Seen it all

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Non-event
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Seen it all

Post by Non-event »

I thought I'd seen it all but of course I havn't.
Good game between TTG and Westies on Sunday, spoiled only by the ranting of a certain TTG forward directed at his own team mates!
Looked like he was trying to persuade his own coach to find a place in the team for his brother!
Brotherly love is one thing but undermining your team mates in an important game is something I've never seen before.
Strange indeed.

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Seen it all

Post by fowler_23 »

Non-event wrote:I thought I'd seen it all but of course I havn't.
Good game between TTG and Westies on Sunday, spoiled only by the ranting of a certain TTG forward directed at his own team mates!
Looked like he was trying to persuade his own coach to find a place in the team for his brother!
Brotherly love is one thing but undermining your team mates in an important game is something I've never seen before.
Strange indeed.
what an odd first post??

Did your team mate want you to get dragged because you were having a nightmare game maybe?
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Non-event wrote:I thought I'd seen it all but of course I havn't.
Strange indeed.
Just wondering what your thoughts were on the pen not given in the second half?? Did you think it was a clear pen or am I just being biased as a Westie supporter??
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Non-event
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Non-event »

I'd like to think I'm not biased in any way HA HA.
Didn't get a good look at that pen appeal but thought the red card was a bit harsh. looked bad based on the heavy fall but I think the ref got talked into it by the fans.
Thought the ref had a good game though and no, I'm not the ref's mate!

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Non-event wrote:I'd like to think I'm not biased in any way HA HA.
Didn't get a good look at that pen appeal but thought the red card was a bit harsh. looked bad based on the heavy fall but I think the ref got talked into it by the fans.
Thought the red was harsh also.. Ref said was worst challenge he'd seen all year :shock: However he was sacked as coach a couple of years back so the crowd definitely felt a little payback was being given with the red and the pen being denied!!
Love the theatre of sports... otherwise it would be boring but I'm guessing next time we have this ref could be interesting...
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

what the hell is a pen, thought it was something you write with.
if your talking about a penalty say it . lazy buggers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

Talked into it by the fans? all 3 of them? haha
HAIL HAIL

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Broonaldo\0/ wrote:
Talked into it by the fans? all 3 of them? haha
They were on that side.. and very vocal :lol: :lol:
-- Bill Shankly --

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

A little history lesson Alex:
Firstly I wasn't sacked by PHW. You obviously weren't in the change rooms at Beograd second last game of the season that year.jonesy,Greg,ica, Danny, Richie Watkins and frank Taylor were. They could tell you how the parting was.....
Secondly if I was vindictive as you are suggesting my parting of ways with your opposition from Sunday was completely the opposite, not getting reappointed (sacked) after missing promotion to div 1 by 1 GOAL and losing a challenge cup final after leading with 20 to go, surely that would leave more of a sour taste????
I enjoy refereeing the vast majority of teams including both teams from Sunday and have a good relationship with most players as most are reasonable people.

I can assure you my ethics and morals are a bit different to what you believe.

So as your username suggests
things happen for a reason

Non-event
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Non-event »

You have to cut the TTG fans a bit of slack, they are still new to this Div 1 heckling of the ref!
They have much to learn from the likes of Ingle Farm and Downs!

Oh and please forgive me for using the term 'pen', that was very inconsiderate of me.

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

Non-event wrote:You have to cut the TTG fans a bit of slack, they are still new to this Div 1 heckling of the ref!
They have much to learn from the likes of Ingle Farm and Downs!

Oh and please forgive me for using the term 'pen', that was very inconsiderate of me.
You are forgiven. dont let it happen again.
:D
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

robinfriday10 wrote:A little history lesson Alex:
Firstly I wasn't sacked by PHW. You obviously weren't in the change rooms at Beograd second last game of the season that year.jonesy,Greg,ica, Danny, Richie Watkins and frank Taylor were. They could tell you how the parting was.....
Secondly if I was vindictive as you are suggesting my parting of ways with your opposition from Sunday was completely the opposite, not getting reappointed (sacked) after missing promotion to div 1 by 1 GOAL and losing a challenge cup final after leading with 20 to go, surely that would leave more of a sour taste????
I enjoy refereeing the vast majority of teams including both teams from Sunday and have a good relationship with most players as most are reasonable people.

Feel free to read back my post Brad.. Not once did I question your ethics or morals but what I did highlight was that a few thought you made some mistakes. I’m assuming you don’t think you get everything right all the time week in and week out?? So having said that the general consensus is the red was harsh and the penalty could of been given so take it on the chin and as constructive criticism...
-- Bill Shankly --

Down at the Gully
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Down at the Gully »

robinfriday10 wrote:A little history lesson Alex:

Sounds to me by what you have written that you do hold a grudge maybe against gully?
I think you generally do a good job but occasionally leave me scratching my head.

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

certainly no grudge.
I enjoy refereeing Gully, they are a good group of lads who definitely give me no issues. Your coach has always coached in a good, positive manner and Liam your captain leads your team well.

11 years ago I wasn't a fan but I'd like to think I'm a better person than that and your players treat me with respect so I have no reason but to treat them exactly the same.
things happen for a reason

sirstevieg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sirstevieg »

We need more ex players like Brad refereeing these days he has played & coached in the game which is a big plus....at least you can talk to Brad also on the park unlike most.....

Some of the referees ive seen this season doing A games at Inter look like they have come out of retirement not up with the game at all. Players actually making decisions for them.
We are Liverpool Football Club and the expectations are so high.
Steven Gerrard

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

sirstevieg wrote:We need more ex players like Brad refereeing these days he has played & coached in the game which is a big plus....at least you can talk to Brad also on the park unlike most.....

Some of the referees ive seen this season doing A games at Inter look like they have come out of retirement not up with the game at all. Players actually making decisions for them.
Yes, totally agree, he has always done a good job when he has refereed at the Knights
Are you Bodo in disguise?