Goalkeeper Wanted

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Goalkeeper Wanted

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:It has every relevance. You have claimed that A League players are good enough for the Conference by using players that don't even play in the A League.

You are saying that a 12 year old keeper is good enough because a Mark Shwarzer once played in the Under 13's league.
No, you said you've seen A-League keepers (indicating past tense) that wouldn't make conference. I've illustrated those well above. By your reckoning, we can only consider those playing a this very minute which mean they will only be playing where they are this very minute (hence silly), and even more funny is statement which started being about NPL keepers who you've never seen play anyway!
And still you haven't proved that an A-league keeper is good enough for the conference. You have proved that ex keepers from the A League may be good enough. As I said, it's like saying a JPL Under 12's might be good enough in the future, but they're not now.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:It has every relevance. You have claimed that A League players are good enough for the Conference by using players that don't even play in the A League.

You are saying that a 12 year old keeper is good enough because a Mark Shwarzer once played in the Under 13's league.
No, you said you've seen A-League keepers (indicating past tense) that wouldn't make conference. I've illustrated those well above. By your reckoning, we can only consider those playing a this very minute which mean they will only be playing where they are this very minute (hence silly), and even more funny is statement which started being about NPL keepers who you've never seen play anyway!
And still you haven't proved that an A-league keeper is good enough for the conference. You have proved that ex keepers from the A League may be good enough. As I said, it's like saying a JPL Under 12's might be good enough in the future, but they're not now.

Why don't you Prove that no NPL 'keepers are good enough for the Championship?

You can't, can you?

Because as usual, you are just giving your un-researched opinion, that you claim is fact, just like you always accuse others of doing. :lol:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

[quote="Old Master"]

Oh dear, the only proof needed is they're not good enough as the NPL is a much lower standard than the conference.

Perhaps you could tell us a story about when you met Maradona and he told told that NPL players should be in the conference.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:

Why would any A-League keeper go to a lower league? Also, its like asking someone to prove why Messi isn't good enough for the Indian Premier League as he hasn't actually played there, its not possible to "prove" but its obvious to anyone with half a brain that he wouldn't have to. Lastly, the minute any player signs for a higher league club, he automatically becomes an "ex-player" to his former club. Therefore unless a keeper is dual registered, your required "proof" is impossible. :P
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Why would any A-League keeper go to a lower league? Also, its like asking someone to prove why Messi isn't good enough for the Indian Premier League as he hasn't actually played there, its not possible to "prove" but its obvious to anyone with half a brain that he wouldn't have to. Lastly, the minute any player signs for a higher league club, he automatically becomes an "ex-player" to his former club. Therefore unless a keeper is dual registered, your required "proof" is impossible. :P
Messi has played in La Liga, not too many would think the IPL isn't a lower standard. Conference is a higher standard than the NPL, by some way.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:

Oh dear, the only proof needed is they're not good enough as the NPL is a much lower standard than the conference.

Perhaps you could tell us a story about when you met Maradona and he told told that NPL players should be in the conference.

I am still waiting for the PROOF, not your opinion but as usual, you deflect. :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
Old Master wrote:

I am still waiting for the PROOF, not your opinion but as usual, you deflect. :lol:
God is an Englishman wrote:Oh dear, the only proof needed is they're not good enough as the NPL is a much lower standard than the conference.
perhaps I should start a thread solely on the questions you have avoided.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

There is nothing there that has any relevance to this topic.

Of course you know that but as usual, it is just your feeble attempt to avoid answering a question, by asking another unrelated one, deflecting or trying to wriggle out of something. :oops:

You really are a sad sack, aren't you? :roll:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

Of course you know that but as usual, it is just your feeble attempt to avoid answering a question, by asking another unrelated one, deflecting or trying to wriggle out of something. :oops:

I've answered it several times now?

Stick to Ed Sheeran.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:

I've answered it several times now?

Stick to Ed Sheeran.

Just give us the PROOF. :roll:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Do you actually require "proof" that the NPL is below the conference?

Can you prove it isn't?

Can you prove the English Premier League is better than the A League.

No, common sense and just a small amount of football knowledge tells you the answer though.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:Do you actually require "proof" that the NPL is below the conference?

Can you prove it isn't?

No, common sense and just a small amount of football knowledge tells you the answer though.

Well, where's your proof of that?

Avoidance tactics are no longer acceptable from you.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Do you actually require "proof" that the NPL is below the conference?

Can you prove it isn't?

Well, where's your proof of that?

Avoidance tactics are no longer acceptable from you.

You have your answer.

Classic avoidance would be the fact that there's an entire thread made up of questions you run away from?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: but I've seen A League keepers and I don't think they're Conference standard.
Poor effort with the research deflection attempt. Look at the above. When "you've seen" A-League keepers, it clearly indicates in the past which is when these keepers played A-League. Otherwise why would they be picked up by overseas clubs? Did they have to go to "conference league" trials first?
More like a poor troll than a deflection attempt. Here are former HAL keepers in Europe:

Ryan ( Brighton -EPL).
Federichi ( Stoke City- Championship).
Volovic ( Genk)
Birighitti ( NAC Breda).

All higher levels than Conference.

Case closed.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: but I've seen A League keepers and I don't think they're Conference standard.
Poor effort with the research deflection attempt. Look at the above. When "you've seen" A-League keepers, it clearly indicates in the past which is when these keepers played A-League. Otherwise why would they be picked up by overseas clubs? Did they have to go to "conference league" trials first?
More like a poor troll than a deflection attempt. Here are former HAL keepers in Europe:

Ryan ( Brighton -EPL).
Federichi ( Stoke City- Championship).
Volovic ( Genk)
Birighitti ( NAC Breda).

All higher levels than Conference.

Case closed.

As I said above, They probably also played in Under 12's JPL (or equivalent), are you saying Under 12's JPL is the same as the conference?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

As I said above, They probably also played in Under 12's JPL (or equivalent), are you saying Under 12's JPL is the same as the conference?[/quote]

Stop running away from providing the proof.

Have you actually checked to see whether any NPL goalkeepers have ever played in the Conference? :?: :?: :?: :?:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:As I said above, They probably also played in Under 12's JPL (or equivalent), are you saying Under 12's JPL is the same as the conference?

Have you actually checked to see whether any NPL goalkeepers have ever played in the Conference? :?: :?: :?: :?:[/quote]

No, I haven't. I also haven't checked that none have gone from Under 12's to the conference either.

NPL is below conference level, that's pretty obvious isn't it?

Now, once again you have avoided answering simple questions. In fact, there's a whole thread devoted to it.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:As I said above, They probably also played in Under 12's JPL (or equivalent), are you saying Under 12's JPL is the same as the conference?

Have you actually checked to see whether any NPL goalkeepers have ever played in the Conference? :?: :?: :?: :?:

No, I haven't. I also haven't checked that none have gone from Under 12's to the conference either.

NPL is below conference level, that's pretty obvious isn't it?

Now, once again you have avoided answering simple questions. In fact, there's a whole thread devoted to it.[/quote]

If you did your so-called research properly you would have realised that the quote about U/12's is not mine. :oops: :oops:

And what you claim as your quote above was actually mine! :oops: :clown:

It may be obvious to you that the Conference is above NPL level but what is your opinion based on - I suppose it is your arrogant refusal to accept that anything Australian is comparable to England?
Despite the fact, you had to move here to get a decent job? :lol:

According to the SBS website's, Aussies Abroad, at various times there are quite a few Australian players who never even got to play in the NPL plying their trade in the Conference.

Now, for once in your life, answer a question without avoiding it by changing the subject - where is your PROOF? :roll: :roll: :roll:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

If you did your so-called research properly you would have realised that the quote about U/12's is not mine. :oops: :oops:

It may be obvious to you that the Conference is above NPL level but what is your opinion based on - I suppose it is your arrogant refusal to accept that anything Australian is comparable to England?

According to the SBS website's, Aussies Abroad, at various times there are quite a few Australian players who never even got to play in the NPL plying their trade in the Conference.

Now, for once in your life, answer a question without avoiding it by changing the subject - where is your PROOF? :roll: :roll: :roll:
This is going to be even easier than usual.

1. The Under 12's quote was enough the fact that just because someone at one point played in that league doesn't mean the current people are good enough to play in a better league.

2. You may want to look at your own ability to quote before blaming others, I merely pressed quote off your post.

3. I had a MUCH better job in England than I did here, if I went back I could get a better job. Little bit more investment banks in London, than Adelaide.

Your question has been answered many times now, stop deflecting.

Do you seriously think the NPL and the conference are a similar standard?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:

1. The Under 12's quote was enough the fact that just because someone at one point played in that league doesn't mean the current people are good enough to play in a better league.

2. You may want to look at your own ability to quote before blaming others, I merely pressed quote off your post.

3. I had a MUCH better job in England than I did here, if I went back I could get a better job. Little bit more investment banks in London, than Adelaide.

Once again;
1. That quote about u/12's was not mine, so it is meaningless for you to keep harping on about it.
2. So you deliberately misquoted me?
3. How any bank would trust you to look after it's money defies belief - no wonder our financial system is in the mess it is in.

I believe that the better players in the NPL are more than capable of playing in the Conference, as many of its clubs are run in a similar way to ours and their grounds and crowds are similar.
There are a handful of more professional clubs in the Conference but most are similar to our top six NPL clubs in SA, at best.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
Old Master wrote:

Once again;
1. That quote about u/12's was not mine, so it is meaningless for you to keep harping on about it.
2. So you deliberately misquoted me?
3. How any bank would trust you to look after it's money defies belief - no wonder our financial system is in the mess it is in.

I believe that the better players in the NPL are more than capable of playing in the Conference, as many of its clubs are run in a similar way to ours and their grounds and crowds are similar.
There are a handful of more professional clubs in the Conference but most are similar to our top six NPL clubs in SA, at best.
1. You need to read the response earlier, it will help you understand.

2. No, I merely pressed quote, aftwr you had obviously mucked up the quoting system.

3.What makes you think I work for a bank?

When was the last time you watched a Conference game?

A "very good friend of mine" (a bloke I met once), is one of the best players in the NPL. Went to England and couldn't get a Conference gig.

The 2nd highest striker in The Conference at the moment was in the SPL last year.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

1 & 2. Don't blame me for your inability to use quotes properly. :oops:

3. You were the one who mentioned banks.

4. I haven't watched a Conference game 'in the flesh' for over 40 years but I have watched quite a few games that were sent to me by a Brother-In-Law (Wife's side), last year when his Son played for a Conference side. He now plays in League Two and is scoring a few goals there.

5. I know a Lad who went over to England to trial with a League One side two years ago, he played for an NPL club's First Team, aged 18, he didn't get the L1 gig but he played a full season in the Conference before coming back home.
He was offered a contract with an L2 club at the end of the season but he was injured and it fell through.
He is taking a year or two off from the game due to suffering a serious knee injury in his last game over there, so I won't name him (before you ask) as he's also struggling with depression. :(

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:1 & 2. Don't blame me for your inability to use quotes properly. :oops:

3. You were the one who mentioned banks.

4. I haven't watched a Conference game 'in the flesh' for over 40 years but I have watched quite a few games that were sent to me by a Brother-In-Law (Wife's side), last year when his Son played for a Conference side. He now plays in League Two and is scoring a few goals there.

5. I know a Lad who went over to England to trial with a League One side two years ago, he played for an NPL club's First Team, aged 18, he didn't get the L1 gig but he played a full season in the Conference before coming back home.
He was offered a contract with an L2 club at the end of the season but he was injured and it fell through.
He is taking a year or two off from the game due to suffering a serious knee injury in his last game over there, so I won't name him (before you ask) as he's also struggling with depression. :(

1&2 I pressed quote after your muck up, funny you can't see that.

3. What makes you think I work for a bank?

4. So you haven't watched a game for 40 year. No more needs to be said.

5. The same as you know Michel Platini?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
Old Master wrote:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Have you actually checked to see whether any NPL goalkeepers have ever played in the Conference? :?: :?: :?: :?:[/quote]

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just a couple of direct QUOTES to try and help you understand where the issue came from.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:Just a couple of direct QUOTES to try and help you understand where the issue came from.

The top quote was NOT mine and you know it but you are too arrogant to admit you were WRONG again. :roll: :roll:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Just a couple of direct QUOTES to try and help you understand where the issue came from.

The top quote was NOT mine and you know it but you are too arrogant to admit you were WRONG again. :roll: :roll:
As always, I have shown you MANY times where you went wrong, you're just too thick to work It out.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:

As always, I have shown you MANY times where you went wrong, you're just too thick to work It out.

I and many others have shown you to be wrong far more numerous times but you are simply unable to comprehend the English language.

Your chosen forum name also shows a similar lack of Religious knowledge, as well.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details