Hindmarsh Facilities

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Hindmarsh Facilities

Post by SAD GAL »

Interesting article by Adelaide's inimitable Val.

Yes Val we get it that the facilities for the women are unacceptable it goes beyond women vs male facilities. Hindmarsh needs to expand its facilities to cope with multiple teams. Been a while since I've bene in the bowels of Hindmarsh stadium however, someone could expand for me on how many change rooms are there are and why the WNPL teams (and W League in the past) use transportable change rooms?

On Val’s contribution to women’s soccer, I think he should have shown the courtesy to the WNPL and done a write up about the game that was on Saturday. If you’re looking for equity in facilities Val, you may want to give the game some exposure that it richly deserves. This didn’t occur so I reckon you may need to balance your writing to give both sides of the NPL and WNPL equal billing. It’s not NPL and then WNPL its NPL/WNPL equally.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Hindmarsh Facilities

Post by Bomber »

SAD GAL wrote:Interesting article by Adelaide's inimitable Val.

Yes Val we get it that the facilities for the women are unacceptable it goes beyond women vs male facilities. Hindmarsh needs to expand its facilities to cope with multiple teams. Been a while since I've bene in the bowels of Hindmarsh stadium however, someone could expand for me on how many change rooms are there are and why the WNPL teams (and W League in the past) use transportable change rooms?

On Val’s contribution to women’s soccer, I think he should have shown the courtesy to the WNPL and done a write up about the game that was on Saturday. If you’re looking for equity in facilities Val, you may want to give the game some exposure that it richly deserves. This didn’t occur so I reckon you may need to balance your writing to give both sides of the NPL and WNPL equal billing. It’s not NPL and then WNPL its NPL/WNPL equally.
You serious? The bloke highlights a pressing need for women in the paper (not sports section, but mainstream) and you complain?

Be thankful you get to play WNPL before the main game on GF day. :roll:
Ignore this signature

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Bomber wrote:

You serious? The bloke highlights a pressing need for women in the paper (not sports section, but mainstream) and you complain?

Do you also complain as much as you did in the other forum when Croydon put their women on before their men on a Saturday?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
Bomber wrote:

Do you also complain as much as you did in the other forum when Croydon put their women on before their men on a Saturday?
I did actually but understood why the effort was made - fact is most went in clubroom for a drink. My bug bear was (mainly) the lack of changeroom facilities, oddly enough, and the hassle it caused around/between the ressies and senior men games. No the women's team fault, but shows why facilities need to be upgraded, much like the article highlighted!

So what did you think of Val's article?
Ignore this signature

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Bomber wrote:
I did actually but understood why the effort was made - fact is most went in clubroom for a drink. My bug bear was (mainly) the lack of changeroom facilities, oddly enough, and the hassle it caused around/between the ressies and senior men games. No the women's team fault, but shows why facilities need to be upgraded, much like the article highlighted!

So what did you think of Val's article?
I agree with you, any publicity is good publicity. Two articles in two days is never a bad thing.

I think the agenda of the article was conveniently timed given the Budget announcement, and the quotes from Barbieri were more so a thinly veiled commentary on AUFC more than Hindmarsh, the AEC or the State Government.

It also failed to highlight that even when there were 4 permanent changerooms at Hindmarsh, the W-League was seconded to Burton without more than one appearance at Hindmarsh anyway.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

No one mentioning that that AU's first game is a standalone fixture at Hindmarsh. Very cool but also interested to know who is footing that bill.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

i know some people who want to go to the finals and make a day of it but didn't because they didn't want to be there for 3 whole games.....that is the WPNL being played before the main game and the previous men's game....ridiculous decision...
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

Good discussion.

Just to get one thing clear. There is no main game on GF day at Hindmarsh. The quicker we realise each game is a standalone GF and just because it is programmed the way it was doesn't mean that its NPL, WNPL, SL 2, SL1.

Anyway, Val can do the hard yards, call the FFSA and the minister for Sport, the SMA and get to the bottom of it. Get cracking Val.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Brenton T wrote:Good discussion.

Just to get one thing clear. There is no main game on GF day at Hindmarsh. The quicker we realise each game is a standalone GF and just because it is programmed the way it was doesn't mean that its NPL, WNPL, SL 2, SL1.

Anyway, Val can do the hard yards, call the FFSA and the minister for Sport, the SMA and get to the bottom of it. Get cracking Val.
There's not a main game :lol:

Of course their is, it goes in terms of standard.

WNPL
SL2
SL1
NPL

I'm sorry that your team is one of the lower standard one but that's just the way it is.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

When people are complaining about the coverage or opportunity provided to showcase women's sport you know you are succeeding.

Let the whinging continue.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Love your work Adam! Your photos are awesome too. :D

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Ditto to Adam's work too. Exceptional.

Well said God is an Englishman and adam and Lucas.

In reply to the others,

Bomber. I'm not complaining. Val is trotting out the same storyline and expecting change. Get to the bottom of it and have a chat to the tight wads at AUFC and have a chat with SMA and FFSA and see where the improvements need to occur. So I'm not complaining about the story per se, it's Val's attempt at journalism without purpose or ability to make a difference or force change. I read with interest on Adelaide now (last week after the article was posted) that someone questioned Val's article and connection/loyalty to GG and someone by the name of Sandra came out in defence of Val. I'll leave it as that.

My opinions are based on his role as a journo and not a personal attack.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

Is anyone able to answer the original question? Are the stadium facilities really that poor?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

There are only two changerooms, which makes it logistically impossible to have the wleague play as a curtain raiser to the Aleague. They’d need to use portables parked out in one of the parking lots for the women. Unacceptable- makes showering kind of difficult, in addition to being very far removed from the pitch.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

There was 4 changing rooms when I played there.

How do they manage on days like SAASL and FFSA Cup Finals?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

I think when there are multiple games one after the other, that the men's teams move their stuff out at half time so the next teams can get into the change rooms, then are able to shower and stuff when their game is finished whilst the next game is starting....sort of like they do it at the Parks or the Shores.

For the NPL finals, City and Metro women were given function rooms to change in....no showers.

In Val's article it discusses the last renovation of the stadium during which the four change rooms that existed before were combined in order to make two larger ones. So there were four change rooms, now there are only two.

Adelaide United women are now the only team in the competition who don't have a curtain raiser with the men...except Canberra of course because they don't have a men's team.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Credit where credit is due. Excellent piece in today's paper from Val about Hindmarsh and the need for a new stadium.

The fact that the AC and MU teams had to get changed in a bar is F'ing disgraceful. Keep up the fight Val. It's not a female v Male thing it's substandard facilities for the era we're in.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

billy the kid wrote:Credit where credit is due. Excellent piece in today's paper from Val about Hindmarsh and the need for a new stadium.

The fact that the AC and MU teams had to get changed in a bar is F'ing disgraceful. Keep up the fight Val. It's not a female v Male thing it's substandard facilities for the era we're in.
I have been in the changing rooms at Millwall, they have 3 which would be the same as Hindmarsh. I haven't been in the New Wembley but have been in changing rooms of old Wembley and they had 3 changing rooms. Bloody sub standard stadiums.

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

God is an Englishman wrote: I have been in the changing rooms at Millwall, they have 3 which would be the same as Hindmarsh. I haven't been in the New Wembley but have been in changing rooms of old Wembley and they had 3 changing rooms. Bloody sub standard stadiums.
Do Millwall Lionesses play at the same ground as Millwall men? And if so do they play as a double-header?

You answer your own question re Wembley. If it wasn't sub-standard why replace it?
Agia Lavra 1821!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: I have been in the changing rooms at Millwall, they have 3 which would be the same as Hindmarsh. I haven't been in the New Wembley but have been in changing rooms of old Wembley and they had 3 changing rooms. Bloody sub standard stadiums.
Do Millwall Lionesses play at the same ground as Millwall men? And if so do they play as a double-header?

You answer your own question re Wembley. If it wasn't sub-standard why replace it?
Wembley was because the pitch was so far from the stands, media was sub standard - nothing wrong with changing facilities.

The phrase used was "substandard facilities for the era", nothing said about sub standard for double headers.

In answer to your question, the Lionesses rarely use the Den and there's never been a double header. I guess Millwall understand that it's completely separate and don't feel the need to push an agenda that very few people care about.

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Thank you.

The original Wembley had become sub-standard.

The new Wembley has four changerooms with room for 26 players in each. If there was nothing wrong with the changeroom facilities, why not continue with three?

In relation to the Den, it is clearly sub-standard to accomodate the females.
Agia Lavra 1821!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:Thank you.

The new Wembley has four changerooms with room for 26 players in each. If there was nothing wrong with the changeroom facilities, why not continue with three?

So it's good enough for international football, but not good enough for women?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:Thank you.

Why 4 changing rooms?

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

"Last season when we got close to the play-offs we had a survey from the Premier League for facilities here. It was scary. It's nowhere near what you require in the Premier League," Millwall chief executive Steve Kavanagh told BBC London.
Agia Lavra 1821!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:"Last season when we got close to the play-offs we had a survey from the Premier League for facilities here. It was scary. It's nowhere near what you require in the Premier League," Millwall chief executive Steve Kavanagh told BBC London.
Bournemouth (and the likes) have managed (small stadium etc)
Ignore this signature

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Don't think we need the spam about stadia irrelevant to our discussions about Hindmarsh. Interesting debate though hardly relevant.

Keep up the fight Val. Go see if Griffo will hand over some $$$$ from the sale of AUFC to fund the upgrade.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:"Last season when we got close to the play-offs we had a survey from the Premier League for facilities here. It was scary. It's nowhere near what you require in the Premier League," Millwall chief executive Steve Kavanagh told BBC London.
Did it mention changing rooms, I would imagine that's about camera gantry's press facilities...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

billy the kid wrote:Don't think we need the spam about stadia irrelevant to our discussions about Hindmarsh. Interesting debate though hardly relevant.

Keep up the fight Val. Go see if Griffo will hand over some $$$$ from the sale of AUFC to fund the upgrade.
Completely relevant, its about what you actually need v what you actually want.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Keep wasting key strokes like me............................you won't get that time back. ...................Once you've lost that second or two...............You're closer to your death. BTW Fraser and Franca (same first three letters) will be elevate to legend status at the FFSA awards.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

billy the kid wrote:Keep wasting key strokes like me............................you won't get that time back. ...................Once you've lost that second or two...............You're closer to your death. BTW Fraser and Franca (same first three letters) will be elevate to legend status at the FFSA awards.
Cool. Maybe mention that in the thread about the Hall of Fame.