"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:41 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:59 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16590
I liked being on top wrote:
it's been in our hands for a long time.....

No more :wink:

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:29 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44288
Millwall beat everton, everton drew with liverpool.

Millwall are better than liverpool.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:42 am 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 7080
Croatia beat England
Australia beat Croatia

Australia are better than England


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:48 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 13446
Nice One Cyril wrote:
I liked being on top wrote:
it's been in our hands for a long time.....

No more :wink:


Yep, your lot could hold the key.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:00 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16590
I liked being on top wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
I liked being on top wrote:
it's been in our hands for a long time.....

No more :wink:


Yep, your lot could hold the key.

Personally, I’d prefer to see Liverpool win it, but I suspect the better squad of City will get them over the line. Just.

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:38 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 13446
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Personally, I’d prefer to see Liverpool win it, but I suspect the better squad of City will get them over the line. Just.


I have thought the whole time. I am not giving up by any means, but City I have always felt are just too good.
Probably 30 years of pain makes me think like this!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:40 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44288
MegaBonus wrote:
Croatia beat England
Australia beat Croatia

Australia are better than England



When did australia beat croatia, which competition?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:02 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 8:01 am
Posts: 288
Group table, world cup 2006, but you knew that. :D

_________________
POLONIAROCS wrote:
Yes SAASL is so much greater than NPL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:21 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44288
Hirohito wrote:
Group table, world cup 2006, but you knew that. :D



If I knew that, I wouldn't have asked.

13 years ago, is he seriously claiming a result from 13 years ago. :lol:

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:28 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 13446
God is an Englishman wrote:
Hirohito wrote:
Group table, world cup 2006, but you knew that. :D



If I knew that, I wouldn't have asked.

13 years ago, is he seriously claiming a result from 13 years ago. :lol:


He may as well have said we beat you in 2003 (or 4) in the league cup. So we are better than you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:40 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44288
I liked being on top wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Hirohito wrote:
Group table, world cup 2006, but you knew that. :D



If I knew that, I wouldn't have asked.

13 years ago, is he seriously claiming a result from 13 years ago. :lol:


He may as well have said we beat you in 2003 (or 4) in the league cup. So we are better than you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



2004 - I was there. Baros (??) cabernet himself. They earnt their Victimpool nickname that day.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:33 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16590
I actually don’t mind refs giving penalties for grabbing, even though Salah backs in and then collapses theatrically as soon as defenders push back, but they have to be consistent. Nine out of ten instances like this go unpunished.

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:27 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17364
Nice One Cyril wrote:
I actually don’t mind refs giving penalties for grabbing, even though Salah backs in and then collapses theatrically as soon as defenders push back, but they have to be consistent. Nine out of ten instances like this go unpunished.


But NOC remember Salah never dives :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:12 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 1132
Unlucky to lose the title this year, after losing only 1 game all year in EPL!!

the 7 draws cost you.

_________________
Remember the past with gratitude...live the present with enthusiasm... and look forward to the future with confidence!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:15 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44288
Will it be zero trophies, or the season the catch up with Man U in the Champions League?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:39 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55026
Location: Between the lake and the beach
All in all a cracking season. Makes you wonder about the one or two millimetres with Goal-line technology in the season's only loss at City. But that's football and we still have a big game to look forward to. :)

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:02 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 1132
Bomber wrote:
All in all a cracking season. Makes you wonder about the one or two millimetres with Goal-line technology in the season's only loss at City. But that's football and we still have a big game to look forward to. :)




So would you prefer the champions league cup or the EPL title?

_________________
Remember the past with gratitude...live the present with enthusiasm... and look forward to the future with confidence!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:22 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55026
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:
All in all a cracking season. Makes you wonder about the one or two millimetres with Goal-line technology in the season's only loss at City. But that's football and we still have a big game to look forward to. :)




So would you prefer the champions league cup or the EPL title?


It's like asking which sibling do you like better. Normally I'd go CL, just, but the top flight title has been a while so give them equal billing.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:32 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44288
Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:
All in all a cracking season. Makes you wonder about the one or two millimetres with Goal-line technology in the season's only loss at City. But that's football and we still have a big game to look forward to. :)




So would you prefer the champions league cup or the EPL title?


It's like asking which sibling do you like better. Normally I'd go CL, just, but the top flight title has been a while so give them equal billing.


I think most English fans would overwhelmingly say the league. Certainly the older ones anyway.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:58 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:56 pm
Posts: 288
Location: ísland
The Liverpool fans would prefer the legue title. Ironically the manchester heirachy would have preferred the European title.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:10 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55026
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Eyjafjallajökull wrote:
The Liverpool fans would prefer the legue title. Ironically the manchester heirachy would have preferred the European title.


All about timing.

If we'd never won the European Cup, we'd be itching for one now.

18 top flight titles is still the second best and have the best Euro success of all English clubs, so swings and roundabouts for me.

That aside, I appreciate any trophy that is on offer.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:40 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44288
Bomber wrote:
Eyjafjallajökull wrote:
The Liverpool fans would prefer the legue title. Ironically the manchester heirachy would have preferred the European title.


All about timing.

If we'd never won the European Cup, we'd be itching for one now.

18 top flight titles is still the second best and have the best Euro success of all English clubs, so swings and roundabouts for me.

That aside, I appreciate any trophy that is on offer.



surely you want to catch Man U ON champions League wins as well though.

Hopefully, spurs become the 2nd English, but not Northern, club to win it.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:21 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55026
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Eyjafjallajökull wrote:
The Liverpool fans would prefer the legue title. Ironically the manchester heirachy would have preferred the European title.


All about timing.

If we'd never won the European Cup, we'd be itching for one now.

18 top flight titles is still the second best and have the best Euro success of all English clubs, so swings and roundabouts for me.

That aside, I appreciate any trophy that is on offer.



surely you want to catch Man U ON champions League wins as well though.

Hopefully, spurs become the 2nd English, but not Northern, club to win it.


Trophy cabinet suggests we have sufficiently more Euro titles than Man U. :)

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44288
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
surely you want to catch Man U ON champions League wins as well though.

Hopefully, spurs become the 2nd English, but not Northern, club to win it.


Trophy cabinet suggests we have sufficiently more Euro titles than Man U. :)


Correct Bomber, but I didn't say euro titles - I said champions league.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:12 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55026
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
surely you want to catch Man U ON champions League wins as well though.

Hopefully, spurs become the 2nd English, but not Northern, club to win it.


Trophy cabinet suggests we have sufficiently more Euro titles than Man U. :)


Correct Bomber, but I didn't say euro titles - I said champions league.


I doubt there would be a "separate" need to (catch up). For example, we know we have 18 English league titles - just because they changed the name to EPL and we haven't had one of them under that banner, doesn't mean we've won no championships.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:19 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44288
Premier League is the same as Division One.

Champions league is very different to the European Cup, UEFA Cup, Europa Cup, Cup Winners Cup etc..

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:03 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55026
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Premier League is the same as Division One.

Champions league is very different to the European Cup, UEFA Cup, Europa Cup, Cup Winners Cup etc..


It's easier to qualify for Champions League nowadays (in England).

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:40 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44288
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Premier League is the same as Division One.

Champions league is very different to the European Cup, UEFA Cup, Europa Cup, Cup Winners Cup etc..


It's easier to qualify for Champions League nowadays (in England).


Yes, easier to win.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:15 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17364
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Premier League is the same as Division One.

Champions league is very different to the European Cup, UEFA Cup, Europa Cup, Cup Winners Cup etc..


It's easier to qualify for Champions League nowadays (in England).


If the big clubs get their way then it will get even harder for clubs from smaller countries/leagues to qualify. One step from a closed European Super League playing matches all over the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:11 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55026
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Another one for the trophy cabinet :D

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Black Panther and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group