Serie A

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Redeye10
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Serie A

Post by Redeye10 »

As a big fan of the Serie A and Napoli in particular, Id thought id start a thread for the game this season.
I've ben particularly impressed with the standard of the league which is slowly improving over the last few years.
Obviously Juventus have been the stand out team and favourites again this season in my opinion.
Napoli have had a reasonable first two games, exciting to say the least coming back to win games after falling behind.
but being thumped by Sampdoria in round 3. Good to see Ancelotti back in the Serie A and of course having Ronaldo in
the league will bring it back some respect.
Also interesting to se how Inter, Milan and Roma go this season and hopefully they can also push Juve.
Break this week for internationals but really excited about the season and very happy that BeIn Sports show a lot of Napoli
may it continue

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Serie A

Post by Mr Red »

Redeye10 wrote: Napoli have had a reasonable first two games, exciting to say the least coming back to win games after falling behind.
but being thumped by Sampdoria in round 3.
Third goal by Samdoria was something special. :wink:

Redeye10
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Redeye10 »

Mr Red wrote:
Redeye10 wrote: Napoli have had a reasonable first two games, exciting to say the least coming back to win games after falling behind.
but being thumped by Sampdoria in round 3.
Third goal by Samdoria was something special. :wink:
Yes quite remarkable and done by a nap to the naps :wink:

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

I'm sick of this international break, just want to get back into the season already!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Juventino wrote:I'm sick of this international break, just want to get back into the season already!
Italy lose again? :wink:
Ignore this signature

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Just the usual these days!

It’s annoying to start the season and then stop for these bloody games.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Bomber wrote:
Juventino wrote:I'm sick of this international break, just want to get back into the season already!
Italy lose again? :wink:

Italy have a long way back

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Italian football going from bad to worse, now for the first time since 2004 this comp won't have 22 teams with Avellino, Bari and Cesena going bankrupt over the summer, they have been booted out so only 19 teams

Redeye10
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Redeye10 »

My observation his round of Serie A, Napoli win easily and looking better, Juventus, keep on keeping on, Fiorentina looked good, impressed with Chiesa,
Roma seem in trouble early as do Milan but Parma are getting pints and good on them, interesting mid week round followed by the big Juve-Napoli on the
weekend.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Redeye10 wrote:My observation his round of Serie A, Napoli win easily and looking better, Juventus, keep on keeping on, Fiorentina looked good, impressed with Chiesa,
Roma seem in trouble early as do Milan but Parma are getting pints and good on them, interesting mid week round followed by the big Juve-Napoli on the
weekend.

pints?
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

Redeye10
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Redeye10 »

11 games in, starting to take a bit of shape now, Inter the big improvers, Juve plodding along as they always do and Napoli
right up there, For another team to take the title it will require Juve to drop points in the coming rounds against Milan, Fiorentina, inter, Torino
and Roma before Xmas, If Napoli and Inter can keep on hanging in there or around the mark it will be interesting come the new year.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

I’m looking forward to the run until Christmas. Plenty of exciting matches coming up.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Cant see Juve dropping many points, the team is sooo strong.
The title race could be over by Xmas.

Redeye10
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Redeye10 »

Agree, no other team is close at the moment, they look like doing it again and it well could be over come xmas,
lets hope not, not only for the sake of the league but for my sanity and nervous system

Redeye10
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Redeye10 »

Big game tomorrow morning, can Inter cause an upset, I don't think so, in fact I think Juve will win easily 3-0
Inter for all the hype and talk just don't impress me and I think they will come back to earth with a thud.
In saying that I would love it if they managed to get a point or indeed cause an upset and win, Cant see it though
Hopefully it will be a good game worth me getting up early on a Saturday morning to watch two teams I really don't like.
:wink:

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Inter is selling Icardi & one of the Croat players,which will significantly weaken them after January.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

It's always beautiful to beat them :D

And there's no way Inter would sell Icardi in January.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

All over, Juve to win the scudetto, again!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Wayne Kerr wrote:All over, Juve to win the scudetto, again!
Italian football going the way of Scottish football, with France, Spain and Germany not much better. I can only hope that the Manchester City don't turn the EPL into procession.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower