Referee Inspectors - New Requirements?

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

robs2107
Squad Player
Squad Player

Referee Inspectors - New Requirements?

Post by robs2107 »

This morning on Coast FMs Talking Football, I believe there was a long standing official (over 30 years involvement) who as I understand it, implied a recent communications from the FFSA was behind he decision to stand down as a referee inspector. I couldn't give the radio my full attention, can anyone add anything?
Ernie Merrick: Of course I am happy when my team scores a goal, it's just that sometimes I forget to tell my face. (On why Ernie doesn't smile on the sideline.)

Work Experience Kid
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Referee Inspectors - New Requirements?

Post by Work Experience Kid »

I can add simple arithmetic.
Fighting bull's one thing, fighting bullshít's another!

penalty
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by penalty »

Inspectors report standars have been increased.

Loretta Jones
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Loretta Jones »

好吃吗?
Read 'em and weep boys

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Assuming there are still ref inspectors at the games, why aren't there more refs being dropped/promoted accordingly? I've seen some decent ones stuck in lower grades but incompetent ones continue to do senior NPL games. Something's not right.
All I've seen lately are match day commissioners who ponce about reporting on whether the PA system is used often enough, or the scoreboard is updated quickly enough etc etc.
Priorities?
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:Assuming there are still ref inspectors at the games, why aren't there more refs being dropped/promoted accordingly? I've seen some decent ones stuck in lower grades but incompetent ones continue to do senior NPL games. Something's not right.
All I've seen lately are match day commissioners who ponce about reporting on whether the PA system is used often enough, or the scoreboard is updated quickly enough etc etc.
Priorities?
Had the pleasure today of watching Marinus who must the the least empathetic ref in the business, but because he's fit he keeps on getting games. There's no way inspectors are present at his games.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:Assuming there are still ref inspectors at the games, why aren't there more refs being dropped/promoted accordingly? I've seen some decent ones stuck in lower grades but incompetent ones continue to do senior NPL games. Something's not right.
Priorities?
Had the pleasure today of watching Marinus who must the the least empathetic ref in the business, but because he's fit he keeps on getting games. There's no way inspectors are present at his games.
We've had Gary Mooney 4 out of last 6 games. Can't they mix them up a bit more?
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Priorities?
We've had Gary Mooney 4 out of last 6 games. Can't they mix them up a bit more?
I would trade with you in an instant.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

You're on - if there is any way possible, please advise.
Ignore this signature