Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Liverpool

Post by alwaysoffside »

Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:When did Liverpool sign the linesman?
Just before the transfer window shut. We tried to get the ref but way too expensive
Classic

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:When did Liverpool sign the linesman?
Just before the transfer window shut. We tried to get the ref but way too expensive
That’s why Klopp was complaining about him :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote::oops: Lucky once again??

Liverpool are now workmanlike and hard to beat but lacking the required craft. How much did they end up paying for keita when their game was crying out for a spark like coutinho
:lol: I wonder if you’ll get a bite.

TBH I’ve long thought that their team revolves around Firmino, but he had a real off night and looks like he needs a rest.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Liverpool are now workmanlike and hard to beat but lacking the required craft. How much did they end up paying for keita when their game was crying out for a spark like coutinho

TBH I’ve long thought that their team revolves around Firmino, but he had a real off night and looks like he needs a rest.
We missed Gini, Trent, Gomez, Henderson and our replacement for
Gomez (Lovren).
Not great but still only a point worse than a week ago.

We are lacking sparkle and have for a couple of weeks, nothing to do with one or two individuals playing badly.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I liked being on top wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

We missed Gini, Trent, Gomez, Henderson and our replacement for
Gomez (Lovren).
Not great but still only a point worse than a week ago.

We are lacking sparkle and have for a couple of weeks, nothing to do with one or two individuals playing badly.
:lol: You're lacking sparkle precisely because one or two individuals have gone slightly off their game, it doesn't take a lot at that level and it's now that squad depth is really tested. Spurs are in the same boat.

Besides, an away point is not the worst result in the World.
Danny Blanchflower

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Nice One Cyril wrote:[

I bet the Roar were thinking that with a minute to go :)

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
:lol: You're lacking sparkle precisely because one or two individuals have gone slightly off their game, it doesn't take a lot at that level and it's now that squad depth is really tested. Spurs are in the same boat.

We have changed our style - it’s our best (I think) ever points tally after this number of games,so I shouldn’t say we are doing anything wrong, but Firmino upfront is the way we should set up IMO.

That helps Salah too.
So I am ‘blaming’ the system more than the players.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

We have changed our style - it’s our best (I think) ever points tally after this number of games,so I shouldn’t say we are doing anything wrong, but Firmino upfront is the way we should set up IMO.

That helps Salah too.
So you're blaming Klopp??
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

That helps Salah too.
So you're blaming Klopp??
Him and backroom team. Even when we have been winning with the system I don't like it, but it's working . So I am happy to be wrong.

realfootballman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by realfootballman »

I wonder if Liverpool have gone too hard in the first half of the season, a fantastic start but at the same time have they got enough in the tank to get themselves over the line.

Then again if they win on Saturday, then a 'blip' of just two matches is not all that bad and the momentum can begin again.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

realfootballman wrote:I wonder if Liverpool have gone too hard in the first half of the season, a fantastic start but at the same time have they got enough in the tank to get themselves over the line.

Then again if they win on Saturday, then a 'blip' of just two matches is not all that bad and the momentum can begin again.
It’s the same every year at this time, there’s a lot of matches, especially for those left in several cups, tiredness, injuries and suspensions are taking their toll and your squad depth gets severely tested. Leicester didn’t have a great squad but were incredibly lucky with injuries (and a few decisions here and there), however that’s not the norm. City definitely have the required depth and Liverpool and Spurs do not but the reality is that you need luck to get over the line, it’s a tough league.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

realfootballman wrote:I wonder if Liverpool have gone too hard in the first half of the season, a fantastic start but at the same time have they got enough in the tank to get themselves over the line.

If Liverpool are tired there is a problem. One game a week in Jan is perfect.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

minor hiccup, a win/draw on the weekend will put them back on top.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

That helps Salah too.
Maybe send Klopp your game plan. :wink:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Another wrong decision goes Liverpool’s way. I wonder if Klopp will be praising the officials this week.

Firmino once again the orchestrator.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:Another wrong decision goes Liverpool’s way. I wonder if Klopp will be praising the officials this week.

Gini was the best to me. But again an overall good team performance. It's great our play is so quick linesman can't keep up.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Another wrong decision goes Liverpool’s way. I wonder if Klopp will be praising the officials this week.

Gini was the best to me. But again an overall good team performance. It's great our play is so quick linesman can't keep up.
Klopp must be dreading VAR
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Klopp must be dreading VAR
I will bite.

We would have probably beaten Leicester as there was a penalty for us which VAR would have given. Swings, roundabouts and all that.....

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Klopp must be dreading VAR
I will bite.

We would have probably beaten Leicester as there was a penalty for us which VAR would have given. Swings, roundabouts and all that.....
:lol: I actually don’t mind teams that are playing good football getting a bit of luck here and there, but I do it a bit hypocritical when the manager then complains about not getting every decision.
Danny Blanchflower

realfootballman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by realfootballman »

They look back in the groove after that performance against Bournemouth

I guess it's over to you Manchester City....

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Klopp must be dreading VAR
I will bite.

:lol: I actually don’t mind teams that are playing good football getting a bit of luck here and there, but I do it a bit hypocritical when the manager then complains about not getting every decision.
I ignore what they say, I take the bits about my own team (injury updates and performance opinion) but the rest is meaningless in my mind.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

realfootballman wrote:They look back in the groove after that performance against Bournemouth

I guess it's over to you Manchester City....

They smashed Chelsea 6-0!
This EPL title has suddenly turned exciting, I wonder which team or coach will crack first...
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Hirohito
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Hirohito »

Kevin Keegan at newcastle... memories.
POLONIAROCS wrote:Yes SAASL is so much greater than NPL.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

It gave me no joy to observe the pain on Klopp and the Liverpool players faces as they bottled yet another shot at glory last night. It’s the wonderful fans I feel sorry for.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH wrote:It gave me no joy to observe the pain on Klopp and the Liverpool players faces as they bottled yet another shot at glory last night. It’s the wonderful fans I feel sorry for.
You need to get back to trolling school, and re learn how to do it better.
Only a complete imbecile or fool would say the team top of the league have bottled something.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

N5 1BH wrote:It gave me no joy to observe the pain on Klopp and the Liverpool players faces as they bottled yet another shot at glory last night. It’s the wonderful fans I feel sorry for.
Only a complete imbecile or fool would say the team top of the league have bottled something.

Liverpool would be very happy to take a point away at OH!
The title rests in their hands now, I bet their hoping they DON't do a Gerrard again!

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Michael wrote:

Liverpool would be very happy to take a point away at OH!
The title rests in their hands now, I bet their hoping they DON't do a Gerrard again!
it's been in our hands for a long time.....

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

A fair self analysis

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

N5 1BH wrote:A fair self analysis