Division 1 C grade sides

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Thomas Hassler
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Division 1 C grade sides

Post by Thomas Hassler »

It was my understanding that if a club was in division 1 they needed to field a c grade side. Obviously this is not the case because Ghan do not a have a C team. Speaking to a referee before a templin cup game he also was of this assumption because he speculated that was the reason Salisbury Inter were not fielding a o/35 this year, as to push those players to the c grade so they could remain in div 1.

Does anybody out there in football forum land know what, if any, the sassl regulations are for division 1?

Getinthere
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Division 1 C grade sides

Post by Getinthere »

No don’t need a C grade team. Southern knights played without a C grade team when they were div 1. Disappointing part is the c grade have a bye in their league where past years the league have put a different club in that division in replacement for the missing team.

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

Inter had it well for a long time but youd have to think whether they should have invested more in a junior EnD setup. Has come back to bite them?

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Don't ever recall there being any stipulation that Premier Division teams have a C-Team....generally the bigger Clubs reach the top Division because they are strong Clubs that can attract a C-Team.
Southern Knights are a smallish Club (albeit this year is their 25th SAASL season) share their ground with South Adelaide Panthers who have many junior teams and it has been difficult to find times or space to field a C-Team, hence it hasn't been something the Knights have chased (They did once have a C-Team when they were at a different ground).
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Thomas Hassler
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Thomas Hassler »

Thanks very much for the information. Greatly appreciated.

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

swannsong wrote:Don't ever recall there being any stipulation that Premier Division teams have a C-Team....generally the bigger Clubs reach the top Division because they are strong Clubs that can attract a C-Team.
Southern Knights are a smallish Club (albeit this year is their 25th SAASL season) share their ground with South Adelaide Panthers who have many junior teams and it has been difficult to find times or space to field a C-Team, hence it hasn't been something the Knights have chased (They did once have a C-Team when they were at a different ground).
From memory my understanding was (happy to stand corrected) back in the day you needed to field a 'c' team to play div1 football, but overtime smaller clubs made it to the top flight and couldn't field said 'c' team meaning the rule wasn't enforced. Has been sometime since those days though so just common practice now.
Personally I hated byes and not playing...
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Black Panther
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Black Panther »

I hated byes too, but I hated not playing because of a forfeit more.
El Paso del Norte wrote:I have the opposite problem, mine is so small you can't see it!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Jogonalex wrote:
swannsong wrote:Don't ever recall there being any stipulation that Premier Division teams have a C-Team....generally the bigger Clubs reach the top Division because they are strong Clubs that can attract a C-Team.
From memory my understanding was (happy to stand corrected) back in the day you needed to field a 'c' team to play div1 football, but overtime smaller clubs made it to the top flight and couldn't field said 'c' team meaning the rule wasn't enforced. Has been sometime since those days though so just common practice now.
Personally I hated byes and not playing...
Never recall it being a requirement to play in Division 1 (Premier Division).... a personally I believe it should never be a requirement...
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook