FFSA CUP 2018

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: FFSA CUP 2018

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Jellyfish Haircut wrote:
Lucas Leiva wrote:Ghan beat White City 2-1 in extra time :shock:
Why the surprise? Ghan can score 28 when they need it.
If so may need to consult JD for some defence advice re the 27 they obviously would have conceded :wink:

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Next round draw today?

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Mr Red wrote:Next round draw today?
Doubt it ..still fixtures to be played over the weekend

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Sacred Noodle wrote:
Mr Red wrote:Next round draw today?
Doubt it ..still fixtures to be played over the weekend

ah that's right silly me :roll: :arrow:

Getting Rusty
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Getting Rusty »

That doesn't mean the draw can't be made.
No country who has never qualified for the world cup should be allowed to host it at the expense of one who has.
Sod Japan, sod Qatar, sod Blatter and his cronies!

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

Pretty solid effort by Parafield Gardens on Saturday night against Adelaide Olympic.
Olympic scored from a penalty ( handball ) and then a nice finish, then Gardens clawed one back with a spectacular goal by Ebert taking the ball on the volley and chipping the keeper from outside the box. ( A world class goal according to one of the old Greek blokes I was standing near !! hahaha )

Down 2-1 at half time.

10 mins in to 2nd half Ebomo got a 2nd yellow and when Ebert standing right next to ref protested he got a straight red by a very precious Ref.
Gardens continued to scrap and hold on and some quality keeping efforts to eventually only go down 4-1 when down to 9 men for the last 35 minutes.
No Martini for the game either.

Quality of Olympic was evident at times the way they knocked the ball around, but hats off to Gardens for having a real crack and showing that the good Amateurs are not too far out of their league..

Great facility too at the parks..
The charcoal BBQ smell wafting around was outstanding on a cold night !!!

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

No kidding wrote:Pretty solid effort by Parafield Gardens on Saturday night against Adelaide Olympic.
Olympic scored from a penalty ( handball ) and then a nice finish, then Gardens clawed one back with a spectacular goal by Ebert taking the ball on the volley and chipping the keeper from outside the box. ( A world class goal according to one of the old Greek blokes I was standing near !! hahaha )

Down 2-1 at half time.

10 mins in to 2nd half Ebomo got a 2nd yellow and when Ebert standing right next to ref protested he got a straight red by a very precious Ref.
Gardens continued to scrap and hold on and some quality keeping efforts to eventually only go down 4-1 when down to 9 men for the last 35 minutes.

Quality of Olympic was evident at times the way they knocked the ball around, but hats off to Gardens for having a real crack and showing that the good Amateurs are not too far out of their league..

This is where the affiliation breaks down.

Martini got sent off, preliminary round of the FFA Cup – missed the rd1 FFA Cup fixture but in between these fixtures had a rd1 SAASL fixture, which he played in!

Ebomo and Ebert got sent off during this fixture so when do they miss..?? Next year’s FFA Cup fixture..?? Any yellow cards received during FFA Cup fixtures where do they go..?? Do they get accumulated and passed onto SAASL..??

All clubs and players are registered on My Football/SportsTG system and my thinking is, if we are all under the one system then any suspension, be it red card or accumulation of yellow cards should be served on the next official fixture otherwise there will potentially be confusion about when a player should be serving his suspension.
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

wouldn't it be the same as all cup suspensions.

Get sent off in the cup, miss the next cup round if team qualifies

Get sent off in cup miss next official game if knocked out of cup
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

haywood djablowme wrote:
No kidding wrote:Pretty solid effort by Parafield Gardens on Saturday night against Adelaide Olympic.

Down 2-1 at half time.

Martini got sent off, preliminary round of the FFA Cup – missed the rd1 FFA Cup fixture but in between these fixtures had a rd1 SAASL fixture, which he played in!

Ebomo and Ebert got sent off during this fixture so when do they miss..?? Next year’s FFA Cup fixture..?? Any yellow cards received during FFA Cup fixtures where do they go..?? Do they get accumulated and passed onto SAASL..??

All clubs and players are registered on My Football/SportsTG system and my thinking is, if we are all under the one system then any suspension, be it red card or accumulation of yellow cards should be served on the next official fixture otherwise there will potentially be confusion about when a player should be serving his suspension.
Inter and Gardens this week hey ?? :roll:

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

No kidding wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:

Down 2-1 at half time.

Inter and Gardens this week hey ?? :roll:
It has nothing to do with Inter v Gardens you muppet :roll:
No doubt, they will both play this weekend but the question needs to be clarified for the good of the competition, and unfortunately for Gardens due to their send offs they are going to be used as the case study
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

All clubs and players are registered on My Football/SportsTG system and my thinking is, if we are all under the one system then any suspension, be it red card or accumulation of yellow cards should be served on the next official fixture otherwise there will potentially be confusion about when a player should be serving his suspension.[/quote]

Inter and Gardens this week hey ?? :roll:[/quote]

It has nothing to do with Inter v Gardens you muppet :roll:
No doubt, they will both play this weekend but the question needs to be clarified for the good of the competition, and unfortunately for Gardens due to their send offs they are going to be used as the case study[/quote]

Muppet !!
gee whiz a bit harsh for a simple observation :(

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LRO »

So what is the outcome? What do the rules say? Are the mentioned players eligible to play this weekend or are they suspended?

moonshine3
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by moonshine3 »

Suspended !!

Cobweb Rides Again
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cobweb Rides Again »

Haywood, as they are registered via myfootballclub any suspensions are as RedFred said, and how it has been for any Fed team through the years and in the SAASL Competition rulebook.

But for your peace of mind ensure their team sheet does not have them manually added, because if they were available (not suspended) they are able to be picked automatically through the team sheet production in myfootballclub.

The beauty of myfootballclub team sheets means any unavailable players cannot be selected when generating the teamsheet.

Hope this eases your fears.

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

suspensions are on the SAASL website for all to see as well by the way
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Your Shout
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Your Shout »

Depends if they play under their own name. :wink:

Jellyfish Haircut
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Jellyfish Haircut »

Will the mods piss this cuņt off. :twisted:
THE ORAKLE wrote:my days as a missionary for this forum are now over. :|

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Jellyfish Haircut wrote:Will the mods piss this cuņt off. :twisted:
it hasnt upset or bagged Hellas yet

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Jellyfish Haircut wrote:Will the mods piss this cuņt off. :twisted:
Strange, I was able to report the post as Spam.

Why hadn't you done that?

Jellyfish Haircut
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Jellyfish Haircut »

I've already reported a similar one by the same spatlese.
THE ORAKLE wrote:my days as a missionary for this forum are now over. :|