sunday div one

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

sunday div one

Post by Just Dave now »

looking a 3 horse race surprised not much discussion re this div these days
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: sunday div one

Post by Bomber »

Legga (RIP) used to keep it going and swanny doing some good work on FB, but yes, this forum used to burn back in the day.

Maybe we don't have any cheating linesmen, brawls involving "New Australians", refs not showing up, players playing under different names (etc) any more?
Ignore this signature

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Surprising there hasn't been much update as it has certainly been an eventful year with some great football and major talking points. All set for a great finale as well as it is very close. Crunch game will be Gardens return game against Brahma which will go along way to deciding where the title goes.

sirstevieg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sirstevieg »

Yes my prediction is Gardens to beat Brahma with them doing Downs a favour to go on & win the League :P
We are Liverpool Football Club and the expectations are so high.
Steven Gerrard

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

When is this Brahma v Gardens game? Might go along
Ignore this signature

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Bomber wrote:When is this Brahma v Gardens game? Might go along
not this sunday next sunday 25th august
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

sirstevieg wrote:Yes my prediction is Gardens to beat Brahma with them doing Downs a favour to go on & win the League :P
Gardens hurt there chances of winning the league allowing Downs to level 1-1 in about the 80th minute a couple of weeks ago.
Cracking goal too by the way!!
Gardens had 2 huge chances to score the winner in the last 5 mins but both were well saved.
Certainly capable of beating Brahma again given they hammered them earlier in the year and lost the cup round 2-1 when really should of won given they well and truly had the better of it that day ( admittedly Brahma severely undermanned ).

Gardens have been real good this season but need some luck to fall their way now..

Clearly the 3 stand out teams and whoever wins the league will deserve it..

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

jeeez, I thought Downs should have won that game comfortably, even first half but Downs laid siege to the Gardens goal in the second half and only some heroics by Stam in goals kept Downs to the one goal. Garden have certainly impressed though this year.

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

Bomber wrote:Legga (RIP) used to keep it going and swanny doing some good work on FB, but yes, this forum used to burn back in the day.

Maybe we don't have any cheating linesmen, brawls involving "New Australians", refs not showing up, players playing under different names (etc) any more?
Must have to do with the FFSA affiliation.
Agia Lavra 1821!

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

No kidding wrote:
sirstevieg wrote:Yes my prediction is Gardens to beat Brahma with them doing Downs a favour to go on & win the League :P
Gardens hurt there chances of winning the league allowing Downs to level 1-1 in about the 80th minute a couple of weeks ago.
Cracking goal too by the way!!
Gardens had 2 huge chances to score the winner in the last 5 mins but both were well saved.
Certainly capable of beating Brahma again given they hammered them earlier in the year and lost the cup round 2-1 when really should of won given they well and truly had the better of it that day ( admittedly Brahma severely undermanned ).

Gardens have been real good this season but need some luck to fall their way now..

Clearly the 3 stand out teams and whoever wins the league will deserve it..
Severely undermanned... Surely Brahma have the longest list in the league??
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Bomber wrote:Legga (RIP) used to keep it going and swanny doing some good work on FB, but yes, this forum used to burn back in the day.

The banter has definitely dropped off, Nugget, Legga and co. would have the place buzzing!! Maybe we need a new Nugget :idea: :lol: :lol:
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

doritos1
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by doritos1 »

Brahma have been without chad all year, mullen left about 6 weeks ago to work away and saw he came on in his week off work last 5 mins and scorred the winner to beat Pontianak. Rob Macdonald has been our injured now for weeks. Jaris or howeveryou spell it done his acl been out. Pepper from Croydon only seems to play occasionally. Lewis has been suspended and out. That’s there best players right there. If they can still win this season will be a great achievement considering they haven’t had even close to best 11 all year.
Gardens did smash them first round though so Sunday will be interesting.

downslowman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by downslowman »

This sundays game against Ghan was the most disgusting game I have ever watched in my life of amateur football. Started of with the farce of the reserves. Due to a keeper getting pushed out of someones face in the middle of the ground and not moving till an ambo came. What was a keeper doing in the middle of the ground?
Into the A game, Yous people from Ghan or what ever you might be called next year. You are an absolute disgrace. The worst thing is you just laugh it of and call the racist card. One day you might learn how to be truly Aussies, but I doubt it,
Like I said, A lot of old people from the club were absolutely shocked.

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

downslowman wrote:This sundays game against Ghan was the most disgusting game I have ever watched in my life of amateur football. Started of with the farce of the reserves. Due to a keeper getting pushed out of someones face in the middle of the ground and not moving till an ambo came. What was a keeper doing in the middle of the ground?
Into the A game, Yous people from Ghan or what ever you might be called next year. You are an absolute disgrace. The worst thing is you just laugh it of and call the racist card. One day you might learn how to be truly Aussies, but I doubt it,
So if I read this right, Ghan's B keeper made his way to the center of the pitch and was pushed in the face, then refused to get up until an ambo was called :shock: ?? How did that game end up?
The A's actually have some decent players but whinge and complain far too much, first sign of real trouble (that I've heard of) this year so that's a marked improvement on recent years :lol:
-- Bill Shankly --

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

Jogonalex wrote:
downslowman wrote:This sundays game against Ghan was the most disgusting game I have ever watched in my life of amateur football. Started of with the farce of the reserves. Due to a keeper getting pushed out of someones face in the middle of the ground and not moving till an ambo came. What was a keeper doing in the middle of the ground?
So if I read this right, Ghan's B keeper made his way to the center of the pitch and was pushed in the face, then refused to get up until an ambo was called :shock: ?? How did that game end up?
The A's actually have some decent players but whinge and complain far too much, first sign of real trouble (that I've heard of) this year so that's a marked improvement on recent years :lol:
hope the injury to the B keeper doesn't effect his stage and screen performances. what a weird club if they behave like that every week.

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

Down to 2 now with Brahma beating Gardens.
Could Westies play a big part in the outcome given they have both Downs and Brahama to come ?
Westies are a dangerous side on their day.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Gardens deserved their 1-0 half time lead but second half Brahma came out steaming and were good for the 3 points. Cracking goals all 3 and decent hard fought game.
Ignore this signature

Pooraka Sałt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pooraka Sałt »

downslowman wrote: What was a keeper doing in the middle of the ground?.
Playing the offside trap perhaps.
Back by popular demand

avitroda
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by avitroda »

If you like betting and fottbal, then you have to Know Tipleader. The website has a lot of data on football and othe sports.