"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:35 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:20 pm 
Offline
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:52 pm
Posts: 7
Is it on FTA? I couldn't find it in the tv guide.

_________________
What does the fox say?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:14 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm
Posts: 753
Optus sports only as far as i know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:46 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm
Posts: 6795
Location: Campbelltown
Well done to Liverpool with a 2 - 0 win over Spurs.

The penalty was a little harsh but was the correct decision given the modern game's accepted rulings.

Origi's goal though was well taken and demonstrated his improving talent.

The game itself wasn't the best Champion's League Final but did have a few moments of 'leaping from the seat' moments for both groups of supporters.

_________________
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:57 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm
Posts: 753
Congratulations to all celebrating Liverpool fans,cautious approach did it this time,but who cares all people will see in future is 2018/19 champions on list.Good job on the spurs,amazing season .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:08 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44280
Better team lost but that's football. Never a penalty, what's the point in VAR if that still gets given.

2 champions league wins now for Liverpool and still no premier league.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tottenham v Liverpool
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:15 pm 
Offline
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:48 pm
Posts: 18
Clear penalty.

Oh and it was Tottenham v Liverpool

_________________
Knight15 wrote:
You are without doubt one of the weirdest people I have ever met


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:16 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 7074
damn globalisation.....was hoping to see a 'typically English' game between 2 teams coached by foreigners who taught their teams to play like English teams.......most boring final in living memory...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:59 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm
Posts: 753
How refreshing was it to see a good looking girl running across the field,instead of a drunk.With the new changes to the premier league rules,i am afraid awe will see a lot of penalties like this in future.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:31 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17361
MegaBonus wrote:
damn globalisation.....was hoping to see a 'typically English' game between 2 teams coached by foreigners who taught their teams to play like English teams.......most boring final in living memory...


Too right it was a dull game to watch and if that is the new ruling on penalties get ready for a flood of them next season in the EPL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:55 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16586
ozzie owl wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:
damn globalisation.....was hoping to see a 'typically English' game between 2 teams coached by foreigners who taught their teams to play like English teams.......most boring final in living memory...


Too right it was a dull game to watch and if that is the new ruling on penalties get ready for a flood of them next season in the EPL.


His arm was raised and, had it hit his arm directly, I think a penalty would have been the correct decision, but when it hits another part of your body, in this case his chest, and deflects onto your arm I'm not so sure it should be a penalty. The new season will be interesting I think.

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:15 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:42 pm
Posts: 2909
What's your thoughts on Kane starting Cryil??

_________________
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:36 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16586
haywood djablowme wrote:
What's your thoughts on Kane starting Cryil??


I think Poch was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. The trouble with the early pen is that any plans go out the window immediately, so it's hard to know which would have been right.

If Kane tells you he's fit, I guess you have to play him, but my personal opinion before the game was that we should have started with the players that beat Ajax. I didn't think Kane was the problem btw, Alli was poor and Eriksen was not great in the first half and when we had all the momentum in the second half, their keeper made a few decent stops.

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:06 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55005
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Still knackered from the game and I didn't even play. :D

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16586
Bomber wrote:
Still knackered from the game and I didn't even play. :D


:lol: Yeah, me too. Disappointed obviously, but pleased with our season overall.

What did you think about the penalty? If it hits his arm directly I don't have a problem, shouldn't be waving to the crowd, but a ball that hits his chest then deflects and brushes the underside of his arm is a tough call. Seems that any touch on an arm away from the body is now a pen, so there's going to be a shed load of pens next year.

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:22 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55005
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Still knackered from the game and I didn't even play. :D


:lol: Yeah, me too. Disappointed obviously, but pleased with our season overall.

What did you think about the penalty? If it hits his arm directly I don't have a problem, shouldn't be waving to the crowd, but a ball that hits his chest then deflects and brushes the underside of his arm is a tough call. Seems that any touch on an arm away from the body is now a pen, so there's going to be a shed load of pens next year.


To be honest, its a classic case of neither 100% pen, nor 100% NOT a pen. Plenty have had time to dissect it, watch it on slow motion, and still you get two points of view. I'd lean slightly to it NOT being a pen but arm was struck, so there will always be conjecture.

Just glad, or more so relieved, that such a huge season got some reward for the Reds. :D

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:41 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17361
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Still knackered from the game and I didn't even play. :D


:lol: Yeah, me too. Disappointed obviously, but pleased with our season overall.

What did you think about the penalty? If it hits his arm directly I don't have a problem, shouldn't be waving to the crowd, but a ball that hits his chest then deflects and brushes the underside of his arm is a tough call. Seems that any touch on an arm away from the body is now a pen, so there's going to be a shed load of pens next year.


I agree NOC as a neutral I thought no penalty , however as you said we should now see a flood of penalties next season if that is the new interpretation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:10 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 1121
It wasn't an exciting game to watch, but most finals are not.
Not a penalty for me, VAR???

Better team didn't win, but so glad that Salah finally gets his medal, that he was so cruelly robbed last year!! Ramos your a dirty thug!

Liverpool haven't won the EPL since 1992

_________________
Remember the past with gratitude...live the present with enthusiasm... and look forward to the future with confidence!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:52 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm
Posts: 1466
Michael wrote:
It wasn't an exciting game to watch, but most finals are not.
Not a penalty for me, VAR???

Better team didn't win, but so glad that Salah finally gets his medal, that he was so cruelly robbed last year!! Ramos your a dirty thug!

Liverpool haven't won the EPL since 1992[/b]


Trying telling MU that


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:45 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44280
Michael wrote:

Liverpool haven't won the EPL since 1992


So never then.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:42 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55005
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Didn't know English football only started in the early 1990's.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:43 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm
Posts: 753
1989-90 season was the last time Liverpool won 1st division,never winning the new EPL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:07 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm
Posts: 1466
Bomber wrote:
Didn't know English football only started in the early 1990's.


They have never taken to the EPL.The comp was too hard for them. :D Were dominant in the old first division 70s and 80s.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:52 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55005
Location: Between the lake and the beach
eagleboy wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Didn't know English football only started in the early 1990's.


They have never taken to the EPL.The comp was too hard for them. :D Were dominant in the old first division 70s and 80s.


That's when proper English football was being played and most players were Brits. Also variety of pitch conditions, no private ownership etc. :)

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:13 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 1121
Bomber wrote:
eagleboy wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Didn't know English football only started in the early 1990's.


They have never taken to the EPL.The comp was too hard for them. :D Were dominant in the old first division 70s and 80s.


That's when proper English football was being played and most players were Brits. Also variety of pitch conditions, no private ownership etc. :)



if it wasnt for foreign ownership, you can deduct a few trophies that you have recently won.

_________________
Remember the past with gratitude...live the present with enthusiasm... and look forward to the future with confidence!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:29 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55005
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Michael wrote:
if it wasnt for foreign ownership, you can deduct a few trophies that you have recently won.


If it wasn't for foreign ownership, Chelsea would probably still be broke, Man City just an ordinary side as they were prior.........

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:48 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44280
Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:
if it wasnt for foreign ownership, you can deduct a few trophies that you have recently won.


If it wasn't for foreign ownership, Chelsea would probably still be broke, Man City just an ordinary side as they were prior.........



No, Harding came in before the Russian.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:59 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55005
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:
if it wasnt for foreign ownership, you can deduct a few trophies that you have recently won.


If it wasn't for foreign ownership, Chelsea would probably still be broke, Man City just an ordinary side as they were prior.........



No, Harding came in before the Russian.


Point being you can't say what we would have nor wouldn't have won without foreign ownership, as it applies to many big clubs (even not so big clubs) who have won trophies in recent history.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group