich
14. Crystal Palace
15. Aston Villa
16. Watford
17. Bournemouth
18. Burnley
19. Sheffield Utd
20. Brighton

Interesting. As a Chelsea fan 3rd is unacceptable. Man U will drop. To much turmoil there. Newcastle will be relegated.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

eagleboy wrote:

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. Wolves
10. Newcastle
11. Southampton
12. West Ham
13. Norwich
14. Crystal Palace
15. Aston Villa
16. Watford
17. Bournemouth
18. Burnley
19. Sheffield Utd
20. Brighton

Interesting. As a Chelsea fan 3rd is unacceptable. Man U will drop. To much turmoil there. Newcastle will be relegated.

as a man u fan i would accept that. i hope ole will serve utd as well as a manager as he did as a player. i also think newcastle and sheffield will be ok. :)

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
eagleboy wrote:

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. Wolves
10. Newcastle
11. Southampton
12. West Ham
13. Norwich
14. Crystal Palace
15. Aston Villa
16. Watford
17. Bournemouth
18. Burnley
19. Sheffield Utd
20. Brighton

as a man u fan i would accept that. i hope ole will serve utd as well as a manager as he did as a player. i also think newcastle and sheffield will be ok. :)
You'd be the only Man U fan I know that would accept Liverpool coming top. :)
Ignore this signature

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

eagleboy wrote:

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. Wolves
10. Newcastle
11. Southampton
12. West Ham
13. Norwich
14. Crystal Palace
15. Aston Villa
16. Watford
17. Bournemouth
18. Burnley
19. Sheffield Utd
20. Brighton

Turmoil???
Once Pogba, Lukaku and Sanchez are gone, the team will be much more settled!
Liverpool will not finish above Man City, no-one will
Arsenal will push top 3, Chelsea will finish 5-6
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Interesting. As a Chelsea fan 3rd is unacceptable. Man U will drop. To much turmoil there. Newcastle will be relegated.[/quote]

as a man u fan i would accept that. i hope ole will serve utd as well as a manager as he did as a player. i also think newcastle and sheffield will be ok. :)[/quote]

You'd be the only Man U fan I know that would accept Liverpool coming top. :)[/quote]

iam a realist bomber. never want to see l/pool or man city over us but i have to accept reality. fourth would get us into europe which would be fantastic this year. ole has a big job to do,in my opinion he would be far better off without pogba,lukaku and sanchez. cheers. :)

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Happy Dayz being a Gooner ! Finally wiped away the Wenger cobwebs & had a very good transfer window.. out with some dead wood (not all of it, wait till next window) & invested well.

Wenger is not just to blame, Ivan G was just as bad. What they couldnt do in 10yrs, Raul has done it in 1yr. Raul & Edu have been instrumental in implementing change in way we operate off the park & if this window was anything to go by, I look forward to future windows & the season ahead

COYG :D
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:Happy Dayz being a Gooner ! Finally wiped away the Wenger cobwebs & had a very good transfer window.. out with some dead wood (not all of it, wait till next window) & invested well.

Wenger is not just to blame, Ivan G was just as bad. What they couldnt do in 10yrs, Raul has done it in 1yr. Raul & Edu have been instrumental in implementing change in way we operate off the park & if this window was anything to go by, I look forward to future windows & the season ahead

COYG :D
I suppose after the dross they've served up for the last few seasons, you're easily pleased. Pepe and Ceballos should be good, but European players often take a season to settle and Ceballos will be back in Madrid by then. Luiz is comical, but at least you didn't overpay, Tierney looks OK playing in the dominant team in the wankiest league and then there's a couple of nobodies. Against that you've lost your best defender (not saying much), your best midfielder and one of your best forwards. :wink:

Alright, Iwobi is average. :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Good start by Liverpool last night, the gauntlet has been thrown.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:Good start by Liverpool last night, the gauntlet has been thrown.

And Man City have responded with gusto.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Interesting game at OT. Chelsea without Hazard don't look particularly threatening, although they did control the first 15 minutes and the game could have been different if Abraham had scored instead of hitting the post. Defensively they were poor though and the scoreline was super flattering too United.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Well done Norwich :)
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:Well done Norwich :)
Otamendi is sooo bad that Pep is apparently looking at buying Sokratis from Arsenal. :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Watched the Leicester v Spurs match live. It turned on its head from Tottering taking a 2-0 lead when the second “goal” was reversed by VAR to an offside call on the slimmest of margins.

Not Nice Cyril will understandably probably want the term “benefit of the doubt to attackers” expunged from the Law 11 offside section now that VAR presides in England. Or will it remain in place to help countries without VAR?

Anyhow, Leicester went on to win 2-1. Vardy has still got it and their second goal was a beauty!

Also managed to stay up for the first half walloping by ManCity against Watford. They were truly magnificent.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:Not Nice Cyril will understandably probably want the term “benefit of the doubt to attackers” expunged from the Law 11 offside section now that VAR presides in England. Or will it remain in place to help countries without VAR?
There is no 'benefit of the doubt' with a computer, you're either onside or offside and the margin is irrelevant. Some go for you and some don't, but at least it's no longer left to the vagaries of the linesman.
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

‘Twas worth staying up ‘til nearly 3am to see Arsenal’s recovery to win 3-2 against Villa.

They had to do it with 10 men after a dubious second yellow card to Maitland-Niles.

As for the Chelsea vs Liverpool 1-2 result, hard to tell from the 3-minute highlights package this morn, but Chelsea seemed to have the momentum chasing the game and we’re denied by VAR.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:As for the Chelsea vs Liverpool 1-2 result, hard to tell from the 3-minute highlights package this morn, but Chelsea seemed to have the momentum chasing the game and we’re denied by VAR.
Very similar to the Leicester game, a goal chalked off correctly by VAR and the other team go down the other end and score. You wonder whether mentally, players are a bit distracted after the euphoria of thinking they've scored, even though they haven't, and just switch off for a minute or two.
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Con M wrote:As for the Chelsea vs Liverpool 1-2 result, hard to tell from the 3-minute highlights package this morn, but Chelsea seemed to have the momentum chasing the game and we’re denied by VAR.
Very similar to the Leicester game, a goal chalked off correctly by VAR and the other team go down the other end and score. You wonder whether mentally, players are a bit distracted after the euphoria of thinking they've scored, even though they haven't, and just switch off for a minute or two.
It might stifle goal celebrations over time as players might automatically "wait" beforehand. Another potential negative of VAR.
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Watched the game at OT this morning. Two awful defences and a truly shocking decision by the lino. Specsavers for you son.
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Watched the game at OT this morning. Two awful defences and a truly shocking decision by the lino. Specsavers for you son.
Wot? Are you really saying Aubameyang’s goal was a fantastically timed beauty?

Watched the game live of course, bad luck about conceding @ the stroke of halftime. Would have won the game if that deflection hadn’t happened.

ps, wot utter mediocrity is ManU these days...

Inoue Waka
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Inoue Waka »

They need some enticing, maybe say four points for a win ought to do it.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Inoue Waka wrote:They need some enticing, maybe say four points for a win ought to do it.
Get faaarrked, ya psycho!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

And the hits keep coming :(

I'm not sure how a coach can factor in such massive individual mistakes, these guys are highly paid professionals.

At times like this, I'm very grateful to be living in Australia, I can't imagine what going to work in London every day would be like :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote:And the hits keep coming :(

I'm not sure how a coach can factor in such massive individual mistakes, these guys are highly paid professionals.

At times like this, I'm very grateful to be living in Australia, I can't imagine what going to work in London every day would be like :wink:
Teams go through slumps , and have bad results. But the way you were outplayed for pretty much the whole game and don’t seem up for a fight would be the most worrying.

Brighton played well but it was too easy for them.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

six and out wrote:

Teams go through slumps , and have bad results. But the way you were outplayed for pretty much the whole game and don’t seem up for a fight would be the most worrying.

Whereas, although I think you deserved the result, you got a very fortunate penalty in the 94th minute. It's just how football goes sometimes.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
six and out wrote:

Whereas, although I think you deserved the result, you got a very fortunate penalty in the 94th minute. It's just how football goes sometimes.
In today’s interpretation of the rules it was defo a penalty. 10 years ago it wasn’t.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

six and out wrote:In today’s interpretation of the rules it was defo a penalty. 10 years ago it wasn’t.
Contact doth not necessarily a foul make, it's mean to be a contact sport.
Danny Blanchflower

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Fat Frank finding his groove and Potch for the drop :P
Time for some righteous indignation

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach