Refs wearing black

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Refs wearing black

Post by Jogonalex »

Heard this morning that the referees are wearing black this year (shorts and socks) and will make any team wearing black change! Has anyone else heard this??
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Refs wearing black

Post by bench-warmer »

Jogonalex wrote:Heard this morning that the referees are wearing black this year (shorts and socks) and will make any team wearing black change! Has anyone else heard this??
They do this every couple of years. Everyone gets shouty on both sides, especially GIAE ;), sanity eventually prevails, and the league or clubs agree to buy the refs an extra coloured top, and we get on with it.
Because everyone needs one.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

bench-warmer wrote:
Jogonalex wrote:Heard this morning that the referees are wearing black this year (shorts and socks) and will make any team wearing black change! Has anyone else heard this??
They do this every couple of years. Everyone gets shouty on both sides, especially GIAE ;), sanity eventually prevails, and the league or clubs agree to buy the refs an extra coloured top, and we get on with it.

Haha how many years has it been since this last raised its head?
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Who was it last time that owes me many beers when it was shown that I was right?

I can’t see this would only be raising its head now. Clubs may have just bought new black kits.

However, refs should wear black.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

God is an Englishman wrote:Who was it last time that owes me many beers when it was shown that I was right?

I can’t see this would only be raising its head now. Clubs may have just bought new black kits.

However, refs should wear black.

absolutely agree with you on this giae. all refs should wear black. its traditional. :|

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bench-warmer »

Now where is that fishing emoticon??
Because everyone needs one.