Basketbrawl

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Basketbrawl

Post by Bomber »

I assume mother's will think twice about letting their kids play such a dangerous sport following the Philippines v Boomers abandoned game.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Basketbrawl

Post by God is an Englishman »

Just seen the video. Nice "coward punch" from the aussie to start it.

EDIT: Just seen another angle, probably say the phillipino elbow started it but that aussie bloke is surely looking at a long ban.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

I can see the headline now - "Football Hooligans Infiltrate Aussie Basketball Team"
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Just seen the video. Nice "coward punch" from the aussie to start it.

EDIT: Just seen another angle, probably say the phillipino elbow started it but that aussie bloke is surely looking at a long ban.
Think there will be quite a few bans but for how long I wonder? Haven't seen anything similar to compare it with in this sport.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Just seen the video. Nice "coward punch" from the aussie to start it.

Think there will be quite a few bans but for how long I wonder? Haven't seen anything similar to compare it with in this sport.
The first aussie to throw the punch is surely looking at the longest ban, then the phillipino who dropped the elbow. After that, it would seem they're all much of a muchness. Did the chair come from a player or official?

The aussie players looked scared though and very quick to run away. That will save them a few weeks/months.

As you said though, I don't know either what's a normal ban for that in basketball.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:

The first aussie to throw the punch is surely looking at the longest ban, then the phillipino who dropped the elbow. After that, it would seem they're all much of a muchness. Did the chair come from a player or official?

The aussie players looked scared though and very quick to run away. That will save them a few weeks/months.

As you said though, I don't know either what's a normal ban for that in basketball.
Word is that the crowd (inside and outside) were ready to pounce on them as well, so can understand some fear purely based on numbers. That said, it's hardly a "macho" sport but I wouldn't want to mess with someone like Lebron James if it were on for young and old.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Word is that the crowd (inside and outside) were ready to pounce on them as well, so can understand some fear purely based on numbers. That said, it's hardly a "macho" sport but I wouldn't want to mess with someone like Lebron James if it were on for young and old.
It's actually a lot more contact than you think with the screening and blocking that occurs.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:Word is that the crowd (inside and outside) were ready to pounce on them as well, so can understand some fear purely based on numbers. That said, it's hardly a "macho" sport but I wouldn't want to mess with someone like Lebron James if it were on for young and old.
It's actually a lot more contact than you think with the screening and blocking that occurs.
Yet it's meant to be a "non-contact" sport. Played it a few times as a youngster (only as I was taller than most at same age and got talked into it) but got frustrated at all the fouls I gave away, so it was short lived.
Ignore this signature

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

How was it a coward punch if it was face to face and a forearm shove?
It's all in the Delivery!

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

God is an Englishman

was meant to ask the other day......why would you edit your post and keep the original wrong comment in there...????
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:
God is an Englishman

was meant to ask the other day......why would you edit your post and keep the original wrong comment in there...????
Because I'm an honest man.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

MegaBonus wrote:
God is an Englishman

Because I'm an honest man.

who is incorrect, once again
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Which part is wrong?

Cornuto
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cornuto »

Bomber wrote:

It's something you'd do! Being a coward

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Cornuto wrote:
Bomber wrote:

6 weeks for this response? Silly drumstick.
Ignore this signature

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Bomber wrote:
Cornuto wrote:
Bomber wrote:

6 weeks for this response? Silly drumstick.
Sounds pretty cowardly if you ask me :lol: :lol: