FA Cup 2018/19

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 18307
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Millwall have closed a section of The Den to deal with problematic fans.


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... clash.html
Cage
Millwall charged by FA after alleged racist chanting during FA Cup tie with Everton

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... e-everton/

User avatar
Michael
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1348
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Michael »

ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Millwall have closed a section of The Den to deal with problematic fans.


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... clash.html
Cage
Millwall charged by FA after alleged racist chanting during FA Cup tie with Everton

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... e-everton/

So whats the punishment??
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45132
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by God is an Englishman »

You have to be found guilty before they can punish you?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Michael
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1348
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Michael »

God is an Englishman wrote:You have to be found guilty before they can punish you?

No, You don't!
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45132
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by God is an Englishman »

Michael wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:You have to be found guilty before they can punish you?

No, You don't!
Please show me an example of when the FA have punished a club before they were found guilty.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Hanai Miri
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:40 am

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Hanai Miri »

God is an Englishman wrote:Please show me an example of when the FA have punished a club before they were found guilty.
You often say rangers were not guilty when they were relegated to the Scottish third division. So were they guilty or were they not punished?
You can call me Nurse Miri

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14192
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 9 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Champions at last »

Hanai Miri wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Please show me an example of when the FA have punished a club before they were found guilty.
You often say rangers were not guilty when they were relegated to the Scottish third division. So were they guilty or were they not punished?
I will help him on this.

Rangers is not The FA
What he thinks and what the authorities decide is not the same.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45132
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by God is an Englishman »

I liked being on top wrote:
Hanai Miri wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Please show me an example of when the FA have punished a club before they were found guilty.
You often say rangers were not guilty when they were relegated to the Scottish third division. So were they guilty or were they not punished?
I will help him on this.

Rangers is not The FA
What he thinks and what the authorities decide is not the same.
What he said
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Guinness Farts
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:10 am

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Guinness Farts »

It's an FA.

So were they guiilty or not punished?

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45132
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by God is an Englishman »

Guinness Farts wrote:It's an FA.

So were they guiilty or not punished?
An FA, and nothing to do with the country being discussed.

However, they were found guilty and they were punished.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56291
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Bomber »

Man City - talk about getting the rub of the green lately.

How is it that VAR allowed at some grounds, not at others? So much for level playing fields.....
Ignore this signature

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45132
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by God is an Englishman »

20 seconds from another trip to Wembley.

On the plus side, man city would have been embarrassing.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16977
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:Man City - talk about getting the rub of the green lately.

How is it that VAR allowed at some grounds, not at others? So much for level playing fields.....
Because the PL will have it from next season, all those grounds have been cleared by the FA and set up for its use, but Swansea would have had to apply seperately which they chose not to do.

Given some of the decisions Liverpool have been the beneficiary of this season, it’s a bit rich to be complaining :wink:
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56291
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:Man City - talk about getting the rub of the green lately.

How is it that VAR allowed at some grounds, not at others? So much for level playing fields.....
Because the PL will have it from next season, all those grounds have been cleared by the FA and set up for its use, but Swansea would have had to apply seperately which they chose not to do.

Given some of the decisions Liverpool have been the beneficiary of this season, it’s a bit rich to be complaining :wink:
Will you please stay on topic. This is about the FA Cup!! :P
Ignore this signature

Old Master
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7057
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Old Master »

Millwall fans in trouble again at Everton - that's twice this season at least.
What did you say about Blackpool fans being the worst. :oops:
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45132
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:Millwall fans in trouble again at Everton - that's twice this season at least.
What did you say about Blackpool fans being the worst. :oops:

Not heard this one, what have Millwall done at Everton?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14192
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 9 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Champions at last »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:Man City - talk about getting the rub of the green lately.

How is it that VAR allowed at some grounds, not at others? So much for level playing fields.....
Because the PL will have it from next season, all those grounds have been cleared by the FA and set up for its use, but Swansea would have had to apply seperately which they chose not to do.

Given some of the decisions Liverpool have been the beneficiary of this season, it’s a bit rich to be complaining :wink:
If the game was last season they would have had VAR there. The lack of VAR could have helped Swansea as much as it did city of course!
back to Liverpool Cyril, why didn’t Salah get a penalty v Bayern? Was it because he stayed on his feet?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16977
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I liked being on top wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:Man City - talk about getting the rub of the green lately.

How is it that VAR allowed at some grounds, not at others? So much for level playing fields.....
Because the PL will have it from next season, all those grounds have been cleared by the FA and set up for its use, but Swansea would have had to apply seperately which they chose not to do.

Given some of the decisions Liverpool have been the beneficiary of this season, it’s a bit rich to be complaining :wink:
If the game was last season they would have had VAR there. The lack of VAR could have helped Swansea as much as it did city of course!
back to Liverpool Cyril, why didn’t Salah get a penalty v Bayern? Was it because he stayed on his feet?
If my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle.

Salah’s a diver, can’t wait to fall over when he’s in the box, but I agree that officials don’t help when they don’t give obvious penalties, it just encourages players to simulate and exaggerate contact.
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14192
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 9 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Champions at last »

Nice One Cyril wrote: If my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle.

Salah’s a diver, can’t wait to fall over when he’s in the box, but I agree that officials don’t help when they don’t give obvious penalties, it just encourages players to simulate and exaggerate contact.

Yet he has never been booked for simulation unlike someone from Spurs.....just saying. He makes the most of being fouled to ensure refs don’t miss it. Massive difference to being a tool like those who are booked. Suarez certainly dived - but he isn’t a lfc later, so I am happy to cricticise him now!

For the record, I wish players didn’t ‘buy’ penalties and I think VAR will stop it fouls are still given when players do stay vertical. Like Salah v Bayern.

ozzie owl
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 18307
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by ozzie owl »

I liked being on top wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote: If my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle.

Salah’s a diver, can’t wait to fall over when he’s in the box, but I agree that officials don’t help when they don’t give obvious penalties, it just encourages players to simulate and exaggerate contact.

Yet he has never been booked for simulation unlike someone from Spurs.....just saying. He makes the most of being fouled to ensure refs don’t miss it. Massive difference to being a tool like those who are booked. Suarez certainly dived - but he isn’t a lfc later, so I am happy to cricticise him now!

For the record, I wish players didn’t ‘buy’ penalties and I think VAR will stop it fouls are still given when players do stay vertical. Like Salah v Bayern.
20 teams in the EPL and only one has no divers :wink:

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3299
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by THE ORAKLE »

I liked being on top wrote:
Hanai Miri wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Please show me an example of when the FA have punished a club before they were found guilty.
You often say rangers were not guilty when they were relegated to the Scottish third division. So were they guilty or were they not punished?
I will help him on this.

Rangers is not The FA
What he thinks and what the authorities decide is not the same.

the scottish FA is run by tims/catholics. first chance they got and they were in. talk about cutting their noses to spite their faces. nuff said. :roll:

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14192
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 9 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Champions at last »

ozzie owl wrote:
I liked being on top wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote: If my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle.

Salah’s a diver, can’t wait to fall over when he’s in the box, but I agree that officials don’t help when they don’t give obvious penalties, it just encourages players to simulate and exaggerate contact.

Yet he has never been booked for simulation unlike someone from Spurs.....just saying. He makes the most of being fouled to ensure refs don’t miss it. Massive difference to being a tool like those who are booked. Suarez certainly dived - but he isn’t a lfc later, so I am happy to cricticise him now!

For the record, I wish players didn’t ‘buy’ penalties and I think VAR will stop it fouls are still given when players do stay vertical. Like Salah v Bayern.
20 teams in the EPL and only one has no divers :wink:
?

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3299
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by THE ORAKLE »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:Millwall fans in trouble again at Everton - that's twice this season at least.
What did you say about Blackpool fans being the worst. :oops:

Not heard this one, what have Millwall done at Everton?

selective hearing. :?: why does this not surprise me. :wink:

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45132
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by God is an Englishman »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:Millwall fans in trouble again at Everton - that's twice this season at least.
What did you say about Blackpool fans being the worst. :oops:

Not heard this one, what have Millwall done at Everton?

selective hearing. :?: why does this not surprise me. :wink:
Or it's been made up. I'm sure if it isn't just made up then I'm sure he can provide a link to it.

However, I know for a fact that Millwall have not had any issues at Everton this year. OM's either an idiot or he's lying.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3299
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by THE ORAKLE »

all I know about OM is that he lived in blackpool. I assume you lived around Clapham common and I came from Manchester. 8)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16977
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Nice One Cyril »

THE ORAKLE wrote:all I know about OM is that he lived in blackpool. I assume you lived around Clapham common and I came from Manchester. 8)
GIAE comes from Gillingham :wink:
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14192
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 9 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by Champions at last »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:all I know about OM is that he lived in blackpool. I assume you lived around Clapham common and I came from Manchester. 8)
GIAE comes from Gillingham :wink:
Royal Tunbridge Wells I believe.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45132
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by God is an Englishman »

THE ORAKLE wrote:all I know about OM is that he lived in blackpool. I assume you lived around Clapham common and I came from Manchester. 8)
Clapham Common would be Chelsea.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45132
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by God is an Englishman »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:all I know about OM is that he lived in blackpool. I assume you lived around Clapham common and I came from Manchester. 8)
GIAE comes from Gillingham :wink:
Oh, there's limits to personal abuse.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45132
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup 2018/19

Post by God is an Englishman »

I liked being on top wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:all I know about OM is that he lived in blackpool. I assume you lived around Clapham common and I came from Manchester. 8)
GIAE comes from Gillingham :wink:
Royal Tunbridge Wells I believe.

Lived there, not from there.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

Post Reply