Ashes 2019

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Ashes 2019

Post by God is an Englishman »

Michael wrote:
Cooper wrote:There's a lot of hypocrisy going on on both side of this thread but its pretty clear to me that the ball bounced and shouldn't have been given as a catch and the booing of Smith after coming back from the blow to the neck was extremely poor form.

The incident has to fall back onto the fielder, in this case Root to deem it out or not as the video evidence was not 100% evident.
In saying that, many catches in past games have been decided this way.
The booing of Smith is a non event in my opinion.
here in Oztralia, the same if not worse would of happened if POM batter was the culprit.
But, Smith is very courageous to come back onto the ground after being ruled to go to the stands from that shocking ball to the neck.
Archer on the other hand is a gutless, spineless prick for showing no empathy towards Smith after he went down, even as to joke around with buttler.
This is actually rather balanced for you, I'm shocked.

Aussie crowds have done the same as you rightly have said.

He wasn't that courageous, he then got the south afrifan to replace him.

You have no idea what was going through Archer's mind, even Healy has said he was physically shaken by it and Buttler was trying to clam him down. Aussies have loved it when their bowlers have been intimidating, they loved it when Thompson said he enjoyed hurting someone as much as getting a wicket. Now just like their great grand parents, they have a cry when someone gives some back.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Michael wrote:
Cooper wrote:There's a lot of hypocrisy going on on both side of this thread but its pretty clear to me that the ball bounced and shouldn't have been given as a catch and the booing of Smith after coming back from the blow to the neck was extremely poor form.

The incident has to fall back onto the fielder, in this case Root to deem it out or not as the video evidence was not 100% evident.
In saying that, many catches in past games have been decided this way.
The booing of Smith is a non event in my opinion.
here in Oztralia, the same if not worse would of happened if POM batter was the culprit.
But, Smith is very courageous to come back onto the ground after being ruled to go to the stands from that shocking ball to the neck.
Archer on the other hand is a gutless, spineless prick for showing no empathy towards Smith after he went down, even as to joke around with buttler.
This is actually rather balanced for you, I'm shocked.

Aussie crowds have done the same as you rightly have said.

He wasn't that courageous, he then got the south afrifan to replace him.

You have no idea what was going through Archer's mind, even Healy has said he was physically shaken by it and Buttler was trying to clam him down. Aussies have loved it when their bowlers have been intimidating, they loved it when Thompson said he enjoyed hurting someone as much as getting a wicket. Now just like their great grand parents, they have a cry when someone gives some back.

Visibly shaken, give me a break.
He showed no empathy towards Smith at all.
And its not the first time, he also did the same thing in a world cup match recently.

Its all good to show the bravado and toughness, but when injured occurs, show some empathy.

Glad to see most of the POM's run to Smith aid!

Thompson is an old fart, he can barely remember where he is most times.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

God is an Englishman

You have no idea what was going through Archer's mind, even Healy has said he was physically shaken by it and Buttler was trying to clam him down
is Boomer your alter ego???? using Healy to support your argument :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:
God is an Englishman

You have no idea what was going through Archer's mind, even Healy has said he was physically shaken by it and Buttler was trying to clam him down
is Boomer your alter ego???? using Healy to support your argument :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I merely used him because he is very biased and even he is supporting Archer.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Throughout the last 18 months Steve Smith has been labelled a cheat plenty of times, now after his controversial ‘catch’ on the final day of the draw second Test at Lord’s England captain Joe Root is copping it.
The England captain claimed to have taken a diving catch to dismiss Marnus Labuschagne and the video umpire decided not to overturn the decision despite replays seeming to show that it bounced just before Root got his hands under the ball.
After the Test, Root was adamant that he’d been honest.
“As a fielder you know if your fingers are under the ball, I clearly felt that was the case. I’m an honest guy, I am not going to try and cheat the game regardless of the situation,” Root said.

Now former Australian paceman Andy Bichel has hit out at England’s captain.

“It didn’t carry. We can see that,” Bichel said on Macquarie Sports Radio.

“It’s ricocheted off the player as well so it’s bobbled a little bit to him so therefore he’d know if he’s picked it up on the half volley.

“It’s blatant cheating.”

Bichel also wasn’t happy about the way Root treated Labuschagne during the review.

“To stand there and all of a sudden give Marnus a bit of a send off as well when Marnus is seeing the footage on the screen that he’s not out and shouldn’t be out. It was a real bizarre one from Joe (Root),” Bichel said.
“You’d like to think there’d be a gentleman’s approach to that and just say ‘mate, I didn’t catch that’ and you don’t even go upstairs for it.

“It’s a little low point for a man under pressure in Joe Root. He hasn’t got any runs and now it’s just mounting on him day by day.”

Bichel, who knows a thing or two about shockingly being on the outer with Australian Test selectors — when his Test career ended after taking five wickets in a loss to India at the Adelaide Oval — lamented the fact that dangerous Aussie quick Mitchell Starc has been overlooked for the series so far.

“The fact that you have got someone with that pace … and you can just poll Joe Root, give him a phone call and as ‘who would you rather face, Peter Siddle or Mitchell Starc?’ You know what he is going to say, it’s a bit bemusing,” Bichel said.

“You can afford to play someone like Mitchell Starc who can go for three or so runs an over but also pick up wickets.

“He’s obviously done something wrong.
“He got through the World Cup quite easily physically speaking, there is something he hasn’t impressed on in that group of quicks — he was our lead Test bowler through the summer and now he’s not playing — it’s strange the way it is all playing out.”

Australia will look to extend their Ashes series lead when the third Test begins in Leeds on Thursday.

Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Sometimes, a pictures says more than words..... Archer you a lowlife scumbag!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Michael wrote:
Throughout the last 18 months Steve Smith has been labelled a cheat plenty of times, now after his controversial ‘catch’ on the final day of the draw second Test at Lord’s England captain Joe Root is copping it.
The England captain claimed to have taken a diving catch to dismiss Marnus Labuschagne and the video umpire decided not to overturn the decision despite replays seeming to show that it bounced just before Root got his hands under the ball.
“As a fielder you know if your fingers are under the ball, I clearly felt that was the case. I’m an honest guy, I am not going to try and cheat the game regardless of the situation,” Root said.

“It’s ricocheted off the player as well so it’s bobbled a little bit to him so therefore he’d know if he’s picked it up on the half volley.

“It’s blatant cheating.”

Bichel also wasn’t happy about the way Root treated Labuschagne during the review.

“To stand there and all of a sudden give Marnus a bit of a send off as well when Marnus is seeing the footage on the screen that he’s not out and shouldn’t be out. It was a real bizarre one from Joe (Root),” Bichel said.
“You’d like to think there’d be a gentleman’s approach to that and just say ‘mate, I didn’t catch that’ and you don’t even go upstairs for it.

“It’s a little low point for a man under pressure in Joe Root. He hasn’t got any runs and now it’s just mounting on him day by day.”

Bichel, who knows a thing or two about shockingly being on the outer with Australian Test selectors — when his Test career ended after taking five wickets in a loss to India at the Adelaide Oval — lamented the fact that dangerous Aussie quick Mitchell Starc has been overlooked for the series so far.

“The fact that you have got someone with that pace … and you can just poll Joe Root, give him a phone call and as ‘who would you rather face, Peter Siddle or Mitchell Starc?’ You know what he is going to say, it’s a bit bemusing,” Bichel said.

“You can afford to play someone like Mitchell Starc who can go for three or so runs an over but also pick up wickets.

“He got through the World Cup quite easily physically speaking, there is something he hasn’t impressed on in that group of quicks — he was our lead Test bowler through the summer and now he’s not playing — it’s strange the way it is all playing out.”

Australia will look to extend their Ashes series lead when the third Test begins in Leeds on Thursday.

Now, would you like me to arrange that Specsavers appointment for you Mr GIAE or will you take care of it yourself?
Ignore this signature

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:

“It’s blatant cheating.”

Now, would you like me to arrange that Specsavers appointment for you Mr GIAE or will you take care of it yourself?

Watch him squirm and try to justify it.
I thought of Root as a gentleman and not a cheat, my opinion has changed of him now after seeing that pic.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:

“It’s blatant cheating.”

I didn't know Root had deformed fingers, because if they're not under the ball they must either be deformed or in a hole in the ground.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:
I didn't know Root had deformed fingers, because if they're not under the ball they must either be deformed or in a hole in the ground.

they must be stuck in the ground.....

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Michael wrote:Image

That says nothing and certainly does not make him a lowlife. Many times in the past when a bowler(from any country) has hit a batsman he has found it best to walk away from the situation and even the captain has made sure of it. Why weren't the whole England team around Smith are those who aren't lowlifes as well? You really don't understand the game do you.
Last edited by Raich Carter on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Raich Carter wrote:

That says nothing and certainly does make him a lowlife. Many times in the past when a bowler(from any country) has hit a batsman he has found it best to walk away from the situation and even the captain has made sure of it. Why weren't the whole England team around Smith are those who aren't lowlifes as well? You really don't understand the game do you.
The thing is Archer did go over to see him and Smith told him he was OK but that doesn't fit the narrative.

He has plenty of people around him at this point, what help can Archer offer?

Aussies loved it when Think he said he wanted blood on the wicket, loved it when Lee and Johnson pinned people. Cry when it comes back at them.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Raich Carter wrote:

That says nothing and certainly does make him a lowlife. Many times in the past when a bowler(from any country) has hit a batsman he has found it best to walk away from the situation and even the captain has made sure of it. Why weren't the whole England team around Smith are those who aren't lowlifes as well? You really don't understand the game do you.

The photo was taken 5 secs after the delivery, if you watched 5-10 secs later, all the English players were at the scene except for Archer and then followed by Buttler.
I don't need to know anything about cricket to know that its a gentleman's game and after the Hughes incident, the players are more concerned with player safety.
As mentioned earlier, if you care to read, this is NOT Archers first time, he did the same thing in a World Cup match.

The game is built on intimidating batsmen or trying to get them to lose concentration, but when a Serious injury occurs, human nature usually takes over and the player safety becomes paramount.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Raich Carter wrote:

The thing is Archer did go over to see him and Smith told him he was OK but that doesn't fit the narrative.

He has plenty of people around him at this point, what help can Archer offer?

Aussies loved it when Think he said he wanted blood on the wicket, loved it when Lee and Johnson pinned people. Cry when it comes back at them.

sorry, your incorrect, once again.
I was watching the telecast at the time and continued watching and at NO time did I see Archer go over and check up on Smith.
Unless you had "inside" information from one of your so called "informers"!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

So you're saying from the vision a producer let you see, you didn't see it.

On top of that, you don't follow cricket yet you expect us to believe you were watching it at 2am. :lol:

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

God is an Englishman wrote:So you're saying from the vision a producer let you see, you didn't see it.

On top of that, you don't follow cricket yet you expect us to believe you were watching it at 2am. :lol:

Incorrect once again, if you actually watched the game the incident happened just after lunch break, so that would make it around 11pm local time.
Do you enjoy being caught out lying or do you prefer being made out to be a fool?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I'll take that as a yes. Which is closest Specsavers to where you live? I believe you don't work Fridays, so will tomorrow morning be ok, or lunch time-ish?
Ignore this signature

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Got no problem with Archer not "checking up" on Smith. That's up to the medicos. After the day's play maybe it would have been a gesture, but whether that was done I don't know but doesn't really make much difference to me.
Injuries happen in sport.

On to the third test.

If England win toss, bat first and make more than 350, then they will most likely win (weather permitting).

Naturally, I hope I'm wrong!
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Michael wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:So you're saying from the vision a producer let you see, you didn't see it.

Incorrect once again, if you actually watched the game the incident happened just after lunch break, so that would make it around 11pm local time.
Do you enjoy being caught out lying or do you prefer being made out to be a fool?
No, it was later than that.

Even if correct, that would be an error - not a lie.

However, you don't follow cricket so why would we believe you were watching it?

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

I don't like black people either.
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

God is an Englishman

why should we believe you didnt lie???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:
God is an Englishman

why should we believe you didnt lie???

You don't have to. I know I'm right.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Aussies never cheat :lol:

Oh sorry I forgot, he's not an Aussie :P
Time for some righteous indignation

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Stitch This wrote:Aussies never cheat :lol:

:lol:

Remember when aussies whinged thay Broad didn't walk?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

How quickly we forget Root.

At least DRS (third ump) applied the correct decision, you should be thankful.
Ignore this signature

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

Very shite batting from Australia - the art of fighting for your wicket is now virtually dead thanks to t20 cricket.
The bowling was very good but simply no fight or ability to properly defend and leave balls is totally on show.
Expecting a fine day today and England to be about 4/300 as no chance we'll get the same movement they got yesterday
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Frank Costanza wrote:Very shite batting from Australia - the art of fighting for your wicket is now virtually dead thanks to t20 cricket.
The bowling was very good but simply no fight or ability to properly defend and leave balls is totally on show.
Expecting a fine day today and England to be about 4/300 as no chance we'll get the same movement they got yesterday
Yes and we can look forward to another summer of an overblown Big Bash.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Frank Costanza wrote:Very shite batting from Australia - the art of fighting for your wicket is now virtually dead thanks to t20 cricket.
Already I can see Labuschagne coming in at 6 to replace Wade when Smith returns.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

How quickly we forget Root.

At least DRS (third ump) applied the correct decision, you should be thankful.
Who was the other bloke who even reviewed his catch? Cummins?

All on the anniversary of Lehman telling aussie crowds to abuse Broad as well.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Michael wrote:

It was definitely before 2am as you stated i think it was around 11.15pm to be exact.
So you admit that your incorrect once again!

However, you didn't watch the game for you to say it was at 2am.

Caught out once again