Blackpool finally get new Owner

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Blackpool finally get new Owner

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote::?: why was theo such a bad boss at millwall in your estimation. :?: no plot here, im just curious I don't know anything except he had a clothing business. i met him once briefly at the ground,thats it. :?:
Well if we look at first of all the reports that he was trying to tell Wise what team we pick and the fact that he bought Millwall for practically nothing and didn't invest anything but merely used the club to feather his own nest and his own publicity.

In the year that we reached the FA Cup Final and sold (basically gave away) our best player for #2 million, we still posted a loss of #2 million. Either he was mismanaging the business or someone had their hands in the till.

Then we add in that when he left, we were left with sub standard players on big and long contracts. Any new manager had to deal with the fact that he couldn't even move players on because no other club was going to pay them what they were on.

I once had a long chat with another ex manager at a bar in Stanstead airport and he referred to him as POISON to the club.

:lol:

More Fairy stories. :oops:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

thank you for answering my question. I was at that cup final. you should have some empathy with old master if that was the case. how long did theo have millwall for. :?: the oystons had blackpool for far too long. I know millwall had a bad patch but that was a long time ago now whearas the oystons have only recently been given the boot and should be in jail for what they did to the club. my girl friend at the time worked for theo and she lived on the notre dame estate in Clapham common.cheers. :)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote::?: why was theo such a bad boss at millwall in your estimation. :?: no plot here, im just curious I don't know anything except he had a clothing business. i met him once briefly at the ground,thats it. :?:
Well if we look at first of all the reports that he was trying to tell Wise what team we pick and the fact that he bought Millwall for practically nothing and didn't invest anything but merely used the club to feather his own nest and his own publicity.

In the year that we reached the FA Cup Final and sold (basically gave away) our best player for #2 million, we still posted a loss of #2 million. Either he was mismanaging the business or someone had their hands in the till.

Then we add in that when he left, we were left with sub standard players on big and long contracts. Any new manager had to deal with the fact that he couldn't even move players on because no other club was going to pay them what they were on.

I once had a long chat with another ex manager at a bar in Stanstead airport and he referred to him as POISON to the club.

More Fairy stories. :oops:

Míke Hunt
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Míke Hunt »

Old Master wrote:More Fairy stories. :oops:
Pot, kettle....
I'm a cheeky devil

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

After finally getting the Owner of their dreams, Blackpool fans now have a 'new' manager to get behind.

The temporary coach, Terry McPhillips, has decided that Football management is not for him and has resigned.

McPhillips left on Friday saying he "never really had any intention of becoming a manager".

He led the club to a 10th place finish in the the third tier after being appointed on a permanent basis in September 2018, having been in caretaker charge for nine matches following Gary Bowyer's resignation.

"It was important to act swiftly and appoint a new manager who can hit the ground running," owner Simon Sadlier told the club website.

He has been replaced by former manager Simon 'Larry' Grayson, who was a popular figure at the club before moving to Leeds United in 2008, during his tenure at the Seasiders he took them into the Championship in 2007.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Larry :lol:

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:Larry :lol:

You are laughing, I presume, because you know that 'Larry Grayson' was a gay comedian back in the day and the nickname is a typical 'Backhanded compliment' from the Northern supporters.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

You are laughing, I presume, because you know that 'Larry Grayson' was a gay comedian back in the day and the nickname is a typical 'Backhanded compliment' from the Northern supporters.
Yes, you are correct. The nickname amused me. Don't see how his sexuality is relevant though.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:

Yes, you are correct. The nickname amused me. Don't see how his sexuality is relevant though.

Just a little bit of Northern satire.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:

Just a little bit of Northern satire.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Good read on the state of the game below the EPL.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 26126.html