"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:52 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:59 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 288
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
We left that world cup without getting losing a game.

New Zealand did that too not long ago.


India did it in 1950.

_________________
Read 'em and weep boys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 55088
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Loretta Jones wrote:
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
We left that world cup without getting losing a game.

New Zealand did that too not long ago.


India did it in 1950.


Australia did it under Venables albeit in the qualifying stages - undefeated but still missed out.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:26 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44306
Loretta Jones wrote:
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
We left that world cup without getting losing a game.

New Zealand did that too not long ago.


India did it in 1950.


:lol:

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:54 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:47 pm
Posts: 628
Nugget wrote:
If you dont think Englands performances at major tournaments for the last 50 years have been anything less than embarrassing then you are delusional. But being an England supporter, that comes with the territory. :lol:

1990 - lost semi final on penalties .
Just one of a number of near misses.
Doesn't sound embarrassing to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:35 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17377
alfieboy wrote:
Nugget wrote:
If you dont think Englands performances at major tournaments for the last 50 years have been anything less than embarrassing then you are delusional. But being an England supporter, that comes with the territory. :lol:

1990 - lost semi final on penalties .
Just one of a number of near misses.
Doesn't sound embarrassing to me.


Your easily pleased.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44306
ozzie owl wrote:
alfieboy wrote:
Nugget wrote:
If you dont think Englands performances at major tournaments for the last 50 years have been anything less than embarrassing then you are delusional. But being an England supporter, that comes with the territory. :lol:

1990 - lost semi final on penalties .
Just one of a number of near misses.
Doesn't sound embarrassing to me.


Your easily pleased.


Must be easy to be successful when you just change the team you are going for each week. Some of us are loyal.to our club/national side.

Major difference between embarrassing and being pleased. Eg. I am not pleased unless we win but losing in a penalty shoot out in the semis to the winner isn't embarrassing.

However, seeing as you claim to be "aussie", have they ever had a non embarrassing world cup?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:29 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 288
2006

_________________
Read 'em and weep boys


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group