Nations League

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Nations League

Post by Scholes »

Yeah, opinions are like arseholes, every ones got one......yours bigger than most.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

MegaBonus wrote:according to Hawksey, its a media beat up, the locals started it, the local police were heavy handed, the locals don't appreciate English humour, the English media are waging a class war against football supports.....have I missed any excuses Hawksey.

many countries have that element domestically....but none match the Poms for the way and the frequency they export it overseas....

my opinion.....misplaced nationalism due to the inability to accept their declined status as a country.....
Don’t forget that it is locals fault for selling them copious amount of beer and force them to drink to excess.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Greece spanked
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote:according to Hawksey, its a media beat up, the locals started it, the local police were heavy handed, the locals don't appreciate English humour, the English media are waging a class war against football supports.....have I missed any excuses Hawksey.

many countries have that element domestically....but none match the Poms for the way and the frequency they export it overseas....

my opinion.....misplaced nationalism due to the inability to accept their declined status as a country.....
Can you show me where I have said that or is your jealousy now manifesting itself into lies?

Misplaced? Not sure which country you're from this week but pretty sure its a country that isnt as powerful as England.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

MegaBonus wrote:a team at their zenith against a team in rebuilding and England remind us why theres being nothing for over 50 years....forget the technical stuff, revert to hoof ball and physical aggression

i agree in a way. because unfortunately the technical stuff you speak of now includes diving,shirt pulling,back passing and acting etc. no wonder fans react. back in the day football was exciting to watch or play. yes it was tough and hard but it was MANLY AND ENTERTAINING and all the aggression stayed on the field where it rightfully belonged. :roll:

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

I know this has nothing to do with the Nations League,but damn Wales are a tough team,Croatia barely beat them in the Euro qualifiers.We better shape up before the game in Cardiff.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Also an element of England fans now boo oppostion national anthems and add "no surrender" to the words of God Save the Queen", what the?

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

ozzie owl wrote:

Also an element of England fans now boo oppostion national anthems and add "no surrender" to the words of God Save the Queen", what the?
Try to keep some perspective please, close to 20000 England fans get pissed up on a long weekend with 5 minor arrests and no serious injuries but apparently that’s worldwide news. Meanwhile frequent attacks on civilians by italian supporters in England resulting in serious injuries, 4 dutch supporters given long jail terms in England recently for serious assaults, Turkish fans boo French national anthem, mass monkey chanting heard all across Europe. But hey………

Indiscriminate baton charges are cowardly and counter productive, I reckon the last one in the UK was at Orgreave way back in the early 80s. If the police are blameless do you guys have an opinion on this from your favourite research source
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ds-tickets

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:

What's wrong with NO SURRENDER. The Barmy Army added "You're a convict"?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

N5 1BH wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:

Try to keep some perspective please, close to 20000 England fans get pissed up on a long weekend with 5 minor arrests and no serious injuries but apparently that’s worldwide news. Meanwhile frequent attacks on civilians by italian supporters in England resulting in serious injuries, 4 dutch supporters given long jail terms in England recently for serious assaults, Turkish fans boo French national anthem, mass monkey chanting heard all across Europe. But hey………

Indiscriminate baton charges are cowardly and counter productive, I reckon the last one in the UK was at Orgreave way back in the early 80s. If the police are blameless do you guys have an opinion on this from your favourite research source
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ds-tickets
Unfortunately, some people are so anti England that they have to find any little thing to try and discredit our huge improvements.

These people are generally those who havent experiences a game as an away supporter in these types of countries.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Unfortunately, some people are so anti England that they have to find any little thing to try and discredit.........
Geez, I wonder if there are any people that are so anti Australia similarly around here?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
Unfortunately, some people are so anti England that they have to find any little thing to try and discredit.........
Geez, I wonder if there are any people that are so anti Australia similarly around here?
I know what you're getting at. That person would probably suggest theyre not little thing and its bevause hes surrounded by 20 Million people who think everything is perfect.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:
I know what you're getting at. That person would probably suggest theyre not little thing and its bevause hes surrounded by 20 Million people who think everything is perfect.
Hmm. I've heard a lot of moaning from Labor supporters of late that things are definitely NOT so rosy here. But we know that their mentality is a bit off. :wink:
Can't help it if people are generally quite happy here. :)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
Hmm. I've heard a lot of moaning from Labor supporters of late that things are definitely NOT so rosy here. But we know that their mentality is a bit off. :wink:

There's the difference you see. A lot of us have been outside australia so aren't as blinded by what australia has to offer.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:

There's the difference you see. A lot of us have been outside australia so aren't as blinded by what australia has to offer.
I have been outside Australia and have been very impressed with various parts of the world and also feel sorry for many in the same places. Most places have their plusses and minuses but Australia (especially western part of Adelaide) still has a lot going for it. Not called the lucky country for nothing. 8)
Ignore this signature

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Only called "the lucky country " by sheep brought up on a diet of aussie, aussie, aussie, oi, oi, oi.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:
Bomber wrote:

I have been outside Australia and have been very impressed with various parts of the world and also feel sorry for many in the same places. Most places have their plusses and minuses but Australia (especially western part of Adelaide) still has a lot going for it. Not called the lucky country for nothing. 8)
Some places are great to visit for holiday but you wouldn’t want to live there.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:
and that's why I'm only here on holiday.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

ozzie owl wrote:
and that's why I'm only here on holiday.
Yep, world's longest holiday.
Ignore this signature

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

B.Toomer wrote:Only called "the lucky country " by sheep brought up on a diet of aussie, aussie, aussie, oi, oi, oi.
Why are you here?
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:
B.Toomer wrote:Only called "the lucky country " by sheep brought up on a diet of aussie, aussie, aussie, oi, oi, oi.
Why are you here?
Given he never likes anything about Australia I was thinking the same thing.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I wonder just how much of the increased anti-English sentiment in Europe is down to Brexit?

If Britain does leave Europe. it will make it difficult for the failed economy countries' residents' to move to the UK and live like kings on the welfare, as currently occurs, so I have heard.

It is also likely that the Germans, French and Spanish economies would have to pay more to continue to rule Europe.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Can you show me where I have said that or is your jealousy now manifesting itself into lies?

Misplaced? Not sure which country you're from this week but pretty sure its a country that isnt as powerful as England.
Still waiting

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

check the 2018 WC thread....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:check the 2018 WC thread....
I haven't mentioned the nations league in that thread. :shock:

Still waiting

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

can you show me where I stated you had mentioned it in the Nations thread
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

This was your quote in response to the minor trouble in portugal. I ask again, when did I say these were the reasons for it?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

so you agree then that theres nothing there specifically mentioning Portugal....

thanks and move on.....

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:so you agree then that theres nothing there specifically mentioning Portugal....

thanks and move on.....
It was in relation to portugal. No other event was mentioned. Still waiting.Come on, you're slipping - it shouldn't be this easy to get you running.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

you make too many assumptions...silly man!