$1400 junior fees for 2019

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

$1400 junior fees for 2019

Post by Sushi »

Major club is getting too sure of itself now.
Pushing the envelope at $1400 junior fees reeks of arrogance.
It might be their unique way of avoiding the junior trials dramas of 2016 and 2017.
Or are they offering overs to entice coaches for next year and therefore need the money?
Memo to the unsuspecting parents: don't get sucked in by the hollow promises (again).

upsidedown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: $1400 junior fees for 2019

Post by upsidedown »

Migrant Land wrote:Major club is getting too sure of itself now.
It might be their unique way of avoiding the junior trials dramas of 2016 and 2017.
Or are they offering overs to entice coaches for next year and therefore need the money?
Memo to the unsuspecting parents: don't get sucked in by the hollow promises (again).

Are Comets fees that expensive these days? Heard they had been going up a 100 every year for a few years in a row so must be getting close to that kinda figure. Maybe similar for all inner city npl clubs i guess.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

upsidedown wrote:

Are Comets fees that expensive these days? Heard they had been going up a 100 every year for a few years in a row so must be getting close to that kinda figure. Maybe similar for all inner city npl clubs i guess.
If there is salary cap why isn’t there a fee cap?

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

upsidedown wrote:

No - but at least they teach how to play properly, unlike a few 'major clubs' who are running it purely as a business.

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

Anatural wrote: If there is salary cap why isn’t there a fee cap?
That has to be the smartest thing you’ve ever said.
Agia Lavra 1821!

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
I usually keep my good ideas away from here :D

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

For $1400, they should employ proper TDs and coaches.
Otherwise it's a blood sucking scam.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Migrant Land wrote:
For $1400, they should employ proper TDs and coaches.
Otherwise it's a blood sucking scam.
If parents pay, is there a problem?

I think it’s wrong, but maybe those paying don’t.

Vladimir Ilyich
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Vladimir Ilyich »

I'm with you comrade. Caps on electricity prices, water rates, maintenance costs etc etc.

A controlled economy where no child shall want for playing the beautiful game - such a grand plan.
They sentenced me to 20 years of boredom for trying to change the system from within.

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

It's no problem at all if the parents pay....
Except, when they are promised a great development program, only to find, months later that they've been sold a lemon and are merely customers.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Migrant Land wrote:
upsidedown wrote:

No - but at least they teach how to play properly, unlike a few 'major clubs' who are running it purely as a business.
Whoever it is, I'm sure they're doing the right thing and blocking the senior pathway for these juniors anyway by signing all the other guys that came through half price juniors elsewhere.

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Yes yes yes !!!
That is precisely their MO

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

And to think I've always joked that you are so left wing that you're a communist. Why should anyone (aside from the consumer) be able to limit the cost someone sells their product at?
Supply and demand will find its level. I'm good at my job, I probably charge more than the bloke down the road. Go to him if you want, come to me if you want a decent product.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

If it's one of the central or eastern clubs then all of those clubs will follow suit and charge $1400 or thereabouts.

Its called a monopoly and collusion by unethical clubs to screw parents for us much as they can get. No parent is going to travel further to get cheap fees north/south/west and that is where the supply and demand theory fails.

You can call it communism trying to limit fees, but this is no different to Electricity prices. All parents are getting screwed.

Meanwhile these clubs deliver very little and pay their Seniors as much as possible to try to win Championships. Campbelltown Soccer Club is the current example paying Joe Mullen and his family imports substantial wages. Campbelltown have never won anything with their own Juniors coming thru to Seniors.
Comets doing the same.

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

fball12 wrote:If it's one of the central or eastern clubs then all of those clubs will follow suit and charge $1400 or thereabouts.

Its called a monopoly and collusion by unethical clubs to screw parents for us much as they can get. No parent is going to travel further to get cheap fees north/south/west and that is where the supply and demand theory fails.

You can call it communism trying to limit fees, but this is no different to Electricity prices. All parents are getting screwed.

Meanwhile these clubs deliver very little and pay their Seniors as much as possible to try to win Championships. Campbelltown Soccer Club is the current example paying Joe Mullen and his family imports substantial wages. Campbelltown have never won anything with their own Juniors coming thru to Seniors.
Comets doing the same.

and this is exactly why kids leave clubs at 16-17yrs old after 10 years, they know they have no chance of playing senior football

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

$6.50 per hour, great value babysitting for doing something the kids love.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote:
And to think I've always joked that you are so left wing that you're a communist. Why should anyone (aside from the consumer) be able to limit the cost someone sells their product at?
Supply and demand will find its level. I'm good at my job, I probably charge more than the bloke down the road. Go to him if you want, come to me if you want a decent product.
I don't agree with a salary cap, but if there is one, then why not have a fee cap?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

fball12 wrote:If it's one of the central or eastern clubs then all of those clubs will follow suit and charge $1400 or thereabouts.

Comets doing the same.
Electricity is an essential commodity, football isn't.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

magnet wrote:
Simplistic calculation.

Parents time, effort and all the extra costs involved with football need to be taken into account.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Comets doing the same.
I'd say the English (and others) would consider football essential, and is a important part of their culture.

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

magnet wrote:
Not great value when the cost of providing the service is $0.75 per hour per child

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Migrant Land wrote:
magnet wrote:
Not great value when the cost of providing the service is $0.75 per hour per child
do you question the overheads of all services you pay for? Just decide whether you can afford it and if you can't then find another club who charge less or change sports.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Crazy fees in my opinion but if others are willing to pay that much good luck to them. Price is all about what people are willing to pay. If enough people are willing to pay $1400 a year so be it. That club should be making a mint given it's almost double what I pay for my son.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

fball12 wrote:

Comets doing the same.
I'd say the English (and others) would consider football essential, and is a important part of their culture.
Club football and paying $1,400 is not essential. Play for the school, play for a cheaper club. No one is forced to pay $1,400 for football.

My son plays club and school. One we pay for, the other is free.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Club football and paying $1,400 is not essential. Play for the school, play for a cheaper club. No one is forced to pay $1,400 for football.

My son plays club and school. One we pay for, the other is free.[/quote]

There are no cheaper clubs in the Central or Eastern area.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

fball12 wrote:There are no cheaper clubs in the Central or Eastern area.
Adelaide Uni?

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

west adelaide is under $1,000

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

Who is this major club charging $1400 ? Comets, Adel City, Metro Stars, Campbelltown there are plenty of them. Why cant you name the club??

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

rossonero wrote:west adelaide is under $1,000
Next season?

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

fball12 wrote:There are no cheaper clubs in the Central or Eastern area.
Adelaide Uni?
Below average club.