Adelaide City huge fee hike confirmed

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Adelaide City huge fee hike confirmed

Post by Sushi »

AC has put out the usual 'exciting times ahead' story for next year in a letter designed to soften up the parents when the horrendous fee increase.
These guys are masters at marketing.
The "extra operating costs" have wages as a significant component.
A bloated bureaucracy.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Adelaide City huge fee hike confirmed

Post by fball12 »

How much?

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

I hope jd is still reading the forum. he saw this coming years ago. everything is too dear in this country now :(

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Isn't it as simple as if you don't like how much is being charged you don't go there? There are plenty of other clubs to choose from.

I do think it is ridiculous that parents have to fork out these huge fees but there are other options.

Monty
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Monty »

So what are we expected to pay now???? 8)

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Monty wrote:So what are we expected to pay now???? 8)
$1400

But you get new lights !
And a high performance academy , which they've promised the last 2 years without delivering (half- baked window dressing doesn't count).

And a trip to Italy opportunity- like plenty of other vendors, this is a glorified overseas trip, which the club makes a healthy margin on. They make it sound exclusive.

And you also get more paid administrators , etc.
Let's eat while the sun shines.

Not sure the sponsors ( or are they donors/ lobbyists perhaps) are too keen on their funds going into admin.

Anyway , that's what you get.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Migrant Land wrote:
$1400

But you get new lights !
And a high performance academy , which they've promised the last 2 years without delivering (half- baked window dressing doesn't count).

And a trip to Italy opportunity- like plenty of other vendors, this is a glorified overseas trip, which the club makes a healthy margin on. They make it sound exclusive.

Not sure the sponsors ( or are they donors/ lobbyists perhaps) are too keen on their funds going into admin.

That's Life and Football is Life. :!:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Migrant Land wrote:
$1400

But you get new lights !

They have to get in more paid admin people because lazy crunts like you sit around doing nothing all day and no-one volunteers anymore.

I bet you've never done a days volunteer work in your life. Just spend all your time sniping on Football News.
Time for some righteous indignation

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Stitch This wrote:
Migrant Land wrote:
$1400

But you get new lights !

They have to get in more paid admin people because lazy crunts like you sit around doing nothing all day and no-one volunteers anymore.

I bet you've never done a days volunteer work in your life. Just spend all your time sniping on Football News.
:lol:

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Of course.
Appreciate your kind words.
But guess what , there's "them" (the large number of genuine volunteers) and there's us (the payroll volunteers).

Ga Pala
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ga Pala »

If you were at my club migrant land I would of shiraz you off quick smart.
" I used to go Missing a lot- Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss Germany." George Best

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

Migrant Land wrote:Of course.
But guess what , there's "them" (the large number of genuine volunteers) and there's us (the payroll volunteers).
You cant be paid and be called a volunteer.

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

BeNatural wrote:
Migrant Land wrote:Of course.
You cant be paid and be called a volunteer.
Correct

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Ga Pala wrote:If you were at my club migrant land I would of shiraz you off quick smart.
Of course you would.
We wouldn't want to be properly questioned and accountable to anyone for your fee structure , would we now?
Solution- exterminate the enquirers.

Ga Pala
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ga Pala »

Exterminate the :clown: :clown:
" I used to go Missing a lot- Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss Germany." George Best

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Migrant Land wrote:
Ga Pala wrote:If you were at my club migrant land I would of shiraz you off quick smart.
Of course you would.
We wouldn't want to be properly questioned and accountable to anyone for your fee structure , would we now?
Solution- exterminate the enquirers.
You sound salty as f**k. Every one of your posts and threads are negative towards Adelaide City.

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

False .

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Ga Pala wrote:Exterminate the :clown: :clown:
Clever

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Every parent (representing their child) is a member of their club and have every right to ask questions and comment on the running of their clubs, including items such as fees.

We live in a free and democratic country, not communist Russia or China, and can speak on matters of importance.

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

fball12 wrote:
Every parent (representing their child) is a member of their club and have every right to ask questions and comment on the running of their clubs, including items such as fees.

We live in a free and democratic country, not communist Russia or China, and can speak on matters of importance.
Exactly.
Some on here (and in fact the management of some clubs) seem to forget that and appear to run a dictatorship.

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Migrant Land wrote:
fball12 wrote:

Exactly.
Some on here (and in fact the management of some clubs) seem to forget that and appear to run a dictatorship.
And this surprises you? lol.

Take up a different hobby.

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Getting defensive?

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Migrant Land wrote:Getting defensive?
Not really.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

fball12 wrote:

Certainly, and in that free and democratic country, clubs are perfectly entitled to tell certain parents to take a hike if they're obviously not happy. Fees are determined by the market and AC never seem to have a lack of juniors.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
fball12 wrote:

Certainly, and in that free and democratic country, clubs are perfectly entitled to tell certain parents to take a hike if they're obviously not happy. Fees are determined by the market and AC never seem to have a lack of juniors.
So?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Migrant Land wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
fball12 wrote: Every parent (representing their child) is a member of their club and have every right to ask questions and comment on the running of their clubs, including items such as fees.

So?
So, if you don't like it, take your lad somewhere else. Clubs cannot keep every parent happy, it's just not possible, but there's always more that want the place. And I should add, I am absolutely nothing to do with City, it's a general problem with parents.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

He's been more than happy at his new club for a few years now.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Migrant Land wrote:He's been more than happy at his new club for a few years now.
So what's the problem then?

Let go. It will improve your mental health.
Ignore this signature

tevez.
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by tevez. »

Bomber wrote:
Migrant Land wrote:He's been more than happy at his new club for a few years now.
So what's the problem then?

Let go. It will improve your mental health.
^

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

One thing I think can be done better, and I intend to give it a go with my team next season, is to clearly articulate what the plan is for the season in quite detailed fashion to the parents. I am going to give them a fact sheet before they pay their deposit and if they are unhappy with anything on the sheet they can go elsewhere. For those who sign up then they know what they are signing up to.

Parents need to be more realistic about what to expect but at the same time those in a position to do so should do what we can to be transparent about what they do and don't get for their money and how the team will be run for the season.

It may achieve nothing at all but if anyone cracks up during the season I can just point them back to what they agreed to.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15