Rangers v Celtic

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Rangers v Celtic

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Bomber wrote:Its a HUGE derby but to me the only gloss off is the fact they play each other so many times these days.
I know you are older than me, but its been like this nearly enough all my life - started in about 1975!

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Bomber wrote:Its a HUGE derby but to me the only gloss off is the fact they play each other so many times these days.
To a certain extent I agree with you but that is because of the SPL set up with only 12 teams and the play-off format plus the chance of meeting in the Scottish and League Cups. Add to that the demise of Rangers in recent seasons as that all had a negative effect and understandably so.
Putting these things aside I feel the fixture will be further devalued if the away support is not allowed to reclaim a larger piece of the ticket allocation. For the first time in history the Rangers' board (under their Chairman Dave King) vastly reduced the away support. Celtic only received 800 tickets and IMO this should not have been allowed to happen. Celtic will respond (rightly or wrongly) with a similar approach for the next fixture at Celtic Park.
Both clubs could fill each of their respective stadiums outright for these clashes but this lacks respect and sporting integrity. Half the battle and the thrill is to stick it to the opposing fans on the day and I believe this decision tarnishes the fixture. Hopefully common sense will prevail but can't see any dialogue until after the next game so it is played out in an even fashion.

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

Old Master wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Chris Sutton was spot on.

Glad to see the good guys get the win.

If ever there was a 'Mickey Mouse' competition, it has to be the Scottish 'Premier' League since Rangers went bust and were relegated.
It was a one-club league for the time between.

And Sutton wouldn't know anything about quality, even if it hit him on the head, which was about the only way he ever scored. :lol: :P

Wrong. They were liquidated and the new club commenced in the fourth tier.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy wrote:
Old Master wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Chris Sutton was spot on.

Glad to see the good guys get the win.

If ever there was a 'Mickey Mouse' competition, it has to be the Scottish 'Premier' League since Rangers went bust and were relegated.
It was a one-club league for the time between.

And Sutton wouldn't know anything about quality, even if it hit him on the head, which was about the only way he ever scored. :lol: :P

Wrong. They were liquidated and the new club commenced in the fourth tier.
If they were liquidated, why did they pay the debts of the "old" club?

Did celtic become a new club when they changed the ownership name in 1994?

Why does the SFA, UEFA etc.. all consider them to be the same club?

How does it feel knowing you're still not close to their number of titles?

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

Wrong. They were liquidated and the new club commenced in the fourth tier.[/quote]

Ok, I'll bite.

You are comparing an ownership name change with liquidation? Check the Company records and get back to me with the date of incorporation of Celtic FC and Rangers FC or are just happy to go along with the myth that they are the same club and were "demoted" and not relegated. Either way....... tic toc......Liquidation II is coming again soon for the deluded Sevconians.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/18407309
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2 ... -tax-hmrc/

If they were liquidated, why did they pay the debts of the "old" club?

Did celtic become a new club when they changed the ownership name in 1994?

Why does the SFA, UEFA etc.. all consider them to be the same club?

How does it feel knowing you're still not close to their number of titles?[/quote]

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

One question "answered", just the 3 to go.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

God is an Englishman wrote:One question "answered", just the 3 to go.

put him on the list?
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Just turned on the Old Firm Derby. Celtic 1 up but them Morelos elbows Scott Brown and get sent off. Steve Gerrard needs to pack this idiot off. Highly talented but just blows up. Scott Brown is a master antagonizer and Morelos is a perfect target.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

eagleboy wrote:Just turned on the Old Firm Derby. Celtic 1 up but them Morelos elbows Scott Brown and get sent off. Steve Gerrard needs to pack this idiot off. Highly talented but just blows up. Scott Brown is a master antagonizer and Morelos is a perfect target.
Spot on. Thought Celtic would noise him up and it worked a treat! :D Brown tapped his ankle and Morelos does what he normally does (reacts and gets sent packing). Strange thing Football as Celtic should probably have been two or three up then hold the bus.......Kent gets a great equaliser and game on!
Got to give Rangers credit as they grew with ten men but they had a huge slice of fortune when Kent was not red carded for throwing a punch in (you've guessed it) Brown's face. Last 15 minutes was as frantic as I can recall of any 'Old Firm' game but this is what makes it so special. Not always the highest calibre of pure football skill on show but as for passion and commitment
it comes second to none (on and off the park).
Delighted that Celtic got the win and IMO the best player on the park (Edouard) scored and assisted for Forrest's winning goal.
Kent did show much promise in flashes and this performance will add to his value, hence Rangers hopes of signing him will diminish.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

thebeautifulgame wrote:
eagleboy wrote:Just turned on the Old Firm Derby. Celtic 1 up but them Morelos elbows Scott Brown and get sent off. Steve Gerrard needs to pack this idiot off. Highly talented but just blows up. Scott Brown is a master antagonizer and Morelos is a perfect target.
Spot on. Thought Celtic would noise him up and it worked a treat! :D Brown tapped his ankle and Morelos does what he normally does (reacts and gets sent packing). Strange thing Football as Celtic should probably have been two or three up then hold the bus.......Kent gets a great equaliser and game on!
Got to give Rangers credit as they grew with ten men but they had a huge slice of fortune when Kent was not red carded for throwing a punch in (you've guessed it) Brown's face. Last 15 minutes was as frantic as I can recall of any 'Old Firm' game but this is what makes it so special. Not always the highest calibre of pure football skill on show but as for passion and commitment
Delighted that Celtic got the win and IMO the best player on the park (Edouard) scored and assisted for Forrest's winning goal.
Kent did show much promise in flashes and this performance will add to his value, hence Rangers hopes of signing him will diminish.
Whilst we all know Morelos was a bell end for getting sucked in again, the commentators kept going on and on and on about it. We saw it, we get it.
Ignore this signature

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Bomber wrote:
thebeautifulgame wrote:
Whilst we all know Morelos was a bell end for getting sucked in again, the commentators kept going on and on and on about it. We saw it, we get it.
It s unusual for us to actually understand the commentators in Scotland. :D
Scott Brown made the issue look worst. I actually thought a yellow would be sufficient. The Kent non decision was 100% send off if seen. Pity Brown is not coming to the A League. He would be the new Muscat although not as dirty.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

you would've loved muscat if he had played for Adelaide. :wink: the spl board is made up of tims,which was why rangers punishment was so harsh according to a passionate Scottish friend of mine. unfortunately, sectarian crap is as bad as racist crap. :(

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

No wonder everyone wants to knock off Scott Brown's head all the time. He has the most punchable head in world football. It's shaped worse than Kryton's on Red Dwarf. :P
Ignore this signature

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Bomber wrote:No wonder everyone wants to knock off Scott Brown's head all the time. He has the most punchable head in world football. It's shaped worse than Kryton's on Red Dwarf. :P

So that justifies "punching" him in the face?
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:No wonder everyone wants to knock off Scott Brown's head all the time. He has the most punchable head in world football. It's shaped worse than Kryton's on Red Dwarf. :P

In his case, almost. It might get back into shape.
Ignore this signature

Hirohito
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Celtic v sevco rangers

Post by Hirohito »

Did anything exciting happen at last weekend's meeting between the two clubs?
POLONIAROCS wrote:Yes SAASL is so much greater than NPL.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Michael wrote:

Yes

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Passionate as the Old Firm Derby was , it certainly highlighted why Scottish football is struggling in Europe .

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Having seen the highlights, how did Brown stay on the pitch?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Because the Referee never sent him off! :lol:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

ozzie owl wrote:Passionate as the Old Firm Derby was , it certainly highlighted why Scottish football is struggling in Europe .

The standard is poor but the derby atmosphere brings all the emotions.

Morelos is being chased by 4 EPL clubs but Rangers are scared his transfer value will drop after many send offs. Ranger will be glad to see the back end of him and get a bit of money as well.

Black Panther
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Black Panther »

Is apathy an emotion?
El Paso del Norte wrote:I have the opposite problem, mine is so small you can't see it!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

eagleboy wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Passionate as the Old Firm Derby was , it certainly highlighted why Scottish football is struggling in Europe .

Morelos is being chased by 4 EPL clubs but Rangers are scared his transfer value will drop after many send offs. Ranger will be glad to see the back end of him and get a bit of money as well.

The atmosphere has been ruined now though, celtic gave Rangers 800 tickets. They're both going tit for tat at the moment over who can give the other one less. It is a pity _ I blame the seltic scum obviously.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

God is an Englishman wrote:
eagleboy wrote:

The atmosphere has been ruined now though, celtic gave Rangers 800 tickets. They're both going tit for tat at the moment over who can give the other one less. It is a pity _ I blame the seltic scum obviously.
True, but unlike the last match the forces of good prevailed over evil.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Good? Terrorist supporters who hate their own country?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

GIAE wrote:

The atmosphere has been ruined now though, celtic gave Rangers 800 tickets. They're both going tit for tat at the moment over who can give the other one less. It is a pity _ I blame the seltic scum obviously.[/quote]

Celtic were within their rights as Rangers set the precedent in the last fixture at Ibrox. The blame for this does not lie at Celtic's door. Now that fact has been stated I do think that the away supporters in future fixtures should receive a far bigger allocation of tickets as it is a question of sporting integrity, just as I said on this subject in an earlier post. Wonder if Rangers will be big enough to do the right thing next time round? Either way Celtic will follow accordingly and why would they be expected to do anything else?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I couldn't even see the away crowd until Rangers scored, they ran to celebrate near the corner out of camera normal view.

But 800 tickets is poor. How many do other visiting teams usually get?
Ignore this signature

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Great game for the neutral to watch, but even better when the "Good" side wins!
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Bomber wrote:I couldn't even see the away crowd until Rangers scored, they ran to celebrate near the corner out of camera normal view.

At Ibrox, Rangers gave Celtic fans 800 tickets

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:I couldn't even see the away crowd until Rangers scored, they ran to celebrate near the corner out of camera normal view.

At Ibrox, Rangers gave Celtic fans 800 tickets
That is poor also.

I think both clubs need to wake up re this issue.
Ignore this signature