Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Post Reply
N5 1BH
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 2119
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Liverpool

Post by N5 1BH »

Incorrect a 58% vote on a 60% turn out is not a majority

So the real Klopp is finally starting to come out, calling WBA worthless, the UK voters stupid etc. etc.. You can take the kraut out of germany but……..When Salah finally takes himself and his phony piety over to Spain will that leave an even bigger hole than when suarez left

User avatar
The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 12355
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 6:43 am

Re: Liverpool

Post by The Kop »

N5 1BH wrote:Incorrect a 58% vote on a 60% turn out is not a majority

So the real Klopp is finally starting to come out, calling WBA worthless, the UK voters stupid etc. etc.. You can take the kraut out of germany but……..When Salah finally takes himself and his phony piety over to Spain will that leave an even bigger hole than when suarez left
order for large chips extra salt.
Image

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56057
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Bomber »

maxin in the shade wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Salah is now up there with Messi, Ronaldo etc, no doubt.
:lol: :lol:

You're kidding right?

Salah has had an amazing season. Definately deserves all the plaudits he's getting.
Great player.

But Messi and Ronaldo have been having these kind of season's year in, year out for 10+ years.

If he can score 40+ for the next 5 years, then possibly he can be considered.

Will be looking forward to seeing how Salah performs at the WC. Hopefully he can take this great form with him to Russia.
I said he was "up there" and stand by it. The fact that he isn't from a traditional world power football nation, makes it all the more special.
Magical touch and has similar impact to his team as any of the top players mentioned.
Watch and wait till Barca or Real sign him and he will do the same. You can bet on it.
Ignore this signature

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14094
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Champions at last »

N5 1BH wrote:Incorrect a 58% vote on a 60% turn out is not a majority

So the real Klopp is finally starting to come out, calling WBA worthless, the UK voters stupid etc. etc.. You can take the kraut out of germany but……..When Salah finally takes himself and his phony piety over to Spain will that leave an even bigger hole than when suarez left
It appears your sense of humour is lost, he said the points are worthless to WBA.
And the majority of voters did say stay.

You are actually wrong, re Salah, as Firmino and Mane are better than Sturridge and Sterling were. But keep fishing all you like.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45059
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Liverpool

Post by God is an Englishman »

N5 1BH wrote:Incorrect a 58% vote on a 60% turn out is not a majority

So the real Klopp is finally starting to come out, calling WBA worthless, the UK voters stupid etc. etc.. You can take the kraut out of germany but……..When Salah finally takes himself and his phony piety over to Spain will that leave an even bigger hole than when suarez left
58% is a majority in liverpool, same as 52% is a majority in the rest of the UK.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

N5 1BH
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 2119
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Liverpool

Post by N5 1BH »

The comment "although the vast majority in Liverpool voted stay" remains incorrect though

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14094
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Champions at last »

N5 1BH wrote:The comment "although the vast majority in Liverpool voted stay" remains incorrect though
16% more voting to stay is vast to me.

N5 1BH
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 2119
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Liverpool

Post by N5 1BH »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:The comment "although the vast majority in Liverpool voted stay" remains incorrect though
16% more voting to stay is vast to me.
36% of an electorate voting to stay is not vast to me

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14094
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Champions at last »

N5 1BH wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:The comment "although the vast majority in Liverpool voted stay" remains incorrect though
16% more voting to stay is vast to me.
36% of an electorate voting to stay is not vast to me
With elections the 'assumption' is the same % of those who didn't vote would have voted the same way as those who did.

You said it's not vast to you, so that's your opinion - doesn't make it right or wrong. :)

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45059
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Liverpool

Post by God is an Englishman »

N5 1BH wrote:The comment "although the vast majority in Liverpool voted stay" remains incorrect though
On a technicality yes. No one Under 18 even voted.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16883
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Nice One Cyril »

"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14094
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Champions at last »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Even Jurgen's missing Coutinho :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ummer.html
Second to Lallana :wink: , of course we need more numbers. But I reckon a cheaper replacement will prove to be better for us......
I have given up looking for a stat saying e have missed him :lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16883
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Even Jurgen's missing Coutinho :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ummer.html
Second to Lallana :wink: , of course we need more numbers. But I reckon a cheaper replacement will prove to be better for us......
I have given up looking for a stat saying e have missed him :lol:
What do you know about this Fabinho you've signed for $80m? I don't watch Ligue 1, so is that a fair price or just the usual hyperinflation in football?
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45059
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Liverpool

Post by God is an Englishman »

It's all Ramos's fault, it's never theirs.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14094
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Champions at last »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Even Jurgen's missing Coutinho :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ummer.html
Second to Lallana :wink: , of course we need more numbers. But I reckon a cheaper replacement will prove to be better for us......
I have given up looking for a stat saying e have missed him :lol:
What do you know about this Fabinho you've signed for $80m? I don't watch Ligue 1, so is that a fair price or just the usual hyperinflation in football?
Honest opinion? Never heard of him until today. My son though says he is good, and I trust him!!!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16883
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:Honest opinion? Never heard of him until today. My son though says he is good, and I trust him!!!
That means good on XBox, or whatever they play these days. Sissoko is good on there!
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14094
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Champions at last »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:Honest opinion? Never heard of him until today. My son though says he is good, and I trust him!!!
That means good on XBox, or whatever they play these days. Sissoko is good on there!

Errr my son plays football manager, listens to copious podcasts and watches European football. He doesn’t waste time on social media..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 7234
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Liverpool

Post by MegaBonus »

Jurgen Klopp (2016):
"Other clubs can spend big money on top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money."

January 2018: - Spends world record fee on a centre back

July 2018: - Spends world record fee on a goalkeeper

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16883
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Nice One Cyril »

MegaBonus wrote:
Jurgen Klopp (2016):
"Other clubs can spend big money on top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money."

January 2018: - Spends world record fee on a centre back

July 2018: - Spends world record fee on a goalkeeper

:lol: I don't know why managers say stupid things, they'd all spend the money if they had it.

To be fair to Klopp, he's seen where their weaknesses are and has addressed them. They'll be stronger for it.
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14094
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Champions at last »

And Klopp has just said he doesn't like spending that much money but market forces etc

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16883
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Matthew wrote:And Klopp has just said he doesn't like spending that much money but market forces etc
So he doesn't really want to do it differently then?

Him speak with forked tongue :wink:
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14094
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Champions at last »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Matthew wrote:And Klopp has just said he doesn't like spending that much money but market forces etc
So he doesn't really want to do it differently then?

Him speak with forked tongue :wink:
i guess he thinks players are overpriced!

N5 1BH
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 2119
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Liverpool

Post by N5 1BH »

Yeah players developed by other clubs tend to be! Didn’t he say he’d quit when it wasn’t about development and ‘being together’ anymore. Nowhere to hide now for the trophyless one, so many egos into 11 won’t go. I see trouble ahead, can’t wait

Champions at last
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14094
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Champions at last »

N5 1BH wrote:Yeah players developed by other clubs tend to be! Didn’t he say he’d quit when it wasn’t about development and ‘being together’ anymore. Nowhere to hide now for the trophyless one, so many egos into 11 won’t go. I see trouble ahead, can’t wait
If only trolls would hide. you get worse by the post. :wink:

We had a cabernet keeper and have hopefully improved - its logical, you dont get it as you have none yourself. :lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16883
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Despite being the better team over the 90, Pool were lucky to escape with a point this morning. Keeps the title race interesting, might even bring United back into it :lol:
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

scar
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:10 am

Re: Liverpool

Post by scar »

Unfortunately as great a manager as Pep is even he is prone to making mistakes, namely why still persists on playing Sterling vs LFC & especially at Anfield where he is always dire. In fact I'm still yet to see Sterling put in a commendable effort vs LFC since he left them.

The other costly mistake this morning was Pep insisting Mahrez take the PK, yet we already knew Mahrez lacked confidence. So Why???
Last edited by scar on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

scar
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:10 am

Re: Liverpool

Post by scar »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Despite being the better team over the 90, Pool were lucky to escape with a point this morning. Keeps the title race interesting, might even bring United back into it :lol:
NOC must've been watching a different red team (probably got confused with the Arsenal game) bec although Liverpool defended very well that is about the only credit I can give them.
LFC played like an away team (& given their recent heavy schedule I don't blame them) but they were very meek & disappointing in attack & for the moment Salah has clearly lost his Mo-jo. ;-)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16883
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Nice One Cyril »

When did Liverpool sign the linesman?
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 2119
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Liverpool

Post by N5 1BH »

:oops: Lucky once again??

Liverpool are now workmanlike and hard to beat but lacking the required craft. How much did they end up paying for keita when their game was crying out for a spark like coutinho

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56057
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Liverpool

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:When did Liverpool sign the linesman?
Just before the transfer window shut. We tried to get the ref but way too expensive
Ignore this signature

Post Reply