RIP Paul Madeley

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

RIP Paul Madeley

Post by Mr Red »

A statement from Paul Madeley's family.

“Paul Madeley passed away peacefully today (23 July 2018) surrounded by his family in Leeds.

“Paul was a much-loved husband, father and brother and the family are extremely proud of his achievements in life and on the field for Leeds United and England.

“He was born in Beeston, a stones-throw from Elland Road, and only ever played and supported Leeds United.

“The late Don Revie christened him his ‘Rolls Royce’ and to us he was just that - a class act as a husband and a father who always had time for everyone he met.

“Paul’s wife Ann and sons Jason and Nick would like to thank everyone for their support and well wishes.

"At this difficult time, we ask for privacy as we grieve a great loss.”

I agree with Dons assessment on the way Paul played - RIP Paul - you came across as all class.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: RIP Paul Madeley

Post by Old Master »

Mr Red wrote:A statement from Paul Madeley's family.

“Paul Madeley passed away peacefully today (23 July 2018) surrounded by his family in Leeds.

“Paul was a much-loved husband, father and brother and the family are extremely proud of his achievements in life and on the field for Leeds United and England.

“He was born in Beeston, a stones-throw from Elland Road, and only ever played and supported Leeds United.

“The late Don Revie christened him his ‘Rolls Royce’ and to us he was just that - a class act as a husband and a father who always had time for everyone he met.

“Paul’s wife Ann and sons Jason and Nick would like to thank everyone for their support and well wishes.

"At this difficult time, we ask for privacy as we grieve a great loss.”

I agree with Dons assessment on the way Paul played - RIP Paul - you came across as all class.

Paul was a great player, a great man, and always made time for young supporters and the Leeds Youth team players. RIP
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Old Master wrote:

Paul was a great player, a great man, and always made time for young supporters and the Leeds Youth team players. RIP
:wink: he was one of the players in a team that I loved to watch play at Leeds in the 70's :wink:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:Paul was a great player, a great man, and always made time for young supporters and the Leeds Youth team players. RIP
Sorry to hear about your best mate. RIP.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Great player of the 70's and so versatile as well RIP.