most successful junior club 2018 ?

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Maldini
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: most successful junior club 2018 ?

Post by Maldini »

kramerica wrote:I believe measure of a successful junior club should be based on development of their juniors. As a parent to me that is more important when paying on average $1000 (not that I am complaining as a volunteer of a local club myself, understand the costs and jobs that need to be done) for ones child to play. for example, how many players from U12 onward have moved on to FFSA programs. or from U15/U16 (or u14/U13 for that matter) have moved to U18 NPL, SL1, SL2.

Would be interesting for you to add the FFSA teams to the rankings to see were they sit, in comparison (I believe they all play a year up).
In terms of the FFSA teams there were 4 boys teams (I believe) and on average came 5th. Puts their 'club' in 3rd behind AC and Metro, above Para Hills. I don't think the way they operate is particularly fair, especially with sharing players across their teams...

kramerica
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: most successful junior club 2018 ?

Post by kramerica »

Azzurri wrote:
kramerica wrote:I believe measure of a successful junior club should be based on development of their juniors. As a parent to me that is more important when paying on average $1000 (not that I am complaining as a volunteer of a local club myself, understand the costs and jobs that need to be done) for ones child to play. for example, how many players from U12 onward have moved on to FFSA programs. or from U15/U16 (or u14/U13 for that matter) have moved to U18 NPL, SL1, SL2.

Would be interesting for you to add the FFSA teams to the rankings to see were they sit, in comparison (I believe they all play a year up).
In terms of the FFSA teams there were 4 boys teams (I believe) and on average came 5th. Puts their 'club' in 3rd behind AC and Metro, above Para Hills. I don't think the way they operate is particularly fair, especially with sharing players across their teams...
Yes, but they way the operate with playing all players 1 year up, I think is saying it is better to challenge or develop the boys than to win titles. If they do come first, then it's a bonus. Otherwise just play kids in the age group. Just putting it out there titles or highest rank doesn't necessarily translate to successful, just depends what they are trying to achieve.