Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before World C

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before World C

Post by eagleboy »

Australia's women's World Cup preparations have been dealt a major blow with coach Alen Stajcic stood down from his position on Saturday by Football Federation Australia.

A press conference has been called for midday, where FFA chairman Chris Nikou and chief executive David Gallop will announced Stajcic will not continue as Matildas coach, despite overseeing one of their most successful eras.
Sources have confirmed the coach's tenure will end immediately. Stajcic was appointed Matildas coach in 2014.
Gallop would not comment on speculation on the coaching upheaval when asked on Friday.
"I cannot make any comment other than I can confirm that we are in the process of looking at all aspects of the Matildas preparation in this critical period as we look towards the great opportunity and challenge of being a genuine contender to win the women's World Cup," Gallop said.
The Matildas enter June's Women's World Cup as one of the title contenders, having landed a place among the top six seeded nations at the tournament.
Australia are set to face New Zealand, South Korea and Argentina in the tournament of nations on home soil, beginning on February 8 before facing the US in a friendly ahead of their 2019 World Cup where they will be pitted against Italy, Jamaica and Brazil in the group stage.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Matildas coach Alen Stajcic stood down months before Wor

Post by Brian the Postman »

eagleboy wrote:Australia's women's World Cup preparations have been dealt a major blow with coach Alen Stajcic stood down from his position on Saturday by Football Federation Australia.

A press conference has been called for midday, where FFA chairman Chris Nikou and chief executive David Gallop will announced Stajcic will not continue as Matildas coach, despite overseeing one of their most successful eras.
Sources have confirmed the coach's tenure will end immediately. Stajcic was appointed Matildas coach in 2014.
Gallop would not comment on speculation on the coaching upheaval when asked on Friday.
"I cannot make any comment other than I can confirm that we are in the process of looking at all aspects of the Matildas preparation in this critical period as we look towards the great opportunity and challenge of being a genuine contender to win the women's World Cup," Gallop said.
The Matildas enter June's Women's World Cup as one of the title contenders, having landed a place among the top six seeded nations at the tournament.
Australia are set to face New Zealand, South Korea and Argentina in the tournament of nations on home soil, beginning on February 8 before facing the US in a friendly ahead of their 2019 World Cup where they will be pitted against Italy, Jamaica and Brazil in the group stage.

Personally I think there are massive cultural issues in the women’s game from grass roots level all the way up to the Matilda’s.

This is the second coach to be usurped by the players, along with the regular code hoppers pointing to a me first mentality from the players.
It's all in the Delivery!

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Interesting reading.... and let's see what else comes of this .

Gallop said the decision was based on the results of two confidential surveys as well as discussions with players and staff.

“The ultimate responsibility for leading the team environment and driving change in culture and environment rests with the head coach. We no longer feel confident Alen is the right person to lead the team and the staff,” Gallop said.

“There’s definitely some serious findings from the surveys and discussions and a view that things have deteriorated in recent times.

“It’s fair to say that workplace issues around the culture of the set-up but it’s difficult to go into specifics.”

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Brian the Postman wrote:
eagleboy wrote:Australia's women's World Cup preparations have been dealt a major blow with coach Alen Stajcic stood down from his position on Saturday by Football Federation Australia.

Personally I think there are massive cultural issues in the women’s game from grass roots level all the way up to the Matilda’s.

This is the second coach to be usurped by the players, along with the regular code hoppers pointing to a me first mentality from the players.
would you care to elaborate on what kind of cultural issues?

it seems the players didn't mutiny against this coach

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

"Gender survey conducted by women's advocacy group" mentioned. I'm sure that had no influence on the decision. :P
Ignore this signature

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

zzz wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:

would you care to elaborate on what kind of cultural issues?

it seems the players didn't mutiny against this coach
I’m not suggesting that the coach is the source of the cultural issues.

I think there’s a false sense of entitlement in the women’s game that leads to behaviours such as the survey.

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Bomber wrote:"Gender survey conducted by women's advocacy group" mentioned. I'm sure that had no influence on the decision. :P
I'm sure it didn't.

Gallop wanted to get rid of Stajcic and needed a reason. Solution: conduct a survey that always finds the man guilty.

#ethniccleansing

fossil
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by fossil »

gallop is making the FFA another basket case like the NRL, who give a rats if the issues are there, how about win a cup and the take care of it. learning someones new coaching style now is a joke

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

zzz wrote:
Bomber wrote:"Gender survey conducted by women's advocacy group" mentioned. I'm sure that had no influence on the decision. :P
I'm sure it didn't.

Gallop wanted to get rid of Stajcic and needed a reason. Solution: conduct a survey that always finds the man guilty.

#ethniccleansing

Why is gallop to blame if the PFA instigated the survey?

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by alwaysoffside »

zzz wrote:
I'm sure it didn't.

#ethniccleansing

#ethniccleasing LOL
The audit was conducted by the players association and a women’s advocacy group not Gallop

#youhaveamassivechip

PS guess where Alen Stajcic was born

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Brian the Postman wrote:
zzz wrote:
I'm sure it didn't.

#ethniccleansing

Why is gallop to blame if the PFA instigated the survey?
the CEO has to approve any such survey

this was a witch hunt

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Cultural is a very broad statement and can mean lots to many. What are the cultural issues you allude to that is exclusively in the women's camp? I'm interested to know.
Brian the Postman wrote:

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Entitlement? I think its called respect and equity. Speak to the players and listen to their stories. If it were about the money then none would be playing. It's about being spoken about in the same glowing terms our Socceroos or Joeys are being spoken about. With respect and acknowledgement of the same level of commitment. Training. Sacrifices and preparation to their game as anyone of the Socceroos and Joeys players.

Is it a sense of entitlement? If that's the word you use then yep.

A sentence for you to ponder.

A cleaner as NASA was one asked by a visitor/manager as to what he did. He said I am working to put a man on the moon. A Cleaner is just as important to the strategic objectives of NSASA as is an engineer or astronaut. Listen to the Astronauts upon their landing on the moon....they thanked everyone and anyone involved.

I think there’s a false sense of entitlement in the women’s game that leads to behaviours such as the survey.[/quote]

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

To sack a coach and successful one at that based on a survey sounds implausible. There has to have been something major that the coach has done that breached some code of ethics. If it was something else why then pick the coach out to sack or make example of.?
Was Stajic offered the choice of resigning ?

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

eagleboy wrote:To sack a coach and successful one at that based on a survey sounds implausible. There has to have been something major that the coach has done that breached some code of ethics. If it was something else why then pick the coach out to sack or make example of.?
Was Stajic offered the choice of resigning ?
They wouldn’t have done it on a whim.

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

there are feminists within the FFA organisation as well as ex board members and some in the media with an agenda

this doesn't include most of the players

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

zzz wrote:there are feminists within the FFA organisation as well as ex board members and some in the media with an agenda

This decision would have been made by the current board.

Who were voted in by the expanded congress (incl women’s game and PFA).

You can’t keep blaming the Lowys.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

zzz wrote:there are feminists within the FFA organisation as well as ex board members and some in the media with an agenda

Please explain and name.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Interesting assumption that you have in regard your concerns with women and board members being involved in a women's competition. :?

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Brian the Postman wrote:

This decision would have been made by the current board.

Who were voted in by the expanded congress (incl women’s game and PFA).

You can’t keep blaming the Lowys.
Do you have any idea about anything?

Nikou is a Lowy puppet and its business as usual at FFA. Federations and unions were created by the Lowys just to provide voting blocs that were sympathetic to their agenda.
The whole election was a number crunching exercise and the expected smoked filled room power brokers were able to seize control.

Nothing has changed at the FFA other than there are now no Lowys sitting on the board.

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

eagleboy wrote:

Interesting assumption that you have in regard your concerns with women and board members being involved in a women's competition. :?
not all women are feminists so don't paint me with that brush Karl

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Last edited by zzz on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Who are football today?

Also, Rabieh Krayam ?????

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Brian the Postman wrote:
Who are football today?

Krayem was the Fury chairman.

you've never heard of Bonita Mersiades?

delete your account

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Well Said Zzz
Whenever we run of ammo we resort to:
1) Bunch of idiots
2) Feminist agenda
3) Ethnic based clubs
4) Cultural issues
5) He’s or she’s an idiot
Facts are, there is always more to a story and any decisions that occur in a sporting club (or business) are generally devoid of by-plays ie female or male agenda etc. To bring that into the equation is tantamount to comment for comment sake on the basis that it cannot be quantified.
This decision (right or wrong) needs to be played out so that the innocent are castigated.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

zzz wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:
Who are football today?

Krayem was the Fury chairman.

you've never heard of Bonita Mersiades?

delete your account
No I have heard of Rabieh Krayam, I’m just surprised that anyone would use him as a credible football source.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

billy the kid wrote:Well Said Zzz
1) Bunch of idiots
2) Feminist agenda
3) Ethnic based clubs
4) Cultural issues
Facts are, there is always more to a story and any decisions that occur in a sporting club (or business) are generally devoid of by-plays ie female or male agenda etc. To bring that into the equation is tantamount to comment for comment sake on the basis that it cannot be quantified.
This decision (right or wrong) needs to be played out so that the innocent are castigated.
WTF? Innocent need to be castigated?

Bottom line, people are just seeking transparency given the supposed enormity of the decision and the so-called reasons behind the decision.

Just say it FFS!

Usually the only reason you don't publicly state reason for a sacking is that you'd be scared of litigation, so if the door is ajar for such, and meaning there might be some doubt to the "facts", then perhaps the decision was made in haste?
Ignore this signature

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Brian the Postman wrote: No I have heard of Rabieh Krayam, I’m just surprised that anyone would use him as a credible football source.
he's not the source you dope
read the thread on twitter

nothing to do with Krayem

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

billy the kid wrote:Well Said Zzz
1) Bunch of idiots
2) Feminist agenda
3) Ethnic based clubs
4) Cultural issues
the f**k are you talking about?

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

zzz wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote: No I have heard of Rabieh Krayam, I’m just surprised that anyone would use him as a credible football source.
he's not the source you dope
read the thread on twitter

Gatt caught Reid in a lie
nothing to do with Krayem

You are so bottle of shiraz dumb.

Your parents have to be brother and sister