Ashes 2019

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Ashes 2019

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:The video is conclusive, both hands under the ball.
It's just the space between the outstretched fingers that debunks that (plus the little bounce up into the hands).
Imagine if that had been in Aussie fielder , the call of cheat would be deafening here from Toomer and Co.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
It's just the space between the outstretched fingers that debunks that (plus the little bounce up into the hands).
Imagine if that had been in Aussie fielder , the call of cheat would be deafening here from Toomer and Co.
I think it would have taken about 8 seconds for the "cheat" post to emerge. Suddenly it's all ok now though. Bit too obvious and usual deflections thrown in.
Ignore this signature

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Surely you're not trying to say the aussie fast bowlers give 2 fucks about the batsman they've just sconed, when they go over & ask if the felled batsman is o.k? They couldn't care less, they're just being hypocrites. A lot like a lot of aussies, actually.

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Typical of the convicts. Can dish it out, but can't take it.

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

After the bounce

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

B.Toomer wrote:Typical of the convicts. Can dish it out, but can't take it.
Who is complaining? Good bowling tactics in my view. Cant get Smith out normally, try and hurt him out. No problem with it, but just because a few say wouldn't have hurt the West Indian to just check on his welfare, suddenly we are whingeing and can't take it.

You never really look at yourselves do you, silly poms.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

No reflections needed. Facts are simple here. He caught it,
4 fingers under the ball.

No evidence to over turn it.

And the whingeing because archer hit Smith are allowed the media and social media. Not Archer's fault that Smith ducked into it. Hopefully he doesn't play in the next game but it does look like a weakness can be found.

That said, the south African replacement had a decent innings.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

now come on english man you know in your heart if that was the other way around you would be all over it . that catch was no different to the one people were going on about I think it was khawaja some time ago and same thing he had fingers under it and umpire said it was out but you couldn't handle it and said it hit the ground first ra rah you cheats ra rah
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Dave now from No 9 wrote:now come on english man you know in your heart if that was the other way around you would be all over it . that catch was no different to the one people were going on about I think it was khawaja some time ago and same thing he had fingers under it and umpire said it was out but you couldn't handle it and said it hit the ground first ra rah you cheats ra rah
There we have it, I was called a whinger for mentioning it.

Apparently it's different of you think an English person has done it. This one was an obvious catch though. Aussies have history of claiming dropped catches.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Dave now from No 9 wrote:now come on english man you know in your heart if that was the other way around you would be all over it . that catch was no different to the one people were going on about I think it was khawaja some time ago and same thing he had fingers under it and umpire said it was out but you couldn't handle it and said it hit the ground first ra rah you cheats ra rah

Apparently it's different of you think an English person has done it. This one was an obvious catch though. Aussies have history of claiming dropped catches.
Your bias it getting way too obvious. You'd be having chickens if Warner or Smith (or any Aussie for that matter) claimed that one.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

Your bias it getting way too obvious. You'd be having chickens if Warner or Smith (or any Aussie for that matter) claimed that one.
why woild I have a chicken for them claiming a clear catch?

Your hypocrisy is showing with this whinge.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

God is an Englishman

irrelevant again....you are becoming the master of it...

the ball is a sphere right.....thus, even with fingers 'under it' some part of the ball could've hit the ground first....before bouncing into the hand...
Last edited by MegaBonus on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I also think our resident pom struggles with what a whinge is. He goes on and on and on and on and on, yet somehow it's us whingeing.
I'm over it, it's 1-0 so maybe start looking for something else to complain about?
I have no problem with your captain being a cheat, just don't whinge (again) when he cops some spray if/when he comes here next (assuming he isn't in a shrink's office by then).
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:
God is an Englishman

irrelevant again....you are becoming the master of it...

the ball is a sphere right.....thus, even with fingers 'under it' some part of the ball could've hit the ground first....before bouncing into the hand...

Yes, it "could've", certainly no evidence to suggest that though.

It's irrelevant that he has his finger under the ball :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:I also think our resident pom struggles with what a whinge is. He goes on and on and on and on and on, yet somehow it's us whingeing.
I'm over it, it's 1-0 so maybe start looking for something else to complain about?
I have no problem with your captain being a cheat, just don't whinge (again) when he cops some spray if/when he comes here next (assuming he isn't in a shrink's office by then).

Well you called me a whinger because I called the aussies cheats when they did it. Why are you lot not whingeing when the boot is on the other foot?

I'm.not complaining, I accept it was a catch.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:I also think our resident pom struggles with what a whinge is. He goes on and on and on and on and on, yet somehow it's us whingeing.

Well you called me a whinger because I called the aussies cheats when they did it. Why are you lot not whingeing when the boot is on the other foot?

Tit for tat. "Cheating Aussies" when we claim an "inconclusive" catch, but when your bloke does it "no, it was fair" etc etc.

Too obvious. Your persistence virtually illustrates this. Whingers generally carry on....and on.....and on.......just like you! :P
Ignore this signature

Urusei Yatsura
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Urusei Yatsura »

But did you die?

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

anyone who answers yes is a liar !
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

Tit for tat. "Cheating Aussies" when we claim an "inconclusive" catch, but when your bloke does it "no, it was fair" etc etc.

Too obvious. Your persistence virtually illustrates this. Whingers generally carry on....and on.....and on.......just like you! :P
So, I was whingeing but you lot aren't. Ahh the hypocrisy of a whingeing aussie.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

We don't whinge. Poms do. Incessantly and about anything.
Ignore this signature

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:We don't whinge. Poms do. Incessantly and about anything.
So, why is it whingeing when someone else does it but not when you do it?

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by justmyopinion »

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

justmyopinion wrote:So does the ball hit the ground?

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/495 ... ?width=650
No

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Poms are renown for it, hence the common term "whingeing pom". You lot go on and on (often for years about the same thing) and it becomes nauseating. There's your difference.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
Poms are renown for it, hence the common term "whingeing pom". You lot go on and on (often for years about the same thing) and it becomes nauseating. There's your difference.

Only renowned for it because aussies have decided it's true. The Rest of the World looks at you lot for it.

Thos thread proves it and your hypocrisy.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

There's a lot of hypocrisy going on on both side of this thread but its pretty clear to me that the ball bounced and shouldn't have been given as a catch and the booing of Smith after coming back from the blow to the neck was extremely poor form.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Cooper wrote:There's a lot of hypocrisy going on on both side of this thread but its pretty clear to me that the ball bounced and shouldn't have been given as a catch and the booing of Smith after coming back from the blow to the neck was extremely poor form.

The incident has to fall back onto the fielder, in this case Root to deem it out or not as the video evidence was not 100% evident.
In saying that, many catches in past games have been decided this way.
The booing of Smith is a non event in my opinion.
here in Oztralia, the same if not worse would of happened if POM batter was the culprit.
But, Smith is very courageous to come back onto the ground after being ruled to go to the stands from that shocking ball to the neck.
Archer on the other hand is a gutless, spineless prick for showing no empathy towards Smith after he went down, even as to joke around with buttler.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: Many fingers under that ball when it was caught.
Hahahaha, just like the ones you whinged about when Australia did similar?

I know you have only one eye open these days, but I'd suggest you go to specsavers, and take the third ump with you. :wink:

I have been saying this all along, he needs to see an ophthalmologist
:wink:
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Michael wrote:
Cooper wrote:There's a lot of hypocrisy going on on both side of this thread but its pretty clear to me that the ball bounced and shouldn't have been given as a catch and the booing of Smith after coming back from the blow to the neck was extremely poor form.

The incident has to fall back onto the fielder, in this case Root to deem it out or not as the video evidence was not 100% evident.
In saying that, many catches in past games have been decided this way.
The booing of Smith is a non event in my opinion.
here in Oztralia, the same if not worse would of happened if POM batter was the culprit.
But, Smith is very courageous to come back onto the ground after being ruled to go to the stands from that shocking ball to the neck.
Archer on the other hand is a gutless, spineless prick for showing no empathy towards Smith after he went down, even as to joke around with buttler.
If the Aussie crowds did the same thing to an English player her I would be assumed and would say the same thing. Im all for the crowd getting into the game and having some fun but when its a serious injury as it was then it isn't acceptable.
As for Archers reaction I agree 100% and would be utterly shamed if that was done by the Aussies in the same circumstance.