France v Australia

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: France v Australia

Post by MegaBonus »

you disappoint me Bomber.....this is not about 1 system nor about Ange....its about a mindset....and so far, everyone is happy to accept the status quo losing mentality....

anyway...this wasn't about 1 loss to France...this was more about the plaudits dished out for a 'gallant/honourable' loss and the implications of accepting that's the best we can EVER hope for....

BTW...how many point do you get for an honourable loss????
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

MegaBonus wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm reasonably confident that I see more of the 'real world' than most....
then grit and work ethic is what we need now.
Ok, as long as you accept that as Aussies we don't have a mortgage on these traits and there are other countries who do it better......ie Iceland

:shock: :shock: :shock: I'm astounded that we have Aussies in here suggesting we should accept our lot in life (2nd and 3rd best)...I'm a pragmatist and appreciate our limitations but where is the passion for change and improvement???????? :oops: :oops: :oops:
Change needs to come before they hit the NT, not when they get there, not with this calibre of player.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:you disappoint me Bomber.....this is not about 1 system nor about Ange....its about a mindset....and so far, everyone is happy to accept the status quo losing mentality....

anyway...this wasn't about 1 loss to France...this was more about the plaudits dished out for a 'gallant/honourable' loss and the implications of accepting that's the best we can EVER hope for....

Mindset? Do you really think the players and coach go out there thinking they will lose?
Bottom line is they looked more organized tactically for the first time in two years. I can't help but think if we went out with a 3-4-3 formation we would have probably lost 5-0 or 5-1 or similar - and you get no points for that either.
If you get a class team (closest we have had was 2006) then you might have the luxury to tinker, but formation for formation sake (ie attack at all costs) is simply naïve. Even the top nations don't do it.
Pick your best side and play the system that best suits that side. Simple!
Ignore this signature

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

[quote="Cornuto"]The truth hurts, it WAS a penalty for France, video proved it.

Actually, if you watch the video in slow motion it is clear the Frenchy's final touch was hard and he had little chance of getting to the ball before Ryan, so he slowed his run to ensure his trailing leg was touched by Risdon and then made the most of it.

If you don't believe me watch the match view and you will see it clearly, remember he is one the quickest and smartest strikers in the game.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Old Master wrote:
Cornuto wrote:The truth hurts, it WAS a penalty for France, video proved it.

Actually, if you watch the video in slow motion it is clear the Frenchy's final touch was hard and he had little chance of getting to the ball before Ryan, so he slowed his run to ensure his trailing leg was touched by Risdon and then made the most of it.

If you don't believe me watch the match view and you will see it clearly, remember he is one the quickest and smartest strikers in the game.
So you confirm it was a penalty

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

MegaBonus wrote:you disappoint me Bomber.....this is not about 1 system nor about Ange....its about a mindset....and so far, everyone is happy to accept the status quo losing mentality....

It was a good effort in the context of the players we have at our disposal and the current system that supports junior development in Australia. If we had the money and resources of France, then I would say it was not a good effort, but we do not. I don't want to continually suffer noble defeats, but as a realist I recognise that we can't expect to win world cups with the structures and systems we have in place.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

The Kangaroos are slow learners

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

France and Italy at least should have a good showing at the next World diving championships too.
Ignore this signature

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Sunny Vanilla wrote:
Old Master wrote:
Cornuto wrote:The truth hurts, it WAS a penalty for France, video proved it.

So you confirm it was a penalty
Don't you understand English?

It cannot be a penalty if the ball was not playable (within reach) when contact was made - it was a well-executed dive that fooled the fool in charge of the VAR.

Read the 'Laws Of The Game' section on the awarding of Free-kicks and penalties.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

The aussies would definitely win the whinging world championships.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Sorry OM the ball does not have to be within playable distance for penalty or direct free kick to be awarded. A direct free kick is taken where the offence occurs ( provided the ball is in play) and if the offence occurs in the penalty area then a penalty is given .

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

ozzie owl wrote:Sorry OM the ball does not have to be within playable distance for penalty or direct free kick to be awarded. A direct free kick is taken where the offence occurs ( provided the ball is in play) and if the offence occurs in the penalty area then a penalty is given .

A penalty cannot be awarded when the ball is not within playing distance at the time of the contact.

The most that can be awarded in this circumstance is an indirect free kick from the point of contact.

Ask any experienced referee and they will, or should, be able to explain that to you.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Old Master wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Sorry OM the ball does not have to be within playable distance for penalty or direct free kick to be awarded. A direct free kick is taken where the offence occurs ( provided the ball is in play) and if the offence occurs in the penalty area then a penalty is given .

A penalty cannot be awarded when the ball is not within playing distance at the time of the contact.

The most that can be awarded in this circumstance is an indirect free kick from the point of contact.

Ask any experienced referee and they will, or should, be able to explain that to you.
And the adjudicator says...................drum roll...................... :arrow:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:Don't you understand English?

It cannot be a penalty if the ball was not playable (within reach) when contact was made - it was a well-executed dive that fooled the fool in charge of the VAR.

Read the 'Laws Of The Game' section on the awarding of Free-kicks and penalties.
I suggest you go away and read the laws yourself if you think that's the case.

Come on tell the truth, these "claims" that you've played the game are just a wind up aren't they. WELL PLAYED!!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
Old Master wrote:

And the adjudicator says...................drum roll...................... :arrow:
That he has got out again, marbles well and truly lost.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:Don't you understand English?

I suggest you go away and read the laws yourself if you think that's the case.

Come on tell the truth, these "claims" that you've played the game are just a wind up aren't they. WELL PLAYED!!
His mate, who has reffed 3 World Cup finals, and has 8 satellite dishes, told him so.
Ignore this signature

Ofor Fuxake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ofor Fuxake »

Old Master wrote:It cannot be a penalty if the ball was not playable (within reach) when contact was made
What??? It doesn't matter where the ball is, provided it is in play.
You can lead a horse to water but they are bloody hard to drown.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Ofor Fuxake wrote:
Old Master wrote:It cannot be a penalty if the ball was not playable (within reach) when contact was made
What??? It doesn't matter where the ball is, provided it is in play.
I cannot wait for him trying to talk his way out of this one. He's shown he doesn't understand the game at all.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Old Master wrote:

OM miles off the mark direct free kicks are taken where the offence occurs not where the ball is (provided ball in play).

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

ozzie owl wrote:
Old Master wrote:

OM miles off the mark direct free kicks are taken where the offence occurs not where the ball is (provided ball in play).
Ozzie Owl....drum roll...I agree with you

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

What will be the OM response?

a) my mate misinformed me
b) I was up late and lacking sleep
c) I missed my medication
d) I'm still right, the rest of the world is wrong
e) :roll:
f) You're all bullies, so I wont answer and cause a bump to GIAE's unanswered questions thread

Ladbrokes odds to open shortly
Ignore this signature

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Bomber wrote:What will be the OM response?

a) my mate misinformed me
b) I was up late and lacking sleep
c) I missed my medication
d) I'm still right, the rest of the world is wrong
e) :roll:
f) You're all bullies, so I wont answer and cause a bump to GIAE's unanswered questions thread

Ladbrokes odds to open shortly
All of the above plus more.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Weirdest post of the year award has to go to OM. Can't be a penalty if the ball is not within playing distance :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

limozeen wrote:Weirdest post of the year award has to go to OM. Can't be a penalty if the ball is not within playing distance :lol: :lol: :lol:
So I gather you're punting on "F" given his recent silence?
Ignore this signature

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

We've got 1 point so far, that's 1 point more than the 2014 campaign.

Maybe it's best if you jump on YouTube for the rest of the Aussie part of the tournament and watch clips of Barcelona rondos

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

yeah Ok.....comparing France, Denmark and Peru to

Spain - at the time World Cup holders
Netherlands - eventual semi finalist lost to Argentina
Chile - qualified 3rd CONMEBOL losing (on penalties) to eventual finalist....
Last edited by MegaBonus on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Arfa Fuxake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Arfa Fuxake »

The Netherlands did not lose to brazil.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

thanks....corrected....but you get my point....

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:thanks....corrected....but you get my point....
Point being you're the one touting "honourable losses" now!
Ignore this signature

Arfa Fuxake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Arfa Fuxake »

:lol: