Racism : Kick It Out

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Racism : Kick It Out

Post by ozzie owl »

Sad to see a handful of so called Chelsea supporters discgraced themselves with a racist song about Mo Salah last night. At least they have been caught on video and one can hope lengthy bans are handed out.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Racism : Kick It Out

Post by Old Master »

ozzie owl wrote:Sad to see a handful of so called Chelsea supporters discgraced themselves with a racist song about Mo Salah last night. At least they have been caught on video and one can hope lengthy bans are handed out.

Chelsea have had the worst supporters in regard to racist chants for a number of years now, a pity because they used to be a good crowd when they weren't owned by a Russian Billionaire.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Old Master wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Sad to see a handful of so called Chelsea supporters discgraced themselves with a racist song about Mo Salah last night. At least they have been caught on video and one can hope lengthy bans are handed out.

Chelsea have had the worst supporters in regard to racist chants for a number of years now, a pity because they used to be a good crowd when they weren't owned by a Russian Billionaire.
Really? So new owner comes along and suddenly supporters turn feral?
Ignore this signature

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Bomber wrote:
Old Master wrote:

Really? So new owner comes along and suddenly supporters turn feral?

Their crowds grew substantially and attracted a number of racists and ratbags who were attracted to the wider media coverage that resulted.

That generally happens to most clubs who suddenly become successful and is not the fault of the Joe Bloggs regular supporter, they just get painted with the same brush.

Man City went through a similar trend when they were first taken over by the Sheiks.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Old Master wrote:

rubbish! they had a big NF follwing in the 80s, i am not getting into the worst club etc, bur Chelsea have history going way back.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

See a Gunners under investigation after incident at the Napoli game .

Lique 1 game was stopped following an incident .

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

How’s that investigation into sexual harassment by the Kick It Out hierarchy going? Sorry alleged harassment, innocent until proven guilty and all that

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

N5 1BH wrote:How’s that investigation into sexual harassment by the Kick It Out hierarchy going? Sorry alleged harassment, innocent until proven guilty and all that
Hasn’t kick it out been disbanded?€

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Now we have some so called West Ham supporters in trouble over racism

Chelsea supporters even racially abusing their own supporters ..

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Yes ban the racists- but a certain forumite on here continues to call us Scots 'sweaties'. Not bad coming from a 'smelling fish'! :D
If you wish to use Cockney rhyming slang by degrading people that's fine but I am more than happy to return the compliment.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

thebeautifulgame wrote:Yes ban the racists- but a certain forumite on here continues to call us Scots 'sweaties'. Not bad coming from a 'smelling fish'! :D
If you wish to use Cockney rhyming slang by degrading people that's fine but I am more than happy to return the compliment.
Do you find the term Jock pejorative, that’s all that sweaty means? No different to Pom.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Jock on it's own I don't find insulting but sweaty is obviously a slur no matter what way you look at it. I much prefer the word 'Scot' but you are entitled to call us what you 'see fit'.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

They make Millwall supporters look like angels...
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

With the amount of alcohol sculled down during games,events like these are expected.What a sober man holds back,a drunkard vents into the open.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

thebeautifulgame wrote:Jock on it's own I don't find insulting but sweaty is obviously a slur no matter what way you look at it. I much prefer the word 'Scot' but you are entitled to call us what you 'see fit'.
You should be more upset if someone calls you a berk :wink:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

now its Ashley youngs turn,by man utds so called fans for petes sake. disappointment is one thing but to do what some did is inexcusable. to get done by a good side who were better on the day is NOT a reason to turn feral. shame on the stupid idiots. :o :shock: :oops:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Nice One Cyril wrote:
thebeautifulgame wrote:Jock on it's own I don't find insulting but sweaty is obviously a slur no matter what way you look at it. I much prefer the word 'Scot' but you are entitled to call us what you 'see fit'.
You should be more upset if someone calls you a berk :wink:
Thought that being called a 'jerk' wasn't too bad until I looked it up, would appear it is something quite different and rhymes with James Hunt! :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:

Can we hear when all these racist events have happened?

You are rigjt though, Chelsea have got worse. They never had this problem in the 70/80's. :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote:Yes ban the racists- but a certain forumite on here continues to call us Scots 'sweaties'. Not bad coming from a 'smelling fish'! :D
Silly sweaty. I fail to see how you scotch can find that racist.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Now Rangers in trouble over racist chants at a Europe League match and punished by UEFA l

Lansinoh
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Lansinoh »

What were they singing? What constitutes 'sectarian singing'?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

A group of Inter Milan fans claim Cagliari supporters were showing Romelu Lukaku a form of "respect" when they aimed monkey chants at him on Sunday.

Are they serious ?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote:A group of Inter Milan fans claim Cagliari supporters were showing Romelu Lukaku a form of "respect" when they aimed monkey chants at him on Sunday.

Are they serious ?
They were gorilla chants, molto rispetto :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:A group of Inter Milan fans claim Cagliari supporters were showing Romelu Lukaku a form of "respect" when they aimed monkey chants at him on Sunday.

Are they serious ?
I wonder if Grosso will condemn their behaviour?

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Are they serious ?

Disgusting, but sadly it happens everywhere in Serie A.
Napoli Defender Koulabily was subject to racial abuse in october 2018 from Juventus supporters and again from Inter supporters in December.
Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo has called for "education and respect" after Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly suffered racist abuse on Wednesday during his side's clash with Inter Milan.

Koulibaly and his manager, Carlo Ancelotti, both commented following Napoli's 1-0 loss to Inter in Serie A at the San Siro. The Napoli defender was sent off during the game after picking up two yellow cards.

On Thursday, Ronaldo took to social media to post the following image:

In his own social media post, Koulibaly wrote, "I am proud of the colour of my skin. Proud to be French, Senegalese, Neapolitan: a man,"
Ancelotti told reporters he sought to get the match suspended three times to no avail, and he added a repeat of the incident in the future could see the team walk off the pitch.

"Koulibaly was certainly irritable," he said. "Usually, he is very calm and professional, but he was subjected to monkey noises throughout the game. We asked three times for some action to be taken, but the match continued. ...They’ll probably make us lose the game if we walk off, but we are prepared to do it."

Koulibaly was subject to racist abuse from Juventus supporters in October. As a result, the Italian champions had to close part of their ground for their game with Genoa, per Taiye Taiwo of Goal.

Carlo Garganese of Goal is worried by the amount of similar incidents happening in the modern game:
Koulibaly has established himself as one of the best defenders in world football during his time at Napoli. He was key in the Partenopei pushing Juventus so close in the race for the title last term and has recently been linked with a £90 million move to Manchester United, per Duncan Castles of the Sunday Times.

Ronaldo only arrived in Serie A in the summer but has made a major impression at Juventus already. He came off the bench against Atalanta in a 2-2 draw on Boxing Day to score his 12th goal of the Italian top-flight season.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

ozzie owl wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Are they serious ?
I wonder if Grosso will condemn their behaviour?
No, he'll go missing for a while. That's his style. Just have to wait for an Aussie to fart in the wrong direction before he'll pipe up again.....
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

See an Italian TV pundit banned for racist remark ..... more fake news Grosso ?

Knightsmulti
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Knightsmulti »

predrag wrote:With the amount of alcohol sculled down during games,events like these are expected.What a sober man holds back,a drunkard vents into the open.
Last time I went to the Premier League you couldn't buy alcohol during the game, except in the Corporate Area has this changed?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Knightsmulti wrote:
predrag wrote:With the amount of alcohol sculled down during games,events like these are expected.What a sober man holds back,a drunkard vents into the open.
Last time I went to the Premier League you couldn't buy alcohol during the game, except in the Corporate Area has this changed?

Most grounds allow it but you cannot have a beer in am area where you can see the game. Exec boxes are allowed as long as you're behind the glass.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Knightsmulti wrote:
At the Fulham v Burnley game we went to this time last year you could buy beer you just couldn’t bring it to your seat . We are in the neutral area next to the Burnley fans , and there were a lot of bulk buys and last minute skulls going on next to us.