Aussie Bad Sports

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Aussie Bad Sports

Post by Grosso Mk II »

:oops: sore loser skip

whole world it facepalming at you for this embarrassment because Aussies never cheat right :oops:

now other countries have taken up swimming you couldn't hide your racism any longer

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Post by Michael »

The winner is a cheat and will be proven in the trail after the world champs.
But not a good luck by Mack, he even tried to convince the 3rd place swimmer to do the same.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

Michael wrote:The winner is a cheat and will be proven in the trail after the world champs.
But not a good luck by Mack, he even tried to convince the 3rd place swimmer to do the same.
and he refused 8)

you're on your own skip :lol:

its not up to the myopic and cherry picking Aussie media to decide whether this guy is a cheat, its up to the arbitration authority of the sport. Innocent until proven guilty.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Grosso Mk II wrote:
Michael wrote:The winner is a cheat and will be proven in the trail after the world champs.
and he refused 8)

its not up to the myopic and cherry picking Aussie media to decide whether this guy is a cheat, its up to the arbitration authority of the sport. Innocent until proven guilty.
Guess which country topped the world rankings of drug cases in 2016?

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

That Horton guy is not the sweet innocent media make him out to be and he is a sook
The winner was recently tested and was all negative, how embarassing will it be when the next lot of results are negative as well ?
It is not for him to decide who is a clean and who isnt.
Poor form i hope he says sorry to the winner.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Two ways one can view this (ok, that's obvious). Other swimmers (other countries) have applauded his courage to make a stand. This Chinese bloke deliberately broke a vial containing a blood sample didn't he? Jury is still out, so wait and see, but I have little faith of the authorities on this anyway.

Personally, I think it was wrong by the Aussie and there were other ways he could have made his protest.

But what does make me laugh is grosso. "This is poor sportsmanship from the skip....etc etc", but it's ok for his football mob to shirt pull at every opportunity, dive every two seconds, plead/beg with ref to card the opponent etc etc. Apparently this is acceptable and "sporting" from the inventors of such behaviour.
Ignore this signature

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Bomber wrote:Two ways one can view this (ok, that's obvious). Other swimmers (other countries) have applauded his courage to make a stand. This Chinese bloke deliberately broke a vial containing a blood sample didn't he? Jury is still out, so wait and see, but I have little faith of the authorities on this anyway.

Personally, I think it was wrong by the Aussie and there were other ways he could have made his protest.

But what does make me laugh is grosso. "This is poor sportsmanship from the skip....etc etc", but it's ok for his football mob to shirt pull at every opportunity, dive every two seconds, plead/beg with ref to card the opponent etc etc. Apparently this is acceptable and "sporting" from the inventors of such behaviour.
All teams in world football do that, not just Italy!

But correct about the chinese swimmer. I feel that he hasn't being prosecuted as ye, he probably won't be either.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:Two ways one can view this (ok, that's obvious). Other swimmers (other countries) have applauded his courage to make a stand. This Chinese bloke deliberately broke a vial containing a blood sample didn't he? Jury is still out, so wait and see, but I have little faith of the authorities on this anyway.

But correct about the chinese swimmer. I feel that he hasn't being prosecuted as ye, he probably won't be either.
lol the italians perfected it and do nothing to try and stop it . latinos and asians are the worst
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Michael wrote:

Not all teams do it, but I suppose it's ok to pick and choose what is sporting or not when it suits trolls. Hypocrite is the word that comes to mind.
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Grosso Mk II wrote:
and he refused 8)

The international doping watchdog WADA said one countries athletes accounted for 147 anti-doping rule violations in 2016, the most recent year for which full figures are available. Nearly 61 ahead of France on 86 and almost double Australia on 75. Guess who Grosso?

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

Why do you change the subject to different sports?

Biased Aussie media are making hype about swimmers from other countries applauding but there is no solid evidence this is widespread. The context of the above evidence is important too. You can't cherry pick things and make a trial by media judgement. Look at what happened with Stajcic. That was trial by media until the real facts came out.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:

Not all teams do it, but I suppose it's ok to pick and choose what is sporting or not when it suits trolls. Hypocrite is the word that comes to mind.

Who you calling a hypocrite?

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

ozzie owl wrote:
Grosso Mk II wrote:
and he refused 8)

The international doping watchdog WADA said one countries athletes accounted for 147 anti-doping rule violations in 2016, the most recent year for which full figures are available. Nearly 61 ahead of France on 86 and almost double Australia on 75. Guess who Grosso?

China??
:wink:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Grosso Mk II wrote:

Biased Aussie media are making hype about swimmers from other countries applauding but there is no solid evidence this is widespread. The context of the above evidence is important too. You can't cherry pick things and make a trial by media judgement. Look at what happened with Stajcic. That was trial by media until the real facts came out.
This is an "other sports" forum, or hadn't you noticed? Seems it's ok for you to cherry pick.

When you're discovered a one trick pony (eg Aussies very bad) it's usually to mask your own pitfalls.

No surprise you fit that mould.
Ignore this signature

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

Bomber wrote:
Grosso Mk II wrote:

This is an "other sports" forum, or hadn't you noticed? Seems it's ok for you to cherry pick.

When you're discovered a one trick pony (eg Aussies very bad) it's usually to mask your own pitfalls.

No surprise you fit that mould.
There you go again. :roll:

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

words juventus and bribes are almost synonymous lol , such upstanding citizens
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Was expecting this to be a really long list but so far only mentions one swimmer

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

N5 1BH wrote:Was expecting this to be a really long list but so far only mentions one swimmer
it could be a very long list :lol:

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Grosso Mk II wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Was expecting this to be a really long list but so far only mentions one swimmer
:lol: How long is a piece of string

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Grosso Mk II wrote:
As long as your list from 2016?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

N5 1BH wrote:
Grosso Mk II wrote:
:lol: How long is a piece of string
Ask any woman.
Ignore this signature

Funky Punk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Funky Punk »

Absorbing stuff !
How on earth did this happen?

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Mack has been vocal against Sun Yang since his 3 month ban in 2014 for drugs.

Its not a recent stand by him

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Grosso Mk II wrote:
and he refused 8)

So guilty then.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Is it proven he's a drug cheat?

If it's just allegations then what's his opinion on Thorpe?

If it's proven what's his opinion on shane warne?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

See a British swimmer staged a podium protest about Chinese swimmer Sun Yang.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/swimming-w ... 881269403z

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

God is an Englishman wrote:Is it proven he's a drug cheat?

I doubt he cares about Warne's swimming ability.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

ozzie owl wrote:See a British swimmer staged a podium protest about Chinese swimmer Sun Yang.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/swimming-w ... 881269403z
A Scot, an American and a South African have also voiced their problems with sun yang.

But yeah, its just the bad sports in Australia......

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

What does Warne and Thorpe have to do with this topic??

Maybe throw in a few "english" cheats like Dean Richards or the famous Stuart Broad!
:roll:

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Michael wrote:

What does Warne and Thorpe have to do with this topic??

Maybe throw in a few "english" cheats like Dean Richards or the famous Stuart Broad!
:roll:
Well Thorpe is a swimmer who had drug allegations so is on topic.