World Cup 2018

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Re: World Cup 2018

Post by zzz »

Bomber wrote:Easy to be smug after the final whistle. I gather zzz made a packet on the French win given it was "so easy/obvious"?
I picked them at the start of the tournament. Commiserations to your southern brethren.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

zzz wrote:
Bomber wrote:Easy to be smug after the final whistle. I gather zzz made a packet on the French win given it was "so easy/obvious"?
I picked them at the start of the tournament. Commiserations to your southern brethren.
I must have missed that post. Care to revive it?
Ignore this signature

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

zzz wrote:
joker wrote:
zzz wrote:congratulations France, easily the best team in the tournament
yes congrats,but how can you say easily best team????They barely dominated. they won so they are the best.
We all know they play defend/counter attack and that is their style due to fast players...BUT STILL...

Game 1 v Australia, we all know what happened, France were better but didn't dominate..and won by luck in the end.
v Peru, peru had 56% possesion..
v Denmark, really didnt show much against Danes..
v Argentina, Argentina had 59% possession..could have gone either way..
v Belgium, Belgium had 60% possession..i still think could have gone either way, i still think Belgium is a better team..
v Croatia , Croatia had 61% possession + more shot attempts ...ive never seen more good luck in my life..enough so that made the difference.Could have gone either way imo.

my point is that, they were NOT easily best team, you can say they were best but not easily, not as if they were 3 classes above/

ps. Griezman should have won best man of the game and not Mbappe imo, this was to make him a new pele, he will be a star...untill next injury.
Your post exemplifies everything wrong with the mentality of Australian football since the new dawn.
Too much idolising of Craig Foster's dopey analysis for you.

The game is won by scoring more goals and creating genuine opportunities to score goals. Pointless possession never wins anything.
France dominated every game they played as they were all played on their terms.
I agree with this except for France dominating their games - they controlled games but didn't dominate them.
I thought Belgium were the best team (until France beat them)

Having more possession and passes means absolutely nothing if it doesn't result in proper attacking chances to score (ie Australia)
France were dangerous in all games on the counterattack and compact enough at the back to hold onto leads when required.

Given they were unbeaten the entire tournament and all their wins came in normal time - they are deserved champions.
p.s. Griezmann is a quality player but a total twat
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

French coach Deschamps admitted that they were not the better team in the final,he gave them instructions to play long balls+ only rely on counter attack. Greizman asked the ref before penalty why he went to check VAR, he was told because of handball.As English legend Alan Shearer said last night-Croatia were robbed on first 2 goals.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

@ Predrag.....I know youre hurting mate but give it up.....you lost to the best team at the tournament....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dry July »

Just seen the highlights. The penalty was the correct decision.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Dry July wrote:Just seen the highlights. The penalty was the correct decision.
Apart from Predrag, I haven't heard anyone question the legitimacy of the first two French goals
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Seen a lot of posts questioning the nationality of a lot of the French players.

How many of the Croatian team were born in Croatia?

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Bomber wrote:
zzz wrote:
I must have missed that post. Care to revive it?
Didn't say I posted it here. Didn't realise you kept track of all my posts :shock:

Lagartija Nick
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lagartija Nick »

There's this thing called the search function.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

^ In other words zzz has been caught out talking cabernet again. I don't keep track of your posts, hence the request. Just don't recall anyone other than someone saying France was good value at $7 (or $9, whatever) before the tournament started.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:^ In other words zzz has been caught out talking cabernet again. I don't keep track of your posts, hence the request. Just don't recall anyone other than someone saying France was good value at $7 (or $9, whatever) before the tournament started.
I said I thought France would win it at well, I didn't say it on here but I definitely said it. I also said, I thought Belgium were a good outside bet and that England would go out in the Quarter Final to Germany.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:^ In other words zzz has been caught out talking cabernet again. I don't keep track of your posts, hence the request. Just don't recall anyone other than someone saying France was good value at $7 (or $9, whatever) before the tournament started.
I said I thought France would win it at well, I didn't say it on here but I definitely said it. I also said, I thought Belgium were a good outside bet and that England would go out in the Quarter Final to Germany.
Yeah, I said it too. I also said Belgium would come third, England fourth and Croatia runner-up. I didn't say it here though..............
Ignore this signature

full back
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by full back »

God is an Englishman wrote:Seen a lot of posts questioning the nationality of a lot of the French players.

21 of the squad of 23 were born in Croatia.
Only Rakitic (Rheinfelden, Switzerland) and Kovacic (Linz, Austria) were born outside of Croatia, and this is only due to the war.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

full back wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Seen a lot of posts questioning the nationality of a lot of the French players.

Only Rakitic (Rheinfelden, Switzerland) and Kovacic (Linz, Austria) were born outside of Croatia, and this is only due to the war.
Not that place of birth necessarily matters but I have already pulled apart some of the stats being used about the french players.

If I wanted to controversial, which obviously I do, Modric wasn't born in Croatia.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^

many are saying that France is the first African country to not only make the final but to also win it.....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

God is an Englishman wrote:.

If I wanted to controversial, which obviously I do, Modric wasn't born in Croatia.
Do go on....

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

don't fall for it.... Croatia as a country didn't exist until 1991...Modric was born after this point....Hawksey is becoming predictably boring!!!

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

MegaBonus wrote:don't fall for it.... Croatia as a country didn't exist until 1991...Modric was born after this point....Hawksey is becoming predictably boring!!!
:lol: I know where he was going. Modrić isn't the oldest in the squad so was wondering why he only mentioned him.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Sunny Vanilla wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:don't fall for it.... Croatia as a country didn't exist until 1991...Modric was born after this point....Hawksey is becoming predictably boring!!!
:lol: I know where he was going. Modrić isn't the oldest in the squad so was wondering why he only mentioned him.
Never trust meme's, the one I saw said 98.

As for mb, feel free to put me on for if you think I'm boring. You won't be missed by me.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

I'm still waiting for you to answer a question I posed to you....a couple of pages back....

full back
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by full back »

full back wrote:

Not that place of birth necessarily matters but I have already pulled apart some of the stats being used about the french players.

According to you, then NONE of the players who represented England were born in England, they were born in the United Kingdom.
Funny that, because I didn't see United Kingdom anywhere in the World Cup fixtures.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

full back wrote:
full back wrote:

According to you, then NONE of the players who represented England were born in England, they were born in the United Kingdom.
Funny that, because I didn't see United Kingdom anywhere in the World Cup fixtures.
Sterling was born in Jamaica.
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

full back wrote:According to you, then NONE of the players who represented England were born in England, they were born in the United Kingdom.
No, 22 of them were born in England.

full back
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by full back »

full back wrote:According to you, then NONE of the players who represented England were born in England, they were born in the United Kingdom.

...... and 21 of the 23 in the Croatian squad have "born in the Republic of Croatia on their birth certificates (yes, even the ones born during the previous regime)"
There is reference to what the country was called before 1991, but it has always been "Republika Hrvatska" in the column stating place of birth.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

full back wrote:

...... and 21 of the 23 in the Croatian squad have "born in the Republic of Croatia on their birth certificates (yes, even the ones born during the previous regime)"
There is reference to what the country was called before 1991, but it has always been "Republika Hrvatska" in the column stating place of birth.
I'm struggling to understand the point you are making, it's already been stated that only 2 were born outside of croatia.

So even if you were born when it was yugoslavia, the birth certificate says croatia?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:I'm still waiting for you to answer a question I posed to you....a couple of pages back....
My apologies if I missed your question. What was it?

full back
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by full back »

No, 22 of them were born in England.[/quote]

There is reference to what the country was called before 1991, but it has always been "Republika Hrvatska" in the column stating place of birth.[/quote]

I'm struggling to understand the point you are making, it's already been stated that only 2 were born outside of croatia.

So even if you were born when it was yugoslavia, the birth certificate says croatia?[/quote]

Wow, you are even stupider than I first thought.
At first I thought you were just ignorant?
Please don't come back with "I'm just trying to wind you guys up"
That requires intelligence. Something obviously lacking in you and your type! :clown:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

full back wrote:Wow, you are even stupider than I first thought.
At first I thought you were just ignorant?
Please don't come back with "I'm just trying to wind you guys up"
That requires intelligence. Something obviously lacking in you and your type! :clown:
I've asked a simple question, I know nothing about this and happy to admit it. To learn things like this, you ask questions.

Perhaps you're so intellectually challenged you can't tell when someone is asking a question. So, are you dumb or did you just fire off a bit too quick and not read properly?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Is there such a word as "stupider"? How ironic.
Ignore this signature