Happy for OM

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Happy for OM

Post by THE ORAKLE »

you can wriggle all you like but can not deny the undeniable. I was there on many occasions and glad to be big and ugly. were you one of them by any chance. :?: also I was at bloomfield road many times and I know which ground was safer. :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

THE ORAKLE wrote:you can wriggle all you like but can not deny the undeniable. I was there on many occasions and glad to be big and ugly. were you one of them by any chance. :?: also I was at bloomfield road many times and I know which ground was safer. :roll:
Depends on when you went. I may have been there.

The Den is probably the safest ground in England for away fans.

In the last 5 years how many games have been abandoned because of Millwall fans?
Same question for Blackpool fans?

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

God is an Englishman wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:you can wriggle all you like but can not deny the undeniable. I was there on many occasions and glad to be big and ugly. were you one of them by any chance. :?: also I was at bloomfield road many times and I know which ground was safer. :roll:

In the last 5 years how many games have been abandoned because of Millwall fans?

couldent say. ive been here since 1971. :|

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

THE ORAKLE wrote:

couldent say. ive been here since 1971. :|
Well then, no I wasn't there. Wasnt even born.

Well, I'll answer for you. Millwall 0

Blackpool 2

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

like I said previously blackpool had bad owners up to very recently. millwall never had this problem,only the fans were a pain. I actualy met the millwall chairman all those years ago. seemed a real nice bloke. he was greek his name began with p and he had a ladies clothing business. blackpools a great place,i had my first honeymoon there. cheers. :)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

THE ORAKLE wrote:like I said previously blackpool had bad owners up to very recently. millwall never had this problem,only the fans were a pain. I actualy met the millwall chairman all those years ago. seemed a real nice bloke. he was greek his name began with p and he had a ladies clothing business. blackpools a great place,i had my first honeymoon there. cheers. :)

Millwall never had bad owners :lol: You're speaking about one of them - Theo Pathitis.

Facts are simple - Blackpool fans have got 2 games abandoned in recent times, numerous pitch invasion, missiles thrown on the pitch, flares set off.

Blackpool's a complete cabernet hole.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

I bow to your greater knowledge on mr pathitis. I only met him once,briefly. I would never condone a pitch invasion.i was involved as a player on a couple of occasions. the blackpool pitch incursions you speak of was in sheer frustration at the antics of the oystons/owners who were bleeding the club dry. have you ever been to blackpool, :?: it is a great place to visit. you must know thousands visit every year. I wonder where old master is. :?: I thought he would have come in with his twopence worth by now.cheers. :)

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

THE ORAKLE wrote:I bow to your greater knowledge on mr pathitis. I only met him once,briefly. I would never condone a pitch invasion.i was involved as a player on a couple of occasions. the blackpool pitch incursions you speak of was in sheer frustration at the antics of the oystons/owners who were bleeding the club dry. have you ever been to blackpool, :?: it is a great place to visit. you must know thousands visit every year. I wonder where old master is. :?: I thought he would have come in with his twopence worth by now.cheers. :)

I agree there have been some problems with Blackpool over recent seasons but only a handful of similar problems over it's history.

Millwall, however, has a long history of violence and troublesome behaviour by it's fans, as even giae knows full well.

He's just doing his usual troll act on this topic which is why I have chosen not to indulge him lately, I have had much more interesting things to do.

By the way, I was Born & Bred in Blackpool but had to move to find a better future as there were very few year round employment opportunities there.

I was 'head-hunted' for a job here, which didn't eventuate thanks to Gough Witless, but I still manged to achieve a standard of living I could never have had there.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

And accused me of being a troll when asked for back up to his lies.

Come on, I want to hear about all this Millwall trouble at Everton. Then of course the 2nd incident as well.

Call is what you want but I will always call out your lies.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

THE ORAKLE wrote:I bow to your greater knowledge on mr pathitis. I only met him once,briefly. I would never condone a pitch invasion.i was involved as a player on a couple of occasions. the blackpool pitch incursions you speak of was in sheer frustration at the antics of the oystons/owners who were bleeding the club dry. have you ever been to blackpool, :?: it is a great place to visit. you must know thousands visit every year. I wonder where old master is. :?: I thought he would have come in with his twopence worth by now.cheers. :)

Blackpool regularly comes VERY high up the list of the worst places to live in England.

Blackpool has been named the drug capital of England, even nicknamed Crackpool.

Blackpool named one of the most deprived areas in England.

Blackpool has one of the highest rates of "early death" in England.

Oh yeah, it's lovely there.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Blackpool regularly comes VERY high up the list of the worst places to live in England.

i will do a giae on this and say ive never heard of any of that. have you OM. :?:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

THE ORAKLE wrote:

i will do a giae on this and say ive never heard of any of that. have you OM. :?:
I will provide links tomorrow.

I bet OM can't provide links to his lies.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Oh yeah, it's lovely there.[/quote]

i will do a giae on this and say ive never heard of any of that. have you OM. :?:[/quote]

I bet OM can't provide links to his lies.[/quote]

Actually giae is, unfortunately, correct in his statement about Blackpool's problems of late.

It was on a program on TV a year or so ago about the effects of mass unemployment and the London based government's attempts to reduce drug violence in the capital by relocating the worst offenders in Northern towns and hoping no one would notice.

This started in the Thatcher years, after the Falklands war, when many former service men struggled to deal with the after effects of the conflict and took to drugs - receiving little or no help from the people who sent them there.

The permanent population of Blackpool was about 150,000 when I left in 1974 and is now more than double that - the problem being that most work is seasonal and there are very few all year round jobs - which is why I left.

It was a great place to grow up when I was a child but offered nothing in the way of long term work prospects. as wages were low and offered little permanence.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

don't be too harsh on blackpool , you might get called racist !
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Old Master wrote:Actually giae is, unfortunately, correct in his statement about Blackpool's problems of late.

It was on a program on TV a year or so ago about the effects of mass unemployment and the London based government's attempts to reduce drug violence in the capital by relocating the worst offenders in Northern towns and hoping no one would notice.

This started in the Thatcher years, after the Falklands war, when many former service men struggled to deal with the after effects of the conflict and took to drugs - receiving little or no help from the people who sent them there.

The permanent population of Blackpool was about 150,000 when I left in 1974 and is now more than double that - the problem being that most work is seasonal and there are very few all year round jobs - which is why I left.

It was a great place to grow up when I was a child but offered nothing in the way of long term work prospects. as wages were low and offered little permanence.
Hmm... It would seem that your figures may not be accurate

Population growth in Blackpool since 1951
Year Pop. ±% p.a.
1951 144,199 —
1961 153,452 +0.62%
1971 149,417 −0.27%
1981 138,599 −0.75%
1991 145,997 +0.52%
2001 142,193 −0.26%
2011 142,065 −0.01%
2016 139,720 −0.33%
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

So, OM has posted and still no back up to his lies.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

Actually giae is, unfortunately, correct in his statement about Blackpool's problems of late.

This is one of the funniest things you've ever posted. Its all Thatchers fault. You were doing so well when you said I was right and then you blew it.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Old Master wrote:Blackpool regularly comes VERY high up the list of the worst places to live in England.

i will do a giae on this and say ive never heard of any of that. have you OM. :?:[/quote]

I bet OM can't provide links to his lies.[/quote]

It was a great place to grow up when I was a child but offered nothing in the way of long term work prospects. as wages were low and offered little permanence.[/quote]

oh bugga so hes right then. what a shame i loved blackpool with so many fond memories. :(

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

THE ORAKLE wrote:

oh bugga so hes right then. what a shame i loved blackpool with so many fond memories. :(
I always am.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

THE ORAKLE wrote:

I always am.

my first wife was never wrong either. even when she was. :wink:

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Raich Carter wrote:
Old Master wrote:Actually giae is, unfortunately, correct in his statement about Blackpool's problems of late.

Hmm... It would seem that your figures may not be accurate

Population growth in Blackpool since 1951
Year Pop. ±% p.a.
1951 144,199 —
1961 153,452 +0.62%
1971 149,417 −0.27%
1981 138,599 −0.75%
1991 145,997 +0.52%
2001 142,193 −0.26%
2011 142,065 −0.01%
2016 139,720 −0.33%

One thing about facts and figures is that they can easily be skewed and misinterpreted if they don't account for other factors.

Blackpool used to be the council area for Blackpool, Lytham, St Annes, Thornton, Cleveleys and Poulton-Le-Fylde districts.

These days Blackpool council area includes Blackpool, Thornton & Cleveleys.

Lytham and St Annes is now a council of its own, called Lytham St Annes and Poulton-Le-Fylde is now part of the Fylde Council area, which includes a number of what used to be small villages (or Hamlets), such as Garstang, Weeton, Warton and a few others.

That is why the figures make it appear that Blackpool's population has stagnated or reduced.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Dave from Number 12 wrote:don't be too harsh on blackpool , you might get called racist !

you are right dave. thats what happens these days. the worlds gone bloody backwards. killed british humour dead. :(

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
Dave from Number 12 wrote:don't be too harsh on blackpool , you might get called racist !

you are right dave. thats what happens these days. the worlds gone bloody backwards. killed british humour dead. :(

also let us not forget blacktown in sydney. is it still ok to be white. just asking. :?: :?: :?: